Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Pale AleSierra Nevada Pale Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. visit their website

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.60% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 07-05-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Alström Bros
4.25/5  rDev +5.5%

2.51/5  rDev -37.7%

I saw on Beer advocate that this was an A- so I was pretty excited, after tasting it I really couldn't see why. I also judge beers quite a bit on the balance of alcohol. I want it to be there but not so obvious, this beer did not mask its alcohol very mask it alcohol very well making it less enjoyable for me personally, especially considering it was only 5.6%. I think there is plenty of better stuff out there, but its not a bad beer.

4.27/5  rDev +6%

A must review for me because this was the first craft beer I ever had. Actually, this was the first beer I ever really had. One Thanksgiving my buddies dad and my dad said hey you guys wanna drink beer? Drink these and get back to us.

A- Clear. Amber golden. Pours about 1 finger head. I have had this beer a million times and I will say, there is nothing like having it on draft, in Northern California. That being said it looks solid, an attractive APA.

S- Nice piney hops. Good malt back. Such a well made beer all around.

T- I remember when this thing blew my mind as a youngster. Like how could I possibly drink more than one? Obviously this has changed, in huge part thanks to drinking SNPA until it felt normal to drink more than one or five. Piney, citrus undertones and a nice smooth balance.

M- So crisp, so clean without feeling manufactured. Perfect carbonation for an APA.

O- It is like a good old friend that you can lose touch with but always come back to and appreciate. Delicious hall of famer.

4.42/5  rDev +9.7%

A- Unreal golden color with a crisp white head.

S- Smells citrusy with a hint of hoppyness and caramel.

T- one of the best tastes delicious, citrus, caramel, hops, flowers, grass, very sweet with a almost sour but delicious after taste.

M- smooth mouth feel goes down smooth creamy to the tongue.

O- Overall one of my favorite beers from tap and bottle. I recommend this beer.

4.75/5  rDev +17.9%

3.5/5  rDev -13.2%

4.25/5  rDev +5.5%

3.62/5  rDev -10.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A - Pours a clear golden/slightly orange into my snifter a solid near white head dissipates relatively quickly, some lacing.

S - Bready sweet caramel malts with a grapefruit/citrus hoppyness

T - Malty sweetness to citrusy hops to a slightly dry bitter finish. wee bit of yeast

M - Fairly light and crisp, good carbonation very drinkable

O - A good affordable session beer, nothing special but a solid american pale ale

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.