Fallen Apple - Furthermore Beer

Fallen AppleFallen Apple

Furthermore Beer visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Cream Ale |  6.20% ABV

(Beer added by: Golden2wenty1 on 10-25-2006)
4.75/5  rDev +41.4%

Pug, Feb 03, 2014

steelslug92, Jan 05, 2014

T_Hass, Dec 28, 2013

zimmee66, Dec 10, 2013

hilgart1, Nov 15, 2013
3.18/5  rDev -5.4%

12oz bottle poured into a standard pint glass.

Pours a light/coppery yellow color with a light white head. Head dissolves quickly.

Not a terrible strong nose, but the apple scent certainly comes out. Very light and crisp.

A bit of an 'empty beer' as far as cream ale's go, but as a man who loves sour apples I enjoyed this beer. Nothing complex or groundbreaking about it, but a nice fall beer for those who like tart ales.

A crisp, dry beer that is well carbonated. Starts tart and finishes tart - apple lingers on the tongue through the finish.

A tasty little ale that I had higher hopes for. With that said, I would drink this again if it was served at a party but I don't think I would purchase for myself.

SleepyDrunk, Nov 03, 2013

elec, Oct 12, 2013

ejimhof, Aug 29, 2013
4.5/5  rDev +33.9%

Ross_Haddow, Jul 28, 2013

Slatetank, May 30, 2013
2.15/5  rDev -36%

I had high hopes for this six-pack. Cream Ale sounded pleasant although I have scarcely had one before and being huge fan of a good cider I figured this would be a homerun. The flavor was just off-putting for my taste, the apple/cider was overly sweet and completely unbalanced with the ale which left a strange aftertaste. I ended up giving 4 of the 6 bottles to friends to try and they had similar feelings, however, we agreed this would be a great ingredient for beer-bread.

Lofty, Mar 10, 2013
3.35/5  rDev -0.3%

Pours a slight, white head. Soft aroma of apples., but a malty biscuit aroma behind that. Golden color. Starts off tart and bright like a cider, then it transitions quickly into a rich malt finish after the tartness peaks. There is a slight hop flavor in the switching in this one.

Not bad at all. I like the apple upfront, and the malt back.

TheSSG, Jan 02, 2013

King_KongDCO93, Dec 19, 2012
3.75/5  rDev +11.6%

rocklibster, Dec 19, 2012

mportnoy, Dec 09, 2012
3.23/5  rDev -3.9%

A: Clear yellow amber in color. Forms a smallish-sized fizzy head that fizzes away nearly as quickly as it forms, leaving just a light ring around the edge and no lacing.

S: Aroma is pleasant, though light. Mostly a blend of light pale malts and green apples.

T: Taste is not as pleasant. Not bad, but not great either. Starts off with a lightly sweet, sour green apple quality. Then some mild grainy malts and even a bit of a sour corn flavor. This beer has a certain sourness to it, but it's not the acetic acid/wild ale/lactic quality; it's much more of the Adjunct Lager sourness, with some apple flavoring.

M: Light bodied. Medium carbonation. Mild tartness that lingers on the tongue. Virtually no bitterness.

O: I was looking for NG Apple Ale when I came across this one at a store in Madison. The sales person advised me this was the superior beer. I'm going to have to disagree. And while I'll readily admit I'm generally a critic of the Cream Ale style, I'll also say this beer isn't going to prove me wrong, either. Drinkable, but not that I'd want to.

Florida9, Dec 08, 2012