Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Pale AleSierra Nevada Pale Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. visit their website

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.60% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 07-05-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Alström Bros

4.25/5  rDev +5.2%

Lovely copper colour with small /lasting head.
Marmaladey nose of sweet malt and citric hops in a good balance.
Flava is citric hop tang blended with crystal type malt base,with a long lingering hop bitterness.Neutral ale style with light /medium mouthfeel body.

Very well balanced and drinkable.

4.25/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This brew is a class act! The golden hue of this offering is very deep and mid dark. The body is medium plus, but, it is the taste that gets you and holds on...the taste is of a slight bitterness from the hops which fails to leave, but is more somehow, mellow, crisp. Very rewarding.

4.25/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

My 1st review on BA. I recently ditched the world of macros and entered the world of crafts and micros. SNPA was one of the 1st beers I tried, and my 1st APA. The 1st 6 pack I drank was an enlightening experience.

The first taste I took I was almost floored by how much hoppiness and general flavor this beer had. A tad overwhelming at first (to a macro-head, which is what I was). By the 3rd one, I began to LOVE this beer. When the 6 was gone, I drove back to the store at mach 3 to pick up a 12 pack (and was glad and surprised SN makes a 12 pack of this. Thumbs up for that.) This beer opened my eyes to a whole new world.

Nice hoppy, piney taste, with a citrusy kick. The 1st taste is a nice kick in the taste buds, but it quickly fades into a nice dry finish that makes me want to take another sip right away. I liken the taste to "drinking a pinecone". I think I started my internship of "hophead in training" with this one. I never knew I liked hoppy beer, but apparantly, I do. As I try more APAs, I will instinctly use this one to judge others against.

Great taste, HIGH drinkability, decent ABV, widespread availability and reasonable sticker price make this one a winner on all fronts.

4.25/5  rDev +5.2%

Well gotta say, I still have a soft spot for this guy. Definitely the one that got me into craft beer, and still a win over most of the stuff out there. Pours a delicious deep amber color with a colossal head that leaves outstanding lacing. Seriously, this beer looks amazing. Nose is solid - maltier than I remembered, but lots of swirling citrus and light floral hops as well. Taste is likewise. Strong and delicious, lots of caramel malt balanced nicely with the mildly spicy grapefruit hops. Feel is good, medium body with solid carbonation. Really, an excellent beer. Might have to switch to these more often if prices keep going up like they are.

4.25/5  rDev +5.2%

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.