Punk'n Harvest Pumpkin Ale - Uinta Brewing Company

Uinta Brewing Company visit their website
Utah, United States

Pumpkin Ale |  4.00% ABV

Availability: Fall

This sessionable pumpkin ale is brewed with fresh pumpkin and seasonal spices.

(Beer added by: Wasatch on 10-25-2006)
Luweezy

1.5/5  rDev -55%

09-09-2013 00:25:53 | More by cclark67789
JCB14

1.63/5  rDev -51.1%

Generally with a pumpkin ale I expect a good smell, but this was the worst smelling pumpkin ale I have ever had. The taste was slightly better that the smell, but not by much. The quality of the beer is sub-standard for this style.

It had a good head and even better head retention.

10-12-2012 14:57:19 | More by JCB14
gkatsoris

1.68/5  rDev -49.5%

A: very very lagery. Caramely. No head at all and no lace.

S: pumpkin pie....duh. cinnamon. Apples. Bready. Malts. A littlte bit vegetabley.

T: boring!!!! Bland, bland, bland. Malts! Very slight pumpkin pie spices...very slight.

M: thin. Thin. No coat on the tongue and no body at all.

O: what an effing crappy beer.

Dumped it!!!

09-07-2012 01:57:39 | More by harrylee773
wailingwench

New Mexico

1.83/5  rDev -45%

I was super excited to see this pumpkin ale in NM!!! I would have purchased a case... I am glad that I did not, as purchasing one six pack is 6 beers too many of this dud.

I do not recommend this imposter of a pumpkin ale. I have consumed some of the best pumpkin ales in the land (Southern Tier Pumpking, Post Road Pumpkin, Smuttynose Pumpkin, O' Fallon Pumpkin, Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin, among others). Now, I have consumed one of the worst pumpkin ales in the land :(

Eye Candy: The only thing going for this beer. Night dark amber with a beautiful creamy off white head. Plenty of rising carbonation. Looks inviting...

The Nose Knows: faint pumpkin, whiff of spices. Astringent grains, odd metallic characteristic.

Tongueland: grainy, cooked vegetable, metallic. Absolutely no mouthfeel at all. Thin and watery.

Bender Factor: at 4 % ABV (who they hey brews a 4 % brew these days) thats a no go. I wouldn't drink more than one of these anyways.

08-27-2011 02:01:22 | More by wailingwench
JMBSH

Colorado

1.93/5  rDev -42%

A nice orange color with a decent head after a hard pour. But before I look away, the head quickly shrinks to almost nothing, just a thin trace on top of less the 5% of the surface.

It smells very spiced. I really can't smell any pumpkin. I think the spices are allspice and clove.

After tasting I really wonder if there is any pumpkin in this. The spices are sure there and that is about it. A very slight bitterness is hidding in the back of my throat after swallowing each mouthfull but it doesn't feel like hops to me. It reminds me of soda water or seltzer water. A slight stickness with no flavor. Very disappointed. Not recommended.

This beer feels watery.

skaboom420

09-21-2012 20:29:28 | More by skaboom420
corby112

2.08/5  rDev -37.5%

Pours a slightly hazy, dark golden orange color with a one finger, frothy off-white head that quickly settles unto a lasting ring. Sporadic streaks of lacing left behind.

The aroma of this beer has a very strong vegetal presence that clashes a bit with the autumnal spices. I'm not picking up pumpkin pie sweetness, but rather an earthy, pungent character that smells kind of like rot. This is really unpleasant and doesn't compliment the cinnamon, brown sugar and ginger notes. Smells pretty awful.

This beer tastes a bit better than it smells, but not much. Medium bodied with a very earthy, vegetal pumpkin flavor that's countered by earthy hops and zesty spice. Subtle sweetness but reminds me more of squash/harvest flavors without any of the pumpkin puree/pie sweetness that I prefer in the style. There's some earthy hop bitterness along with some nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar and clove but something is just off with this beer.

09-29-2012 07:31:08 | More by corby112
UGADawgGuy

Georgia

2.15/5  rDev -35.4%

With the weather cooling and a freshly deposited paycheck, I visited my local beer store today and picked up a wide variety of seasonal beers. I'd never seen or heard of this one, and I figured, what the hell?

Big mistake.

Appearance: This beer pours a decent orange-ish amber color. I couldn't generate much head, even with a fairly aggressive pour. What little head it did produce (about a half-finger) disappeared almost immediately.

Smell: I detect a faint pumpkin-ish aroma, and a hint of either nutmeg or cinammon. But it's too faint to pin down.

Taste: What a disappointment! Yeah, I can taste the pumpkin, but it tastes...a little bit burnt, maybe? And I mean that in a bad way; I love nice, toasty malts, but those just aren't there with this beer. The prevailing flavors are of VERY mild pumpkin, a nearly imperceptible hint of spice, and...soapy water. Not good.

Mouthfeel: VERY little carbonation, and an absurdly light body. It's almost a vaguely pumpkin-flavored tonic water, minus most of the bubbles. Except it's oddly slippery, with essentially no body or heft.

Drinkability: I wasted money on a six-pack I'd never heard of. I'm tempted not to finish the first one, and the other five will likely be foisted upon an unsuspecting acquaintance in the near future. I've had worse, but this one's not worth your time.

09-27-2008 01:23:52 | More by UGADawgGuy
Buffjones

2.15/5  rDev -35.4%

I'm a huge pumpkin ale fan, I typically like Unita's offerings very much, but this one let me down. It lacks that classic pumpkin ale flavor to me. It is devoid of any of the classic spices/flavors that make this style so appealing to me. They may have been going for a more subtle approach, don't know, but overall this has been a HUGE dissapointment for me. I would not buy again.

09-15-2013 18:25:29 | More by Buffjones
tbern007

Colorado

Bottled on date of 7/29/11, consumed 9/20/11
A- orange/amber, very few carbonation bubbles, little white head that is completely gone fast.
S- I smell the pumpkin spice, some mild hoppiness. Very light scent in general- too light.
T- tastes watered down, light spice flavor, maybe a little nutmeg. Like a grainy alcohol beer that has had some light sweetness added.
M- more carbonated than it appears. Looks flat but isn't. Tastes very diluted in general. Like an american standard macro with some added flavor. Not that great. Won't have it again.

09-21-2011 02:27:27 | More by tbern007
dsa7783

2.2/5  rDev -33.9%

Single, twelve-ounce bottle just copped from Gary's in Madison...
First-ever beer from this brewery located in Utah...
Pours a clear, lucid, tawny, copper hue with no head nor lacing at all...
Faint, undetectable, mild aroma with slight hints of allspice...
Taste, likewise, was weak, watered-down, bland, and wholly unassertive...
This light-bodied, poor excuse for a pumpkin ale truly failed to impress...
Not recommended...

09-01-2008 01:47:06 | More by dsa7783
olympuszymurgus

2.2/5  rDev -33.9%

A new beer with a sexy label, of course I grab a few singles. Lets try this creature, for tomorrow we brew our own pumpkin beers.

Pours a burnt gold, smells lightly of spice, lightly of malt. Taste has a slight bitterness, nothing remarkable. It's a pumpkin golden ale, a beer lacking any definitive feature except mediocrity.

I gave this beer nearly pure 2s, the mark of "not impressed." The lone 3, average, goes to drinkability because this beer would be drinkable if I respected myself all that much less.

10-09-2010 19:53:31 | More by olympuszymurgus