Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Pale AleSierra Nevada Pale Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. visit their website

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.60% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 07-05-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Alström Bros
Ratings: 10,188 | Reviews: 2,945

Anxious for getting another of this exquisity

One of my favorite Pale Ales ! Goes with just about everything !

Not sure how else to rate my favorite beer.

This beer sets the standard

need to re review. Have had founders and Sierra Nevada and Sam Adams rebel IPA now. These and founders are my go to

Beer you always turn to! Always consistent and of high quality

Amazing! One of my favorites.

If I was stuck on an island and could only have one beer, this would be it!!!

If you are looking for an IPA that is everything an IPA should be, look no further! Siera Nevada has become my standard to compare to!

The king!

Taking the best of the craft/micro breweries, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale has achieved an APA that is supreme in flavor, mouth feel, and finish.

A marvelous color and body greet you at the tap or glass-pour. Beautiful staunch head and matching foam greets your lips as you sink into one outstandingly smooth and full-featured beers.

I knew it as soon as I tasted this. You cannot get a better beer. You can pay more, but you can't get a better one. Absolutely solid, glass after glass. MOST impressive. Exactly what this kind of beer should be.

Sam Adams introduced the American Micro Brew style into mainstream acceptance over 20 years ago, and Sierra Nevada has taken it to it's next step. A truly masterful brew in every respect. Absolutely my favorite for excellent reasons.

Slightly cloudy, caramel color. Almost no head. There's a hint of a smoky aroma. Like most pale ales, starts with a citrusy flavor which gives way to the bitterness of the hops. This one is nicely balanced. Kind of a woody aftertaste. One of the best pale ales I've ever had. Great beer!

Bittering Hops: Magnum, Perle.
Finishing Hops: Cascade.
Malts: 2-row Pale, Caramel.

38 IBU.

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a tumbler on 01.23.14.

A: See through orange. 1/2 finger head.

S: Grapefruit. Not as strong as other APAs.

T: Pine, biscuit.

M: Crisp. Nice and bubbly on the tongue.

O: This is definitely a softer APA in terms of hops than others, but that is an unfair comparison since it is from an earlier time than more current hop-heavy APAs. It is a very well balanced, easy drinking beer. This is a classic, a standard, and a piece of craft beer history that you can drink today. Amazing!

This is the King of pale ales! One of the beers that started me off into craft beer.. And I still drink them today. I've never had a bad one.. 5/5 all day

This is my first review I had to review this brew first simply for the fact that its the best beer I've had. Perfect
It's a citrus smell along with a citrus taste except the hops are absolutely top notch perfected. Have drank in a glass and bottle and their both to die for. I'm from los Angeles so this is a beer that is placed in a lot of stores around me, and for good reasons it should. Love this beer and love the Sierra nevada brewery. Perfect beer

A classic for a reason. Poured into a pint glass from a six pack purchased at PW Mart in Poway CA. Smells spicy, hoppy, with some citrus. Pours a honey yellow with a big white fluffy head. Tastes delicious. Remarkabely smooth and refreshing with a hoppy bite to it. This is one of my favorite beers ever. It can be enjoyed straight out of the bottle. Highly recommended.

Spicy after-flavor. Amazing beer!

I don't know what the hell you all expect in a beer but this little mofo just rocked me! This beer is my new favorite! I just had one bottle from a sample case of many that I received for my birthday and DAMN! I just found my new favorite! My old favorite was Newcastle but now I think I found my true love! I haven't checked the price of this beer yet, but I hope I can afford it! The head stayed moderate throughout the enjoyment of this beer. It smelled a little piney and woodsy and I didn't want to drink the last damn drop knowing that this is the only bottle I had of it. What a teaser! It's kinda like the first good piece of a@@ you ever got. You feel like you want to savor the flavor but get greedy and say screw it, I'm going all the way....It's like that! Dudes, if you haven't tried SN, try it! You won't regret it! My fridge will forever be stocked with Sierra Nev. until my next love comes along...

This one is classic for sure! It goes down smooth and in Southern California you can find for less then 8 dollars a six pack compare to other craft beer this a great bargain

Appearance : It has a bronze and some gold color, and a very thick and lon lasting lacing

Smell: Pine and cedar
Taste - Plenty of hops which are balanced . Has a earthy " taste to it and very refreshing without feeling you up.
Mouthfeel : medium and and satisfying

People who are looking for a World Class beer with some hops in it witch are balance. This would be the beer to try. I been drinking this beer for 15 years now and I will keep on drinking it

This beer is my "Ol' trusty" in my fridge. You can always go to it and it always delivers, every time!

Let me explain why I chose to give this a 5 across the board. The taste is exceptional, and it's a classic pale ale, lots of pine! But what truly makes this beer excellent is the value. For what you pay and what you receive, one truly gets a bargain.

Put this beer head to head with any in its class, and it will beat them hands down. However, compare the price of this beer to those in its class, and it is every bit a bargain as you can find. For instance compared to Dogfish, which makes exceptional stuff, it crushes the competition. Dogfish will break your bank account to get some of their product. But Ol' trusty comes through once again, delivering a superior product at a better price point!

And that in itself deserves a 5 across the board, and yes it is that damn good!

Absolutely one of my favorite beers!! honestly can go good with anything, but you are better off enjoying this beer by itself. it has so much too offer, such great combination between the yeast and malt's making this an outstanding brew. you can put this on my list of top beers.

Discovered this at age 73 after my daughter left a bottle. I have never had a beer or ale anywhere as good as this!

I drink it with steamer clams and sauteed oysters. Heaven! Next will be sauteed scallops. I need 54 more characters to post, so "+++"

I love this beer, by far one of my favorites. any trip into a bar with this on tap and it is a must have for at least one pint. I have always been a pale ale kinda dude and this one really sets the bar for me. a perfect gateway beer for anyone that wants to get into craft beer

A wonderful Pale Ale that hits the spot in every way. This one deserves to be in everyone's fridge.

A: A nice dark copper color with a nice, thick and creamy head that stays with you to the end.

S: A subtle hop smell that allows you to smell the sweet malt profile.

T: A very nice balance of hops and malt flavors. A ry nice sweet flavor that allows just the right amount of bitterness to come through.

M: Excellent carbonation with a slight hop bite. So very balanced.

O: Excellent beer. It has a great balance of malt and hops, and it allows you to just sit back and enjoy it.

Being a hop head, you wouldn't think this would be up my alley, but I do concede to perfect flavor when it warrants it. And this one does just that.

This is my current everyday beer. I am not sure why I like it so much, but I guess it is:
1. Great American Hops, still balanced with the malt
2. Bottle conditioned, not pasteurized. It has a live taste.
3. Brewed here in N.C. Fresh date, fresh N.C. mountain water, low carbon footprint.

This is my go to beer. One of my favorite pale ales. Poured from a bottle into a pint glass. Had about two fingers worth on head on it. Has a great hop and floral smell to it. Pours a nice amber color with nice lacing. Taste of hops, citrus, and floral notes. Has a nice dry finish to it. All in all just a great beer.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.