Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Pale AleSierra Nevada Pale Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. visit their website

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.60% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 07-05-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Alström Bros

visualmartyr, Apr 27, 2014

chefbigjon, Mar 09, 2014

Sinewave, Jan 01, 2012

scottiethebody, Aug 24, 2012
3.63/5  rDev -10.1%

Appearance - A very whipped cream-like head with poor lacing. Pours a pale orangish yellow, almost a clear urine color.

Smell - Slight hop notes, but not much else is going on here.

Taste - Slight bitterness turns over to a sweet and smooth aftertaste. A delicious caramelized pine note that has a very smooth hoppy aftertaste. A well balanced lemon-squeeze aftertaste as well.

Mouthfeel / Drinkability - Well balanced and smooth. Quite easily drinkable; so much so that I could easily drink a six pack in a night. I guess I would call this my 'go-to" beer.

Verdict - Defintely a tasty and delicious beer. When I'm just in the mood to have a beer in general, this is what I reach for. I have had it several times; bottled and on tap.

Jesse13713, Feb 17, 2011

2.75/5  rDev -31.9%

Arch578, Aug 05, 2014

JohnnyK, Apr 27, 2014
4.3/5  rDev +6.4%

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a pint glass.

A: Pale gold in color, clear, with dense white foamy head at about 1/4" but receded quickly to not much more than a fluffy ring.

S: Citrus hops are prominant on the nose, similar to a an IPA but not as pungent. A little agitation reveals more floral notes with the faintest bit of light malt.

T: This sure tastes like an IPA! A nice complexity of hops dominate the palate. Malts come in second, a distant second, this being a relatively dry brew. The finish quick and clean with just nothing but hop bitter lingering to the end.

M&D: A rather light and dry brew. Carbonation is fine but brisk and the brew has a smooth disposition. A fantastic beverage but I might have considered it an IPA. Especially if you like hops, grab one of these!

SIRIUS2, Apr 16, 2008
4.3/5  rDev +6.4%

Pours darker than I expected for a pale ale, its a transparent light copper color with a nice white head that sticks around for a while and leaves a little lacing. Smells of citrus and pine hops, very crisp and fresh smelling. Taste is great, starts with citrus and pine hops followed by understated sweet malts. I know its bitter, but it doesn't taste that bitter, quite refreshing. Mouthfeel is perfect, carbonation is just right too. I usually buy 12oz bottles when I try beers, today I got the large bottle (I think it was 24oz) and it was gone before I knew it.

gkunkle, Sep 25, 2010

Hockey_Fan, Jun 29, 2014

BrooklynPanch, Jan 19, 2014

mlklein27, Feb 21, 2014
4.33/5  rDev +7.2%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a pint glass.

The beer pours a ever so slightly hazy copper/light amber color. An aggressive pour produces about three fingers worth of creamy white-ish head that slowly recedes leaving behind sheets of lacing that nearly cover the glass.

The aroma is of grassy piney hops, followed by the light scent of orange zest and lemons. The malt is moderately noticable, giving off a biscuity and grainy character.

Lots of citrusy hops, with the piney/grassy hops taking a backseat. Quite well balanced with the biscuity/bready malt backbone always being present but never outdoing the hops. Slightly sweet. The carbination give it a sharp quality on the tounge. Medium bodied and finishes relatively dry. Very drinkable

In many ways this was one of the beers that turned me on to craft beer, and I always seem to have some in my beer fridge. Just a terrific go to beer. I pulled some out today to watch the Colts game and figured that I would check out how I reviewed it to see how my opinion of it had changed; and to my surprise I had never taken the time to review this great beer. Can't go wrong with SNPA

CBlack85, Sep 12, 2010
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.