Shiner Ruby Redbird - Spoetzl Brewery / Shiner

Beer added by: wagenvolks on 03-17-2011

first ‹ prev | 176-200 | 201-225 | 226-250  | next › last
Reviews: 230 | Hads: 1,109
3.92/5  rDev +26%

Basically it has a light taste of ginger, fresh grapefruit, lemongrass and other citrus characteristics.It all comes together perfectly.To be honest with y'all,look at all the reviews on tap.Not many huh...but there aren't any bad ones.Where as the bottle has horrible reviews mixed in with OK(& great ones scattered around). Sounds like with the bottle of this beer sometimes there is too much carbonation and off tap that problem has not come up at Bombay bar.I have a 32oz bottle of this in my fridge right now but I'm leaving this review for the "tap" because it's simply better and every connoisseur "knows this".In my opinion if you thought it tasted like "bad soda" then I recommend you look up a bar in your area and ask if they have it on tap,guarantee that shit won't happen to you again. (798 characters)

4.79/5  rDev +54%

This is my favorite all-time beer. It's really hard to describe-the grapefruit is there, but subtle. The ginger is there-but it's also just right. I don't usually like "fruit-infused" beers at all, and "Blue Moon" is too sweet for me, but this beer is incredible!

I literally almost got into a row over the last 12 pack last fall, when me and this other guy came into the store at the same time, panicked that it was almost gone. We lamented that this beer is seasonal. (470 characters)

4.25/5  rDev +36.7%

This really is the perfect summer beer. I found myself googling the 2013 in stores date in the winter. This is my favorite beer and if you have not had it yet then you are missing out. Most bars and grocery stores have it available from March - September so pick some up if you haven't already (293 characters)

4.35/5  rDev +39.9%

Not a huge Shiner fan but i love this beer despite that most reviews here are not favorable. It's a specific beer for a specific time of year (i.e. on a hot summer day). I find it incredibly light and refreshing. A perfect beer for a hot summers day. (250 characters)

2.88/5  rDev -7.4%

It tastes like Ginger ale with a hint of grapefruit juice. Not bad for someone who doesn't really like that hoppy beer taste but wants something summery. I had this mid July with chicken wings, I'd say that's the best pairing for this beer. Nothing to write home about but refreshing with a light dinner. (304 characters)

first ‹ prev | 176-200 | 201-225 | 226-250  | next › last