Beer 30 Light - Melanie Brewing Company

awful

Melanie Brewing Company
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.00% ABV

(Beer added by: mynie on 09-24-2006)

meschick, Apr 13, 2013

Chadical, Jan 21, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +121.9%

LJC3, Apr 01, 2013
1.35/5  rDev -20.1%

I got a can of this at a burger restaurant for 50 cents. My recommendation? Save your money.

A: Can't say much for the appearance as I didn't have a glass to pour into.

S: Weird chemical grape flavor. Not very appetizing.

T: Awful. Still tastes like chemicals and metal. Extremely watery. Also I don't know if it's the purple can but I swear it tastes like grape.

M: water

D: I guess you could say it's drinkable since it is so watery. At the opposite end of the spectrum from a "challenging" beer, but at the same time repulsive to anyone with a decent sense of taste.

Overall, avoid. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

skittlebrau, Oct 20, 2010

Zcorechris, Apr 27, 2014

AKolmogorov, Apr 05, 2012
1.1/5  rDev -34.9%

11.99/30 rack.

This beer comes in a purple can. That should tell you something right off the bat. This is by far the worst tasting beer I have ever imbibed. The mouth feel is extremely thin and watery. It barely taste like beer. It just taste terrible and smells terrible, like dirty corn and urine. It leaves a strange after taste in your mouth, reminiscent of stale grape soda mixed with hooker spit that's been run across a dirty concrete floor.

The only reason I bought this was because it was cheap and the design on the case was strangely intriguing. Regardless, I hope I never have to drink this again.

Avoid at all costs.

DoubleD89, Oct 28, 2010
1.25/5  rDev -26%

Can into clear glass

Bought this beer in a BARGAIN BUCKET: 2 cans for $1. I had to buy it to find out how unbelievably bad beer could be. When I searched for BEER 30 LIGHT and found NO SEARCH results I was a little worried. I thought that everyone who drank this must have died before typing up their review.

Appearance - Surprisingly though, this cheap beer looked great! Thick bubbly foam, golden, opaque color, and great looking carbonation made this one appealing from the get-go. "Holy cow," I thought "is it possible that I have just found beer heaven: an amazing pilsener for 50c a can???!!!" High hopes at this point.

Smell - Hopes were quickly dashed when I smelled this beer. Oh boy. Smells like very very cheap beer. Worse than Milwaukee Beast. Pungent.

Taste - OMG....this beer is absolutely RANCID. Just undrinkable. I am definitely tossing this beer out soon. I can't finish this glass and it's the first time that has ever happenned with a beer.

Mouthfeel - no carbonation....all those appealing bubbles I saw when I poured the beer out must have vanished before finding my mouth.

Drinkability - thank God I only bought two cans. One of the worst dollars I ever spent. Even though it was only a buck, I am seriously thinking about going back to that liquor store in Shelbyville, Kentucky and getting my money back. This beer is downright criminal.

mcampanella, May 08, 2009
1.75/5  rDev +3.6%

The only good thing about this beer is its name. I only bought a 6 pack of it because of the name and it was less then 5 bucks. It is a typical college party beer but almost undrinkable for any reason,that is why 4 cans are still in my buddy's fridge.

It tasted and smelled like straight up metal: no sign of any hops, extremely bland and had a supper bubbly feel in your mouth. You are better off spending 4 bucks on one good beer then this but it is generally what you would expect from an American light beer.

You might want to buy one though just to display that silly name can in your bar.

bymyheelicarenot, Dec 28, 2010
2.17/5  rDev +28.4%

This beer is great for playing beirut. At 15 dollars for 30 cans, it is an impressive bargain.

It can also be easily disguised as grape soda when the boys in blue are nearby. If you think hard about the purple can, the taste of grape will be infused into your deepest senses.

I would highly recommend this beer for anyone who likes beer that tastes very bad.

chompythedino, Mar 22, 2008
4.05/5  rDev +139.6%

May seem as a cola representation of Pepsi, but seems to quench the thirst like a Gatorade. First off the color of the can makes my girlfriend happy plus the sight of a man drinking out of a purple can is complete manliness. The smell is similar to a draft beer at many restaurant locations. Although it does smell a tad bit watered down I appreciate the drink ability much more than the smell. This beer is like buying Vaseline when needing KY Jelly. The taste is unique yet not as pleasing as a top of the line beer but the drink ability is exceptional.

Highly recommended for a middle class unique heavy partier. Cheap enough for beer pong yet good enough for Sunday Night Football. The price is right whether it's day or night.

Tombstone12, Oct 09, 2010
1.3/5  rDev -23.1%

Originally purchased by a *thrifty* member of my college fraternity for a party, it was deemed unfit for beer-pong beer. Beer30 Light has become the stuff of legends - dark, terrible legends - in our social group.

Appearance - It would do Beer30 Light a disservice to just say "urine," as its color is a shade paler and foamier than that. Phantom urine, perhaps. There is an ethereal quality to the brew that makes one pause before drinking, in respect.

Smell - In my privileged life, I have rarely had occasion to empathize with industrial workers. However, the metallic, poisonous fruit-smell seeping out of the venomous purple cans caused me to briefly consider the life of a chemical plant worker.

Taste - Shit.

Mouthfeel - Didn't you read "Taste?" It's got this incredible carbonation, like a violently-shaken can of cola, that lasts about 6 seconds before it suddenly and abruptly becomes totally flat. The makers of Beer30 Light have somehow created a beer that is actually BREWED stale.

Overall - "When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." (-Nietzsche)

AAdam, Jul 27, 2012
3.39/5  rDev +100.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3.5

Look, I don't know what everyone is bashing...this shit costs like $10 for a 30 pack what do you expect? Golden ambrosia served in a chalice while angels whistle on your dong?
For less than $.50 a can, I don't think this is a bad beer at all; perfect for games and casual drinking (and I'd take it over bud light any day of the week). Is this a connoisseur's beer? Hell no! It's made to get a person buzzed and save a few bucks. The taste and carbonation remind me of Miller Lite or Coors light..leaning more towards Coors. There is a slight aftertaste which I don't experience in the pricier pisswater ranges...but honestly; I stopped noticing after the second can. Smells and looks like cheap beer to me! Mouthfeel is right up there with any other light beer. Taste is like I said, somewhere between Miller and Coors slightly sweeter and with a short, dirty aftertaste. Of course it's not top-notch, but look at that price tag! Red Dog isn't even this cheap most of the time and that's one of two beers (along with side pocket) that are undrinkable to me. It's not as sweet nor as nasty and off-putting as some of the ones that there are for the same amount of money in my area (Boxer, Lost Lake, Red Dog, Side Pocket, any HG product, Icehouse, etc). Support a Wisconsin brewery and save a few bucks while your at it for your next drinking game or beer bong-off.
For the record: Fav beers are: Alaskan Amber and Wisconsin Brewery's Porter Joe.

aheedratron, May 19, 2014