Hop Nosh IPA - Uinta Brewing Company

Hop Nosh IPAHop Nosh IPA

Uinta Brewing Company visit their website
Utah, United States

Beer added by: Beernoisseur on 10-04-2011

Bold and refreshing, this IPA combines an abundance of hops with a smooth malt profile.

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hop Nosh IPA Alström Bros

I can only rate this okay as the quality of this beer has drastically reduced to undrinkable. What was once me almost jacking off to the smell of this beautifully fruitful smell is now seeming like junk beer. I'm not a typical reviewer as you can tell, but I know my beers. I almost think that since the big guys hold most distribution to these small guys that they might have tampered with the product in rebuttal to the law, like keeping their beer in a 140 degree warehouse. Oh well, back to brewing my own alcohol, won't miss this ripoff economy driven beer, or any of them, not one bit.

I also advise any drinker to come back to non consumer society and grow something and make beer out of it. It's easy and pretty much anyone has an extra acre besides people in city paying 1000x more just to be crowded.

Oh and, for 10 dollars a 6 pack this is a super ripoff just like all of these "craft" brews. I'll make a whole barrel for zero. Have fun with your chemical petroleum hops, it's why most beer tastes like shit anymore.

Photo of

You rated this beer. Add a review.

1.08/5  rDev -73.1%

1.75/5  rDev -56.5%

1.96/5  rDev -51.2%

1.99/5  rDev -50.5%

It's fascinating how one's palate can evolve after drinking several varieties of beers, in this case IPA's. I actually had this on tap at Brixx wood fired pizza two years ago. At the time I actually liked it, thought it was awesome. I even got more of it then.

I've moved on to many other different IPA's, and thought I'd revisit this after a couple of years. I hate it now!!!!

What the heck? It doesn't have the citrus notes of a world class IPA, the flavors are off. Bad after taste. Amazing. I got through a quarter of one and did a drain pour with the other 5.

As my palate has developed, I don't like it, and don't know how I ever liked it in the first place.
Everyone's palate changes and develops as they experience more brews, and it certainly has with this, but not in a good way.

2.04/5  rDev -49.3%