Sierra Nevada Summerfest Lager - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Summerfest LagerSierra Nevada Summerfest Lager

good

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. visit their website

Czech Pilsener |  5.00% ABV

Availability: Summer

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-17-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Sierra Nevada Summerfest Lager Alström Bros

3.08/5  rDev -15.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.5

Not sure if I got a bad bottle. Some skunkiness detected.

A: Beautiful golden color with good retention and carbonation

S: Skunky, grainy, and piney

T: Follows the nose but the skunkiness is more prevalent. A little more hop flavor than the nose leads to believe.

M: Nice medium body with good carbonation.

2.6/5  rDev -29%

I read a bunch of the reveiws here and I feel like the kid in "The Emperor's New Clothes" wondering why this is one of the worst tasting lagers I've had in a long time but everyone else is singing it's praises. I love good lagers and I drink a lot of them and I always like to try new ones. I picked a couple bottles up at Trader Joe's because you can purchase by the bottle there and I figured I'd give it a go. I had to literally choke the beer down. A good lager should not be bitter like an ale and give a bad after taste. It should go down smoothe and have a pleasant aftertaste to the pallette. This did neither, it was very hoppy and more characteristics of a Pale Ale.

I really like Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale and it is my go to beer when I want something with a little bite and bitterness. I think they should stick with what they know how to brew and stay away from doing a Lager in the future. I am still perplexed though at what so many people find appealing about this lager.

2.74/5  rDev -25.1%

It is a lot more consistent in taste than that of the bottle. You can definitely experience more of a full flavor, whereas the bottled version is a lot more mellow. I've had this beer on draft as well, and being that I am not a fan of lagers, I was also not a fan of this beer in any of its forms. I find that the taste is too bitter, as if licking a mahogany wood post. I just can't grasp the bitterness and wish that there was more to offer in terms of its flavor.

4.5/5  rDev +23%

3.75/5  rDev +2.5%

3.5/5  rDev -4.4%

Sierra Nevada Summerfest Lager from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.