Shiner Holiday Cheer - Spoetzl Brewery

Spoetzl Brewery visit their website
Texas, United States

Dunkelweizen |  5.40% ABV

Beer added by: Atlas1 on 10-26-2008

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Shiner Holiday Cheer Alström Bros

3.76/5  rDev +5.6%

3.49/5  rDev -2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.12/5  rDev -12.4%

3.96/5  rDev +11.2%

4.75/5  rDev +33.4%

4.5/5  rDev +26.4%

I first got this beer in 2012, before I really started drinking craft beer, and I just loved it. I drank a bunch of it that season, and when it came out in 2013, I grabbed some right away, and took it back to Georgia to share with my family.

Unfortunately, I didn't care for it as much last year. It was ok, but I only got a bare hint of the peaches and pecans, it didn't seem to have the balance, and there was a slight aftertaste that I didn't care for.

So, I was really pleased with the release this year. I got a 12-pack in cans, and it's right back where I remembered it from two years ago. Nice malt base, the peaches and pecans are back with the nice balance between the sweetness and the hops. I don't know if the bottles I got last year were just an off case, but they were sealed in a cardboard box, so they should have been okay.

Anyway, get this in cans if available, and enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving!

4.48/5  rDev +25.8%

Nice and fruity without being overly fruity and cloying. A little thin throughout, but I was actually pleased. Don't think of spruce and cinnamon.

3.6/5  rDev +1.1%

3.04/5  rDev -14.6%

3.19/5  rDev -10.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

4.09/5  rDev +14.9%

4.16/5  rDev +16.9%

3.96/5  rDev +11.2%

3.25/5  rDev -8.7%

3.5/5  rDev -1.7%

3.5/5  rDev -1.7%

3.84/5  rDev +7.9%

3.75/5  rDev +5.3%

Finally, a holiday brew that isn't the same old amber with "holiday" spices. If I want to taste pumpkin I'll eat pumpkin pie or a pumpkin donut or drink a pumpkin latte. You ever eat pumpkin? It's terrible. Enough about that.
This beer brings out the holiday spirit with peaches and pecans. A real nice combo. It's not too heavy so you will enjoy a few. Clean aftertaste. Happy holidays to you.

Shiner Holiday Cheer from Spoetzl Brewery