Hop Nosh IPA - Uinta Brewing Company

Hop Nosh IPAHop Nosh IPA

Uinta Brewing Company visit their website
Utah, United States

Bold and refreshing, this IPA combines an abundance of hops with a smooth malt profile.

(Beer added by: Beernoisseur on 10-04-2011)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hop Nosh IPA Alström Bros

pathead, May 27, 2013

DRTBrewster, May 26, 2013

travishardy929, May 26, 2013

Guyute, May 26, 2013

firecrack0r, May 25, 2013

allentownpaguy, May 25, 2013
4.26/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Sure enough, a CAN surfaced, thanks to the good people at the Harrisburg Brewers Festival last Saturday (15 June 2013) who understand the importance of The CANQuest (TM)!

Today is Thursday, 20 June and I am Brother Woody, pseudo-monk with the Order of Disorder. My partner is Sam Knocken, my Old Lady is La Petite Abeille. The city is Lancaster, PA. The review you are about to read is true. No one is innocent so nothing has been changed.

The Crack was an audible masterpiece as was the inverted Glug. With two dense fingers of tawny head staring at me, I had some time to kill. Color was a deep-amber with NE-quality clarity and loads of obvious effervescence. Heavy, sticky lacing was beginning to form, so I readied myself for my first hops fix of the day. I tied off, brought up a vein, wiped a drop of sweat from my brow and leaned in for a whiff. Holy dank, Batman! Where did they load this batch of hops, anyway? Mendocino County, California? The rest of the monastery was off copying the Bible, using a Xerox, which I think is cheating, but nobody was looking, so I shot up, I mean, took a deep draught. Mouthfeel was soft and caressing on the tongue, accompanied by an immediate caramel malt sweetness, followed by a cooling minty flavor from the hops. I may be mis-remembering, but I swear that Brach's used to make a Mint caramel when I was a wee lad. Today, I am not big on sweets, but this was goood. The finish exhibited the same interplay between the malt and the hops that I noted in the mouth. I like it!

I received this from my local, in-person trader, tone77, recently and I CAN assure you that I will be re-reviewing it from a CAN in the near future. In the interim, a bottle will have to suffice.

From the bottle: "For Best Flavor Enjoy in a Glass"; "Brewed with RENEWABLE POWER Wind & Solar"; "Earth, Wind and Beer"; "Loaded by Uinta Brewing Co.".

I utilized an aggro pour, causing the formation of a dense finger of tawny head with great retention. Color was a deep amber with NE-quality clarity. Nose was of resinous piney hops and having come from a high school no-hitter this afternoon, it reminded me of pine tar. Wow! Mouthfeel was medium and the hops were notched up to the point of unmistakability. I now wonder where the demarcation line between an AIPA and a DIPA actually lies. It is somewhere around this brew. Great lacing began to form in my glass as I drank. Finish was actually only semi-dry, which is surprising, given the level of IBUs that this must register. If this measures up from a CAN, my cooler may have a new friend.

woodychandler, May 25, 2013