Hop Nosh IPA - Uinta Brewing Company

Hop Nosh IPAHop Nosh IPA

Uinta Brewing Company visit their website
Utah, United States

Beer added by: Beernoisseur on 10-04-2011

Bold and refreshing, this IPA combines an abundance of hops with a smooth malt profile.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 3,404 | Reviews: 562
3.5/5  rDev -13.2%

4.1/5  rDev +1.7%

Single bottle from a six pack picked up for me in DC - cheers daryk77! Love the bottle artwork on this, as I do for all Uinta beers. Very classic. Best before May 2013.

Poured into a Duvel tulip. Lovely deep copper caramel, with a half inch of head that recedes into a fine ring. Lacing creeps up the sides of the glass and forms streaks and wisps.

Nose is nicely hopped - leaves, resin, candied grapefruit, orange, and a hint of lemon.

A nice, balanced IPA with a good hop profile and mildly dry finish It took me about three bottles to really get to the heart of this brew - an opportunity the six pack afforded me. Nice bitterness, good resin and hop cone presence, lots of citrus. Drier and more bitter than the nose would suggest. I like this a great deal.

Carbonation right on the money. Smooth, slightly oily feel.

Add this to my list of good quality American IPAs to recommend. I won't seek it out unless I happen to find myself the southwest (I like to stick with local offerings once I've tried them), but it's a damned tasty IPA that is worth trying.

3.75/5  rDev -6.9%

4.75/5  rDev +17.9%

3.75/5  rDev -6.9%

4.5/5  rDev +11.7%

4.14/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Enjoy by 6.6.13, poured into a tumbler.

Vibrant orange in color, translucent. Thin/bubbly white head, some lacing.

Smells fruity and hoppy, malty background.

Tastes fruity as well, really fruity. Apple and orange flavors mix with a nice blend of hops and a slightly resinous character.

Feels crisp and fresh. Very smooth up front, with a nice hop/bitter feel on the end.

Overall I'm glad I got to this fresh, as the it's nice as crisp. Reminds me slightly of Lagunitas Maximus somewhat. Been eyeing Hop Notch for some time now. Cheers.

4.81/5  rDev +19.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Really like this one ! Great aroma greets you right away. One of my absolute favorites, mouth feel is great. The bitterness is perfect, flavor overall is very complex. Wonderful color. HopNotch is about as good as it gets on IPA's. Chinook hops deep flavor, piney, slight citrus, wonderful overall!

4.66/5  rDev +15.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Poured into a dimpled beer mug from a 12 oz. bottle when I was visiting Salt Lake City.

A-Poured a cloudy orange-amber color with a thick, bubbly 2 inch off-white head. The head dissipated into a thin foamy surface. Nice sticky, almost syrupy, lace left on the glass. This beer was lookin' good! Low carbonation.

S-Grapefruit, American hops, citrus, grassy, and piney. The hops smell were balanced by a sweet smell. There were also hints of floral notes as well.

T-Great balance here: grapefruit, pine, bitter hops, floral undertones, sweet malt, and citrus. Hints of grass, but not too much. The aftertaste was bitter from the hops. The bitter aftertaste was balanced nicely by the sweet malt up front. This is rated up there with Sierra Nevada's Torpedo in my opinion! The high abv was completely unnoticeable.

M-Light bodied for a 7.3 % ABV brew! Very drinkable, sessionable indeed, although a session of these would leave you with a crazy hangover because the alcohol is so covered. It carried a crisp and light feel that kept me craving for the next sip. The overall feel reminded me of a nice spring day in the high desert. It quenched my thirst.

Overall, I will buy this again. Uinta doesn't have a lot of great beers, they just have good beers. This one, along with Dubhe, are among the best from Uinta, in my book. If you're into highly hopped beers with a fresh and smooth taste, then I recommend checking this out. Cheers!

4.38/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours a deep golden amber a good head that creates consistent lacing.

The smell is a nice array of floral hops.

The beer has a nice full feel to it but is not heavy. A very nice carbonation.

The taste is just a very good IPA. It is smooth with just the perfect amount of bitterness. I wouldn't say that there is anything remarkable but it is great representative of what an IPA should be. If IPAs are your thing then you will enjoy this beer.

4.72/5  rDev +17.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Pours a clear golden with slight tint of orange and one finger of head that sticks around a bit. Mouth-watering hoppy smells of fresh-cut grass and piney woods with a hint of citrus and light malt. Intense flavors of dank, grassy hops that approaches an oniony or garlicy character, but falls just short of that. Sweet from the begining, but also very bitter the whole time, so it finally finishes somewhat dry after the long bitter finish. Great American IPA, just a great beer.

3.25/5  rDev -19.4%

4.27/5  rDev +6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I have never had a beer from Unita, and this was a very nice surprise.

Very interesting art work. The bottle has the directions from a compas around it, which is interesting. Poured into a pint glass, and head retention was good. Gold color.

Once I popped the cap, the aroma hit me and I knew it was going to be a good one. Mainly citrus with a herbal finish. Plenty of hop bite, but this ipa has also has a good malt backbone. The bitterness of the hops lingers at the end, making me want more.

4.75/5  rDev +17.9%

4.25/5  rDev +5.5%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Hop Nosh IPA from Uinta Brewing Company