FOAM Pilsner - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

FOAM Pilsner
No picture uploaded.

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. visit their website

German Pilsener |  5.60% ABV

(Beer added by: JizackFH on 09-09-2011)
Reviews by snowsurfer422:

2.75/5  rDev -26.9%

4.25/5  rDev +13%

4.25/5  rDev +13%

3.52/5  rDev -6.4%

3.83/5  rDev +1.9%

On tap at Cole's. Served initially too cold, its true balance and flavour reveals itself as it warms to room temperature. Light yellow,and lacey, but yet spot on and so drinkable. Very good dinkability. Very good malting that adds to the mild but significant bitterness.

3.25/5  rDev -13.6%

3.73/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

On tap at the Owl House in Rochester, NY.

Pours a golden straw yellow, very clear, no haze. There's a small quarter inch head, and a little bit of lacing.

Smells typically Pilsner-like, a bit corny, with some sweet malt, and a bit of grassy hops. Not overly distinctive, but it nails what I expect for a pilsner.

This tastes relatively the same, slightly sweet, with a snap of grassy hops providing a quick bite towards a smooth, grainy finish. There's a slight floral aspect to the hops, too. There's some slightly doughy malt flavors, as well.

This is light bodied, with a very crisp, but slightly oily mouthfeel, which is weird. There's a medium amount of carbonation. It's very drinkable.

This wasn't the best American made pilsner I've had, but it still hit the spot even on a cold day.

3.76/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

On draft at Tap and Barrel, Smithtown, NY.

Poured a dark straw hue with a one finger foamy white head. There was Goid retention and lacing.

The smell featured light pilsner malt, a grassy hop and fruity esters.

The taste consisted of a grainy pilsner malt, typical noble hopping and a pronounced ester.

The mouthfeel was toward the fuller side of the style.

Overall a tasty, fruity pilsner.

3.98/5  rDev +5.9%

This review is from a tasting I had of this in July at the Phish Superball Festival - Watkins Glenn, NY. Yes, I know its a few months old in my mind now, but I wanted to write a few things down on what I remember, plus I highly doubt I will ever have the opportunity to drink again...If I do, I will update. I was deff loking forward to having this brew as it was brewed in honor of my favorite band.

From what I remember, it poured a light crisp golden color. Nice Foam for a pils...(I guess thats why they call it FOAM)...or maybe its for Phish?? :)
Anyway, It was actually a pretty decent tasting pils from what I remember. Super easy to drink, tastey, and a bit higher ABV than some other pils being offered at a place like a festy...I had a bunch of these throughout the weekend.
Id really like to have again and review live.

3.9/5  rDev +3.7%

I had this on-tap at Max's. Poured into a sample glass.

Appearance: Pours a clear golden light amber with fluffy white head and a mild amount of lacing.

Smell: Very mild. Crisp pils malt with a sweet honey note.

Taste: Light and very easy to drink. It definitely has that distinctive pilsner taste. Bready grain with a mild hop bitterness in the finish.

Mouthfeel: Medium body with tingly carbonation and a dry finish.

Overall: Admittedly, this isn't my favorite style, but I really enjoyed this beer. Super easy to drink. I would definitely have another.

FOAM Pilsner from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.