FOAM Pilsner - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

FOAM Pilsner
No picture uploaded.

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. visit their website

German Pilsener |  5.60% ABV

(Beer added by: JizackFH on 09-09-2011)
4.25/5  rDev +13%

3.5/5  rDev -6.9%

4.5/5  rDev +19.7%

3.85/5  rDev +2.4%

On tap at The Surly Goat in West Hollywood, CA.

Pours a clear yellow with a white head that settles to a film on top of the beer. Foamy streaks and dots form randomly around the glass on the drink down. Smell is of malt, grain, and some slight corn/vegetal aromas. Taste is much the same but there is a nice herbal hop finish with each sip. This beer has a lower level of carbonation with a slightly crisp mouthfeel. Overall, this is a good beer that is easy to drink and has a better flavor than aroma in my opinion.

4.23/5  rDev +12.5%

drinkin a FOAM watchin the Phish drop that plinko funk, doesnt get much better. def the best beer on tap at super ball IX in the beers of the world tent. phish should bring this beer on tour with them. if you ever have a chance to taste this beer, or see the phish, i highly recommend seizing the opportunity. im lookin in and it all would be so crystal clear if it wasnt for the foam!

4.25/5  rDev +13%

3.75/5  rDev -0.3%

3.5/5  rDev -6.9%

4.05/5  rDev +7.7%

This was one of the beer I had at the Sierra Nevada beer dinner at Kickbacks. Nice. big pilsner fan. Lived in czech rep. great repsrestation of style. big body for style. nice hop balance. Was a great night. Had amazingly paired food with one of my all time favorite breweries. I would love to have this beer again as well as others from the night.

Poured into pint glass.

Appearance: light amber, clear, pours 1/2 finger of thick white head that fades quickly.

Smell: Malty, hoppy, hints of citrus, crystal malt, hint of pine resin.

Taste: Malty throughout, bready in the middle, bitter finish,

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied, good carbonation, crisp, creamy.

Overall: A tasty pilsner. Nothing crazy going on here, but well executed. Drinkability is high.

3.98/5  rDev +5.9%

This review is from a tasting I had of this in July at the Phish Superball Festival - Watkins Glenn, NY. Yes, I know its a few months old in my mind now, but I wanted to write a few things down on what I remember, plus I highly doubt I will ever have the opportunity to drink again...If I do, I will update. I was deff loking forward to having this brew as it was brewed in honor of my favorite band.

From what I remember, it poured a light crisp golden color. Nice Foam for a pils...(I guess thats why they call it FOAM)...or maybe its for Phish?? :)
Anyway, It was actually a pretty decent tasting pils from what I remember. Super easy to drink, tastey, and a bit higher ABV than some other pils being offered at a place like a festy...I had a bunch of these throughout the weekend.
Id really like to have again and review live.

FOAM Pilsner from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.