Baron Von Weizen - The Defiant Brewing Company

The Defiant Brewing Company visit their website
New York, United States

Hefeweizen |  5.00% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: JerzDevl2000 on 07-20-2011)
Reviews by Huffs:
3.75/5  rDev n/a

4.75/5  rDev n/a

4/5  rDev n/a

3/5  rDev n/a

3.9/5  rDev n/a

Had this on tap last night at the Iron Horse in Westwood. I heard that these was a new brewery and my server recommended this instead of the Trippel that was also offered. The burger I had was great and this went along pretty nicely with it, even though it wasn't quite how I pictured it would taste.

Good pour to this even though it might have taken a little while to get to my table. The head was moderate and the hue was a dark gold with some lightness around the edges. It took me a while to figure it out, but this beer reminded me of Weihenstephaner because of the type of wheat in it. It was bright, tasty, and strong - certainly enough to make up for the slightly thin mouthfeel. There was a bit of pepper and lemon to be enjoyed too with just a slightly sour aftertaste. This went down nice and easy but never felt watered-down or thin.

This would make a great session beer if I could buy it via the bottle. Nevertheless, this had a very German taste and the hint of spice kept it from being too dull or similar to other beers of this style that I've tried. For $5 a pint, I'd have this again the next time I'm in that neck of the woods. This was a solid offering for the season and for a lover of unfiltered beers like me!

3.75/5  rDev n/a

Baron Von Weizen from The Defiant Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.