Beer 30 Light - Melanie Brewing Company

awful

Melanie Brewing Company
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.00% ABV

(Beer added by: mynie on 09-24-2006)
View: Beers (25) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
trep

West Virginia

2.25/5  rDev +31.6%

12oz Can

Beer Thirty..

Wow.

Picked this up from my local watering hole, even they thought it was humerous.

Pours a light golden hue, typical of macro lagers. Smells of dank malt and a bit of alcohol.

Tastes like Wine n A Box. Grapey taste behind the sweet carbonated beverage that it is. I was dared to buy this. High Life + Grape Juice. This is a refreshing beer, while still remaining offensive.

Super fizzy mouthfeel with a light body. Easy drinking but not because it's so fruity.

05-25-2007 07:06:28 | More by trep
Rhynes2

If you noticed, I gave this beer all ones. In the spirt of being fair while rating beer, i never like to give the extremes, for example i would never give a beer 5's across the board because that would mean that beer was perfect in every way. This beer is however perfectly awful. Take everything you like about your favorite beer and reverse it. (I'm not trying to beer bash but this was at a party once and people were fighting over who got the luxury of drinking Natural Light.) This is the lowest of the low. No head, flavor, aroma, mouthfeel was terrible (carbonated water), almost made me cry. Just no... no... -Dale

10-08-2008 14:40:24 | More by Rhynes2
bicyclesnbeer

2.5/5  rDev +46.2%

08-19-2012 15:48:28 | More by bicyclesnbeer
dcall384

Indiana

My friend and I bought this as a joke. We paid 9.99 for 30 beers; so we knew it would not be good. This beer taste like water with some grape flavoring in it. It also tasted like tap water. I did not bother pouring it into a glass, but I imagine it would have poured almost clear. There is nothing good about this beer unless you just want to get buzzed for cheap, or are having people over you don't like. Avoid this beer! It is not worth the $10 I spent.

08-11-2011 13:15:51 | More by dcall384
MaltLickyWithTheCandy

Maryland

1.03/5  rDev -39.8%

Notes on this brew:
Brewed with dirty gym socks, and pigfeed corn.
May be paired with industrial cleaner to strengthen its effect
A bold drink for the new generation of "trailer trash" and college kids with no money
May be mistook for grape soda due to the ridiculous purple can. That's how they trick you into accidentally drinking it.

06-18-2014 13:22:28 | More by MaltLickyWithTheCandy
drunkboxer1

2.8/5  rDev +63.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4.5

Yellow with oily white bubbles. Smells sweet and grainy. Do you know how Cobra smells? It kinda smells like that but a bit more muted. Not particularly refreshing, as you would expect in a light American lager, but kinda sweet and slick. Maybe its the silly joke-name it has or maybe its the fact that the can reminds me of grape soda, but I think it's fairly drinkable.

10-12-2010 02:59:28 | More by drunkboxer1

jik18

08-12-2012 04:59:29 | More by jik18
tylerprince

Colorado

Bought this beer as a joke this Thanksgiving. Without a doubt the worst beer I have ever tasted. As a matter of fact, you should try this. Because nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is this gross. One of my friends tried to shotgun one and failed miserably. His dog, who had consumed a fair amount of beer off the floor the previous night, wouldn't touch the spillage.

A: Urine. With some bubbles.

S: Smells stale fresh out of the can. Like a frat house.

T: Tastes like Busch light, but weaker. At the same time, there's a hint of grape. I have no idea how it got there.

M: Really heavily carbonated.

O: Really terrible. Good to know about for bets (worst beer) and party tricks (make someone vomit).

11-30-2011 23:01:13 | More by tylerprince
MillerMan16

Wisconsin

07-15-2014 21:55:27 | More by MillerMan16
Contagion

1.73/5  rDev +1.2%

It pours a golden straw color. It is opaque, light passes through easily and you can make out objects on the other side without any difficulty. It poured a good finger inch thick head, but it faded rapidly to nothing, not even a film on the top or a ring around the edge. There is absolutely no lacing at all.

The first then you notice when you smell the beer is a mix of cheap malts of the corn and cereal variety. There is a touch of alcohol to the scent. To be honest the scent reminds me of my dorm room when I was in college... at the end of the year after all the spilled beer has had a time to go stale. The taste is much like the scent, Corn, cereal grains and a slight metallic taste. The metallic taste I'm pretty sure is a result of it coming in an aluminum can, at least I hope so. It reminds me of a beer that's gone stale. The aftertaste also has a metallic taste to it.

This is a medium bodied beer. There is a slight carbonation.

This beer was purchased just for the name of it, kind of like a novelty? We always joke that we think its beer thirty. Of course it didn't hurt we got a 30 pack for under $12.00. When we first tried this beer we had already had a couple of other beers first and didn't think it tasted too bad. Now today as I sit here drinking it on its own without any thing altering the pallet and I have a completely different opinion of this beer. This beer reminds me of something I would have bought in college because it's all I could afford. As a grown man, I don't think I'd buy this beer again, no matter how cheap it was.

04-15-2010 01:38:45 | More by Contagion
Clockwork420

Missouri

1.4/5  rDev -18.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Bought a tall can for $0.89. I couldn't pass it up because it looks ridiculous. Can poured into glass stein.

A - Straw yellow, lots of carbonation. Hardly any head whatsoever. Lace on side of glass.

S - Metallic, sour, alcohol. Slight corny. Smells nearly like bile or stomach acid.

T - Smell was what I had expected but the taste was the same. Sour, alcohol, fruityness. And not in a good way. Taste like bile. Sickly sweet upfront, acidic in the rear.

M - Carbonation was not horrible, if the beer tasted better. Thin watery, and hard to allow down your gullet. Almost a gagging sort of difficulty with it.

D - I do not know if I can finish this one.

Look here, I understand beer makers make cheap beer to appeal to larger crowds. Look what A&B has done with Bud light! Not to compare the two but jesus. This stuff is hardly drinkable by any means. I do not understand or know anyone in college or not, that would drink this swill under gun point even. This beer is awful. The metallic taste, the gagging suppression to swallow a mouth full.

Forget this I am pouring it down the sink.
Not work the pocket change I forked over for it.

Never again. Not even in the most desperate of times.

10-28-2010 05:57:40 | More by Clockwork420

Iowa

01-19-2012 18:43:32 | More by alcoholinside
Adamthome1

Nebraska

Well, my local store just started carrying this stuff...Got a 30 pack for $10.99...figured it would be good beer to drink in my garage while working, and I'm not too disappointed....I obviously wasn't expecting much.

I think the best way to rate this stuff is to compare it to its peers; Old Milwaukee, Milwaukee's Best, Old Style. Positive note I can taste just a little more Hop bitterness in this beer to give it ok character...Negative side the malt is dominated by corny taste...the lowest ratio of barley to adjunct malt I'd say I've ever had...also more carbonation would have helped this go down.

My other problem with this stuff is the cans...They are purple and the words "Beer 30 Light" are written in white and purple and in Cursive...It looks like a store bought brand of Purple Soda Pop..Very unappealing....I wish it was a black laber beer look instead.

Well, enjoy.

12-07-2007 23:22:45 | More by Adamthome1
rudolphjacksonm

1.48/5  rDev -13.5%

A - Pours a straw yellow with a small head that dissipates quickly. Lots of carbonation. 2.0

S - Smells like grain alcohol, yeast, and hops. Slight metallic odor present as well as a bit of a champagne scent...though I have no clue as to why. 1.5

T - Interesting taste. Crisp and light, very similar in flavor to your other adjunct american lagers. The interesting thing is that there is a strong aftertaste of grape and champagne. Again, how these flavors ended up in a beer completely baffles me. 1.5

M - Extremely carbonated and bubbly, but dies down to flatness once it warms up in your mouth. Horrible. Just horrible. 1.0

O - Why? Just why? Spend the extra money and get PBR, Budweiser, Landshark...anything other than this. 1.5

11-08-2011 03:25:34 | More by rudolphjacksonm
BenHesk12

1.45/5  rDev -15.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

This beer was purchased in a 30-pack because It was the absolute cheapest beer in the store, and I was a college student just wanting to play drinking games.

A - an extremely pale color similar to watery urine

S - smells like a budwieser after you leave it in a red cup overnight.

T - a very specific watery-metallic taste fills the palate, not resembling typical malt + hops beer in any fashion

M - feels like fizzy soda pop in my mouth

Overall, it's not too offensive to drink, which gives a 1.5, but just barely.

02-15-2012 02:30:47 | More by BenHesk12
jkanavel

1.2/5  rDev -29.8%

I thought this was grape soda when I pulled it out of my boss's cooler.

I gagged and gagged and gagged. Normally I like perrier, but this tasted like perrier and asparagus pee. You know how your pee smells after you eat a ton of asparagus? Thats what this smells and tastes like.

It doesn't even get a full review. It has two saving graces

1. The mouthfeel is like sprite which I LOVE.

2. It has alcohol (possibly unrefined ethonol) so if you drink enough of it you might forget you're drinking Beer30 Light and just choke on your own vomit and die.

12-06-2011 08:09:15 | More by jkanavel