Tricerahops Double IPA - Ninkasi Brewing Company

Tricerahops Double IPATricerahops Double IPA

Ninkasi Brewing Company visit their website
Oregon, United States

(Beer added by: John_M on 07-30-2007)

I have been a beer fan for 50+ years and this one has blown me away. Exceptional flavor and after taste. I wish the beer was less damaging so I could drink more but two is absolutely all I can handle. The wife works for the distributor so I get a break on cost. I just love this beer

22oz bomber split into tulip

A. Glowing golden Orange with good clarity. 2 finger head in the form of thousands of perfectly round tiny bubbles of carbonation bonded in tight cohesion.

S. Citrus, pine, grapefruit and grassy freshness, a lot of aroma hops have been used in this one.

T. Great dry citrus hops hit first, mild malt subdue slightly, but the hops sure stand on their own and take center stage. 8.8% abv is amazingly hidden in this wonderful earthy and refreshing Dipa.

M. Crisp, clean, but hop munchyness and flavors coat the mouth and leave a remarkably nice flavor on the palate.

O. Awesome DIPA, I can't really find one bad thing to say about it. This would be one of my go to dipa's if it was available in my area.

Of course, my current favourite beer of all time - a double IPA - is only sold in select places 50km from my house, so I can't enjoy it as much as I'd like. Sigh.

Tricerahops is truly a wonder to behold. A glorious ornage/golden cloudy colour, enough hops to make your head spin, but with subtle fruity undertones (but not too fruity) makes this an exception hop-bomb you can enjoy. I first tried this beer on tap at the Great Canadian Beer Festival in Victoria, BC - and ever since, I've loved this beer and nearly anything I've tried from Ninkasi Brewing.

I simply must find a way to get more of this one. At 8.8% ABV and a ridiculous amount of IBUs, you may initially pay a premium for the beer's deliciosity but it's a slow drinker so it will last a while - but it's really easy to down as well, despite its alcohol content, so be forwarned.

I have one sitting in my fridge waiting for a special occasion (Christmas or New Years, at this point) but I am desperately looking for more of this one.

I don't have a problem...I just absolutely adore this beer. This is the first beer I've ever given a 5.0 rating to across the board, and I stand by it 100%.

4.93/5  rDev +22.3%

I don't even know what to say, this is so good. I can't get this anywhere close to where I am, but my friend Mike brought a bomber back just recently. If I had to design an IPA, this would be exactly as it would be. Pours like they all do, but who cares, it's dark orange inviting, and more yellow that rust and tannic. Head, who cares! Smells yummy piney, floral and citrus hops, really makes me want to shove my head in the glass, good. If I could only 'jam on' my olfactory centers to continually perceive the hops: That good! Taste is clean malt, then citrus rind and more pine, and a hop echo that really can't be beat. This stuff has terrific after effects and outstanding balance. Mouthfeel is really good for a DIPA, and the alcohol lower, which I like, and the carbonation is moderate-low and fine and not overly syrupy in the delivery. If I were stinking wealthy, I'd hire a courier to bring this to my door. I'd have one every day. Astonishing.

4.83/5  rDev +19.9%

Poured from a 22-oz bottle into a chilled mug on 6/30/10.

Coppery-orange & slightly clouded, with a generous, creamy head with staying power, leaving substantial lacing & no doubt it was there.

As soon as the cap was popped, the bouquet jumped out! This is the first beer I can really say smelled "floral". Grapefruit, too, in nice measure. Massive hops, just like you'd expect in a DIPA, with a nice bite. Just like it says on the bottle: "Fiercely flavorful."

Chewy in the mouth, with a decent tingle-factor. Great carbonation. Fairly begs to be paired with something spicy.

All around great beer!