Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse - Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu

Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-13-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse Alström Bros

4.77/5  rDev +17.2%

Franziskaner - Weissbier

Always one of my favorites, my wife surprized me with a gift in the fridge this afternoon. It sure was great. I can't get enough of this beer, and even better with a few grilled brats. I've loved hefeweizen ever since getting sent to Germany with the Army in the 90's - it was beer like this that kept away from all macro-brews throughout my college life. After some great Hefeweizen, I just couldn't back to bland, tasteless American Lagers.

This beer pours a deep, golden color, a very cloudy blond-light brown. The 12 oz bottle filled my 500ml weizen glass to nearly the top with a thick off-white foam that went down fairly quicky, but not without lacing the sides all the way down.

It's a very flavorful wheat beer taste, slightly sweet, slightly malty, slightly heavy, but all in a great combination. You'll want to be sure to give the bottle a few swirls before you finish your pour to ensure that you get all the unfiltered wheat that you've paid for.

As I finished my brew and typed this up, some fruit fly decided that he couldn't take it anymore and finished himself off with a dive into my glass. While I switch to my covered stein and pour anothe, I just can't be too upset. That's the way I'd like to go too.

4.25/5  rDev +4.4%

4.75/5  rDev +16.7%

4.5/5  rDev +10.6%

This beer bumped my beloved Yuengling into second place after nearly 20 years. I didn't think that would ever happen, but this beer is that good.

Appearance: After pouring into a glass, this beer forms a beautiful, white, fluffy head that disappears rapidly. Lovely hazy, golden color, nice carbonation.

Smell: Just the smell of this beer is intoxicating! Light sweet smell of bananas, hints of lemon, grain.

Taste: Light-medium body with the taste of banana, and as one reviewer said, oddly enough, bubble gum. Just a delicious beer.

Mouthfeel: Crisp, clean, smooth.

Overall: Like I said, this beer has officially bumped Yuengling into second place. Have absolutely no doubt about this beer if you haven't tried it but see it on a shelf somewhere. Just get it. You won't be disappointed!

4.25/5  rDev +4.4%