Hop Nosh IPA - Uinta Brewing Company

Hop Nosh IPAHop Nosh IPA

Uinta Brewing Company visit their website
Utah, United States

Bold and refreshing, this IPA combines an abundance of hops with a smooth malt profile.

(Beer added by: Beernoisseur on 10-04-2011)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hop Nosh IPA Alström Bros

4.93/5  rDev +22.6%

If you are the kind if person who loves to explore beer, then you know the feeling of falling in love with a beer the first time you ever tasted it. That was my experience with Hop Notch. Then you try it a second and maybe again a third time. Sure enough, no subsequent taste ever matched the first. Tis life; passions are rarely permanent.

This brew doesn't follow. I saw the lable and immediately recalled fond memories. But then worried my memory exceeded potential. It didn't. This IPA's hop blend beats almost any other. Try it if you can find it. If you appreciate hops you'll love it!

4.03/5  rDev +0.2%

Been a big fan of Uinta’s beers ever since they started appearing in CO. This one is one of those that people have been raving about for a little while, but I’ve only had once before. Let’s see what we’ve got here…
Pours an amber orange color. A nice cap of foam leaves rings on the glass, sip by sip. Nice visual and texture.
I’m not sure what hops this is using, but it has a pretty bold grapefruit flavor. There’s clearly no juice, but it tastes almost like there is – pretty amazing to have that specific character from the hops/malt alone. Grapefruity and slightly sweet on the front, which becomes bitterness on the back end. Some sips give forth a little bit of a mango note while others have more of a pine character – but there’s never any of that oniony swampy stuff that seems to be all of the rage at the moment.
My glass was gone pretty fast, and with a lot of IPA’s I tend to be 1-and-done. Not here. I think I could probably have 2 or 3 of these, although since they’re on the stronger end of the spectrum I probably wouldn’t do more than that.
Honestly this is good stuff and a 6’er was surprisingly cheap. It’s better than a lot of bigger names, too.
A nice IPA that I imagine I’ll be going back to.

3.55/5  rDev -11.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

A: Poured into a pint glass from a 12 oz bottle yielding a dark orange color with a soapy 2 finger head. The lacing on this beer is excellent. Bottled on 9/4/12.

S: Smells sweet with accompanying grapefruit citrus and pine notes. This smells more malt forward than I would have expected.

T: The taste begins with citrus (grapefruit) andy pine hops, followed quickly by sweet carmel malts. The taste finishes sweet with some floral hops for balance. The beer is slightly bitter at finish, certainly on the sweeter sider of the IPA spectrum.

M: The beer has an excellent mouthfeel. It slightly coats the mouth, but finishes clean. This may be my favorite part of this beer.

O: This IPA is a bit to sweet for me. grapefruit and pine flavors present are pleasing but they are dominated in the end by the sweetness of the malt. The appearance and mouthfeel for this beer are excellent however. I would like to try this fresh or on tap. This is a beer worth trying, but for those who prefer a more bitter and astringent IPA this may not be the beer for you.

Cheers!

4.4/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

I just had a Hop Czar before this one and I was horribly disappointed with that IPA because it lacked the attributes I expect from an Oregon IPA.

On the other hand, this IPA is quite satisfying.

Appearance - a bit more orange-colored than typical. Certainly attractive with good lacing but to be honest who cares how it looks?

Aroma - Definite pine notes with orange and grapefruit aromas. A little bit of a sweetness to the aroma. Very, very good.

Taste - It has the bitterness we expect from an IPA but it also has the

Mouthfeel - Good carbonation and a smooth drink.

I really enjoy this one and considering it is a very reasonably priced beer in Denver I think this is going to be one of my main IPAs.

3.5/5  rDev -12.9%