Nuptiale Cream Ale - Ninkasi Brewing Company

Cream Ale |  5.70% ABV

Starting Gravity: 1054
IBUs: 26
ABV: 5.7%

(Beer added by: msubulldog25 on 07-24-2010)
Reviews by N3rdM3t4l:
3.7/5  rDev +1.9%

Bomber from summer 4 pack purchased 7/15/12. no freshness date on bottle.

A: 2 fingers of frothy white head fell to a spotty cap. Apple juice colored and very clear with little bubbles, lots of them. Looks pretty average.

S: Hoppy with a bit of malt shining through. A bit of sweetness. Not getting much special here but it smells good.

T: Light flavor. Strong malt backbone (i love malty beers). A tad bit of sourness almost, in the middle before the hops hits. Not the mighty bitter that Ninkasi is known for but just a bit of alpha acid. A summer beer for sure.

M: Medium mouthfeel, creamy and smooth. Not a lot of carbonation. Goes down easy.

O: Good brew. Light flavor but not watery. Refreshing but not really crisp.

N3rdM3t4l, Jul 17, 2012

rhinonau, Nov 08, 2013

heather625, Feb 19, 2012

Sargully, Dec 02, 2011
2.68/5  rDev -26.2%

Thank you market of choice for stocking this beer. This bottle came with the Ninkasi mixed 4-pack.

A: A very light orange color, nice full body, good fluffy head that leaves a nice lacing around the glass.

S: Nice malt backbone, I could also pick up some banana, cloves, maybe a little cinnamon. couldn't really tell. Not a very bitter aroma.

T: Tasted like a hefeweizen, but it wasn't. The maltiness of this beer really threw it off for me. I was expecting something a little more creamier.

M: Goes down easy. Very crisp. It wasn't the best beer I've ever had, but it did go well with my Turkey sandwich.

O: I love Ninkasi, and I love most of what they make. I wasn't a big fan of this beer, but I would probably drink it again.

bradleyp, Jul 02, 2011
3.3/5  rDev -9.1%

Grabbed a 4-pack... said I wouldn't, but wanted to try a new beer from them... plus I love the Maiden...

- Most average looking brew ever.. pours a clear copper with a fuzzy finger of white head down to a very thin layer left and a small ring.

- Has a rather robust and grainy smell which reminds me of a full sail brew. Light corn, biscuit, raw barley husks.. grassy and herbal aroma, earthy brisk hop.

- Slightly sweet grain, nice biscuit and corn essence. If someone were to make a good clone of full sails pale ale.. this would be it. Slightly bready and earthy. Not bad, but really doesn't hit me as most cream ales would. Perhaps more true to the body..

- Medium bodied, slightly smooth and creamy, bit chewy and cloying.

- Overall this is a very grainy full flavored pale ale which is fantastic. But I have to judge this beer as it's name and style represents. This would be an 'A' grade pale if it were just so.

Docer, Jun 11, 2011

hannaho, Jan 03, 2012
3.33/5  rDev -8.3%

Sometimes a good easy drinking brew deserves a review.... I picked this one up at the COOP today... Pours very clear golden with a short lasting stark white head.

Nose is very grainy... something that I guess is "corn"... lite grassy hop element.

Husky grains.. pale malt and some background biscuit notes... slight hints of DMS, but I am probably imagining things.. overall, this is just very drinkable and appropriate.

Very drinkable and a definite lawnmower beer... Reminds me alot of a slightly sweeter FS Session.

3.5/3.5/3/3/4

JohnGalt1, Jun 26, 2011
3.25/5  rDev -10.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Review from 6/2011 notes. Poured into a Gulden Draak tulip. Pours a nice orange amber. Thin white persistent head, light lacing. Aroma is grain with some adjunct qualities; faint. Pleasant light sweet and caramel malt and grain, medium bodied. Very light hops. Pleasant sweet malt finish. An enjoyable light ale, but not something I would search out. Well made for an obvious attempt to make a superior adjunct style beer

LiquidAmber, Mar 18, 2012

3.75/5  rDev +3.3%

kdown, Dec 07, 2013

WreckingBrew, Sep 29, 2013
3.95/5  rDev +8.8%

Poured somewhat aggressively into my standard pint glass and I get a pretty big two finger head. The head is completely white, with mostly small bubbles, some big ones, I can't tell if the bubbles look creamy or soapy, prolly more on the creamy side though. For sure has a pillowy look to it as well though. The head is giving great lacing all the way throughout the glass. Frankly I'm impressed with how long this head is sticking around, I doubt it will be here forever, but I don't really expect that from any beer, but a nitro beer. Overall it's hanging in here pretty well! The body is just slightly darker than a lager, slightly lighter than a pale ale, nice mix between the two. Somewhat transparent, but it's cold enough in the glass, and slightly dark enough that I can't see too much on the other side. The carbonation looks like it might be a little high, be it's pretty close to perfect. Overall this beer looks really really nice, I'm excited! The smell is a little weird for me, on one hand it smells creamy, smooth and tasty. But on the other hand it has a lemon smell that almost reminds me of the Blue Moon spring seasonal, which was not good at all, it also has a hint of those kind of adjuncts. The more I smell this beer the more I just want to give it a 3, this beer BARELY is making a 3.5 on smell. Not too impressed with the smell overall. Not a bad taste though on this beer. First you get that lemon taste that I was talking about, but after a few sips it just blends right in with the rest of the flavors. Then there is a nice NICE creamy taste to this beer, maybe a tiny hop bite, and a noticeable but not at all overpowering malt note. The balance on this beer is done very well, I'm really impressed with the malts, just the right amount, not too much, but not too little. Perhaps some hidden flavors in here as well, maybe vanilla, vanilla and cream do go together well, so I wouldn't be surprised. It's not the most amazing beer of all time, but it's really good, and it's somewhat unique, I haven't had too many cream ales, but from what I can remember, this is a little different from the rest. The taste is really growing on me, it just keeps getting tastier. I don't think it's going to get much higher than a 4, just because it does have a tiny tiny tiny cheap beer taste, but I wont count the possibility out! Overall a really nice taste. The mouthfeel is perfect for a cream ale, perfect carbonation, perfect girth on the body, excellent. Drinkability is phenomenal, it goes down super easy, it's light, creamy, refreshing, and best of all tasty! Overall I really good beer, I didn't think it would be this good when I smelled it, but it really came through!

MaltsOfGlory, Jun 13, 2011
3.83/5  rDev +5.5%

22oz bottle into pint glass.

Pours a clear golden yellow, with a bubbly white head and lots of rising carbonation.

Sweet, grainy, bready malts. Very faint lemon zest from the hops.

The taste follows the nose, with sweet grainy notes followed by some light notes of bread and hops.

The mouthfeel is medium bodied, with a fairly crisp finish.

Nothing too complex or memorable, just a light, easy drinking beer.

vkv822, Jul 09, 2011

KevMo84, Sep 10, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +3.3%

Part of the mixed summer 4 pack.

Pours a light gold color with a decent white head. A little bit hazy.

Aromas are doughy, floral, and sugary. Smells pretty nice.

Taste is creamy, (imagine that!), doughy, and mildly sweet. There is a general floral flavor and crisp dryness that sits in the background. Finish is crisp, with some light spicy hop flavors.

Mouthfeel is good, full, with nice body.

Overall, a good beer. Fits the style pretty well, would be quite nice on nitro. Solid summer beer, quite thirst quenching.

flexabull, Jul 04, 2011
4.25/5  rDev +17.1%

RHVC59, Jun 10, 2014

DerwinWentworth, Jul 11, 2013
2.93/5  rDev -19.3%

22oz bottle poured into a Pint glass.

A - Pours a pale, orange-hay yellow color with a two finger white head.

S - Wheat, and ceral-like.

T - Wheat, and grainy. Not sure on what it is.

D - Lots of carbonation here, but there is a wierd bitter bite, and it doesn't seem to fit.

O - An odd flavor is enough for me to pass on this one next time.

HuskyinPDX, Jul 06, 2011