Tricerahops Double IPA - Ninkasi Brewing Company

Tricerahops Double IPATricerahops Double IPA

Ninkasi Brewing Company visit their website
Oregon, United States

(Beer added by: John_M on 07-30-2007)

I have been a beer fan for 50+ years and this one has blown me away. Exceptional flavor and after taste. I wish the beer was less damaging so I could drink more but two is absolutely all I can handle. The wife works for the distributor so I get a break on cost. I just love this beer

22oz bomber split into tulip

A. Glowing golden Orange with good clarity. 2 finger head in the form of thousands of perfectly round tiny bubbles of carbonation bonded in tight cohesion.

S. Citrus, pine, grapefruit and grassy freshness, a lot of aroma hops have been used in this one.

T. Great dry citrus hops hit first, mild malt subdue slightly, but the hops sure stand on their own and take center stage. 8.8% abv is amazingly hidden in this wonderful earthy and refreshing Dipa.

M. Crisp, clean, but hop munchyness and flavors coat the mouth and leave a remarkably nice flavor on the palate.

O. Awesome DIPA, I can't really find one bad thing to say about it. This would be one of my go to dipa's if it was available in my area.

Of course, my current favourite beer of all time - a double IPA - is only sold in select places 50km from my house, so I can't enjoy it as much as I'd like. Sigh.

Tricerahops is truly a wonder to behold. A glorious ornage/golden cloudy colour, enough hops to make your head spin, but with subtle fruity undertones (but not too fruity) makes this an exception hop-bomb you can enjoy. I first tried this beer on tap at the Great Canadian Beer Festival in Victoria, BC - and ever since, I've loved this beer and nearly anything I've tried from Ninkasi Brewing.

I simply must find a way to get more of this one. At 8.8% ABV and a ridiculous amount of IBUs, you may initially pay a premium for the beer's deliciosity but it's a slow drinker so it will last a while - but it's really easy to down as well, despite its alcohol content, so be forwarned.

I have one sitting in my fridge waiting for a special occasion (Christmas or New Years, at this point) but I am desperately looking for more of this one.

I don't have a problem...I just absolutely adore this beer. This is the first beer I've ever given a 5.0 rating to across the board, and I stand by it 100%.

Tricerahops Double IPA from Ninkasi Brewing Company