1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Hopsichord - Beer Camp #36 - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Hopsichord - Beer Camp #36Hopsichord - Beer Camp #36

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. visit their website

(Beer added by: flexabull on 11-17-2010)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Ratings: 41 | Reviews: 29 | Show All Ratings:
mgoblue5743

4.47/5  rDev +4.7%

Best IPA I've ever had; fresh, hoppy but not overly bitter... just awesome, I recommend you find this guy if possible

The citrus flavor is nice and the amber hue is just beautiful, Sierra Nevada has outdone its smaller, niche IPA peers with this brew. I agree with the above reviewers.

11-30-2010 22:15:52 | More by mgoblue5743
mikechance

4.93/5  rDev +15.5%

I was in Chico for Thanksgiving weekend and went to the brewery to sample some beers. This is a wonderful beer - one of the best I have ever tasted. It's under the American Double/Imperial IPA style, but it's really an incredible red ale. It's strong, so it's nice to sit back on a cold day and enjoy over time.

IPA/Bigfoot/Red lovers do your best to get to the brewery and try it out. You'll thank yourself.

11-29-2010 20:22:23 | More by mikechance
naproxen

Connecticut

4.38/5  rDev +2.6%

On tap for the SN 30th Anniversary at Eli Cannon's. This was a beer camp #36 brew that a local participated in so Eli's got the keg.

This was served to me in a lovely SN 30th tulip with a decent 2 finger white creamy head. By the time I took my first sip the head dissipated to a thin white ring, leaving lacey patterns down the side. So far, pretty text book. The hue is interesting, a touch more amber and deep gold than I initially expected.

The nose is WOW! Citrus and pine, a hint of sticky sweet malt as well. The grapefruit/citrus salad really is the winning profile here.

The first sip put me into my happy hoppy place. The flavors, body, and mouth feel all compliment each other in this tasty package. The grapefruit begins the journey, making pit stops at pine and orange before arriving at a perfectly bitter finish. The grain bill adds the necessary depth to this one (2 row, Golden Promise, Munich, Caramel 45, Special B), adding a touch of sweetness to the finish that blends well with the bittering hops (which are listed as "experimental variety").

The body on this is exactly what I want from a DIPA, not too thin yet not heavy and viscous. A pretty intricate task to accomplish with the hop profile. I only start to get hints of the alcohol by the very end of the glass, it surely did not inhibit me from ordering another. It will sneak up on you of course, but it is far from a chore to drink two of these in a sitting. I agree with Flexabull, get this one bottled!!!

11-23-2010 20:59:01 | More by naproxen
flexabull

4.55/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

On tap for the Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Party at the brewery.

This was the star of the show (among many other stars) in my opinion.

Pours a bright and clear light amber color with a nice creamy white head, good lacing down the sides of the glass.

Aromas are phenomenal. The nose is just full of fresh resiny hops and tons of fruits. Mostly orange, tangerine, apricots, fresh cut pine, and resin.

Taste is just like the nose. Tons of complex hops flavors bounce around your mouth. Apricots, tangerines, oranges, and sugary grapefruit. Backdrop provides a slightly sweet creamy malts. Finish is crisp, tangy, slightly dry, and with hints of pine bitterness.

Mouthfeel is perfect. Smooth, very full, creamy, and with lively carbonation.

Drinkability is excellent. This is the best DIPA I have had in quite some time. Awesome stuff. Hoping I can get a growler fill in a few days.

Side Note : PLEASE Sierra Nevada, bottle this beer! I know Hoptimum is the next bottled offering, and that is a nice beer, but man... I thought Hopsichord was quite a bit better.

11-17-2010 03:49:51 | More by flexabull
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Hopsichord - Beer Camp #36 from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.