Mary P's Porter - Hyde Park Brewing Company

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-05-2005

Reviews by ironbike1:
4.55/5  rDev n/a

Got this on tap and filled my growler with it. Pours very dark brown almost black. Smell is very robust and a little nutty. The taste of this porter is like no other I have had. Get a little nut flavor as well as a sweetness I can not put my finger on. very little carbonation in my growler but the mouth feel is so sliky smooth it makes for an easy drinker. My brother & I finished off the growler and wanted more.
This porter is very smooth and has a great taste. (466 characters)

4/5  rDev n/a

4.24/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A: Black with a slight bit of red in there. Poured with less than a finger of head and dissipated immediately. No lacing to speak of.

S: A hint of chocolate

T: A little nutty, a little of chocolate. No doubt, this is a great tasting beer.

M: Smooth with medium carbonation.

O: I have not had this beer in over ten years. This would be my go to beer when I used to come here regularly. This is a great representation of a porter. (434 characters)

3.5/5  rDev n/a

4/5  rDev n/a

3.83/5  rDev n/a

Sampled on-tap at the brewery. This beer is much better than their Chaos stout if you are looking for a dark, fuller flavored brew. The color is a dark brown-black color. Higher levels of carbonation than the stout offer a good balance on the mouthfeel. Nothing outanding on the nose, but the flavor is quite good. Nice roasted malts, slight hop bite in the back of the throat. The mouthfeel is lighter-medium, making this a perfect drink after a long day at the Culinary Institute. I highly enjoy this porter. (510 characters)

Mary P's Porter from Hyde Park Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.