Brux Domesticated Wild Ale - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Brux Domesticated Wild AleBrux Domesticated Wild Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. visit their website

American Wild Ale |  8.30% ABV

Beer added by: JohnGalt1 on 06-24-2012

3.53/5  rDev -7.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Picked up the last bottle on the shelf because of Russian Rivers reputation despite the price ($16.00). Bottle opened with a pop like champange which kind of startled me. Very effervescent with a head that quicky disolved. Smell reminded me of my trip to Belgium especially the tour of the Cantillon Brewery. Very tart, dry but interesting taste. Enjoyable but I did not feel it was worth the price. Based on other reviews, I would pick up a another bottle at a reasonable price point and store it for a year.

4.75/5  rDev +25%

2.5/5  rDev -34.2%

2.93/5  rDev -22.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

Bought this as I'm a RR fan. Little did I know the letdown I was about to drink

Appearance was typical, golden with a whole lotta carbonation. What I would expect from a saison.

Smell is where this beer took it home. The smell on this beer gave me multiple orgasms. It smells like sexy hook ups and no regrets.

Taste.... I found the regrets... I found them hard. This beer literally tastes like a malty pile of my puppy's leftover. No funk, no sour, no anything other than a depressing taste of why the fuck did I buy this 15 dollar bottle of BS.

MF: over carbed. done.

Overall, this beer is pathetic. It's over priced and tastes like garbage for that price point. Pretty shocked that SN and RR couldn't come up with something more than a drain pour. Whatever, enjoy my review, Im so disgustingly over this beer

3.93/5  rDev +3.4%

2013 bottle

- Pours a copper clear with airy white foam. This beer is very clear with no haze, almost like a lager.

- Smell is sweet earthy funk with spice notes.

- Taste is crisp, sweet malt mixed with grassy citrus flavors. Not getting much funk and definitely no sour/tart flavors. Slightly drying on the palate.

- Overall an interesting beer. Very crisp and clean on the palate with an interesting sweet, earthy, citrus vibe. However, it is not sour (which is implied with "wild ale")... I would describe this as a sweet saison. Worth a try if that style sounds appealing, but I'm a bit disappointed honestly.

Brux Domesticated Wild Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.