Detour Double India Pale Ale - Uinta Brewing Company

Detour Double India Pale AleDetour Double India Pale Ale

Uinta Brewing Company visit their website
Utah, United States

Detour blazes the trail for fresh and bold Double IPAs. Four varieties of hops combine to step up the flavor profile. A hoppy adventure that finishes dry. Big in alcohol and character.

(Beer added by: Beaver13 on 05-30-2010)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Detour Double India Pale Ale Alström Bros
4.25/5  rDev +12.4%

2.95/5  rDev -22%

3.84/5  rDev +1.6%

4.15/5  rDev +9.8%

4.28/5  rDev +13.2%

I dont think I like Unita.....I had a hop nosh and it was pretty bad...it was so bitter I couldnt get it down! Then I had a couple more hop nosh and and they werent that bad...but still pretty bitter.

Now I have detour and the first one out of the 4 pack gave me that same way too weird bitter earth almost skunkd taste again that my first hop nosh gave me.....I actually didnt even know they were both unita till after my first sip I said WHOOOAAA I know that nasty taste! lol
I have had like 80 different IPAs this year....and Unita is the only one that makes me not want to drink anymore!

I finished off my hop nosh making it my 4th beer of the night.....you know the stage where everything taste like a salad after 3 9%ers!

Still though even with that bitter weird taste its still ok....and much better after you already had a few in you!

I am drinking another right now....and it tastes soapy! thats it soap! flowery soap.

3.76/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours orange with bright clarity. A fat creamy head of light colored khaki foam that clings to the glass and leaves lots of lace. Nose is bright with orange and a pine. A bit of sugar to draw you in. A faint touch of earthy herbal that comes forward shyly as this warms. Candied orange peel. Taste is terrific. That orange is the bright and sweet. The hops give out a slight oniony flavor but I am very sensitive to that. Smooth and supple mouthfeel. This one glides across the palate. The bitterness peaks at the back end and the earthy herbal qualities resound for a time in the dry finish. The malt in this one comes forward almost slyly to reveal a light dry biscuit, tempting brown sugar and a light caramel. Pine stays light on the palate and a bit of grapefruit tartness shows up late int he drink. This has a graceful and medium mouthfeel.

3.69/5  rDev -2.4%