Follow our progress ...

Wild Cat IceWild Cat Ice

Melanie Brewing Company
Wisconsin, United States

Style: American Malt Liquor

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by woodychandler on 08-13-2011

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
2.82/5  rDev n/a

I CAN't remember who sent me this gem [I CAN be corrected - it was Chaz], but apparently, the tiger got cold from his previous, non-icy iteration and has decided to pounce on The CANQuest (TM) as a result. Bring it on, kitty!

From the CAN: "Unleash the Cat".

Following the Crack & Glug, CANsider the cat unleashed. I wish that I could say I got a tawny head, but instead it was two fizzy fingers of bone-white head that disappeared as quickly as I would wish the same for the beer. Color was a pale lemon-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Nose had the by now all-too-familiar scent of sweet Concord grapes and a metallic tang. These beers should come with a warning label, like "Choking Hazard" or "May Be Injurious to One's Health". Mouthfeel was fairly watery and the taste of grape was not as pronounced as in other examples of the style. It was there, however, along with its partner in crime, metallic tang. The finish was semi-dry and rather bland, perhaps because my taste buds had been brutalized. Not as bad as some, but still not a treat. Forget putting this in your cooler, I CAN't even recommend putting it in a glass or your mouth.

Wild Cat Ice from Melanie Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.