Follow our progress ...

Added by shamrock071521 on 11-19-2013

Reviews: 21 | Ratings: 94
Reviews by SportsandJorts:
4.15/5  rDev +11%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Appearance: deep burnt orange color. fairly hazy and opaque. off white head of about a finger that fades slowly and leaves a lacing on the sides with a little on the top as well

Smell: slight pine along with citrus hops. some malty sweetness

Taste: opens up with citrus, pine and resin hop flavors. malty backbone arises with pale, bready and slightly sweet malts.

Mouthfeel: medium body. sticky resiny hops. and a bit of lingering bitterness.

Overall: I had this one on tap at the brewery about a year ago before i was too into DIPA's and enjoyed it the. reminds me a bit of a double Buzzsaw. Another great IPA from the Arbor Brewing line-up. They just be my favorite IPA brewery, if you ignore sacred cow.

3.5/5  rDev -6.4%

3.86/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.16/5  rDev +11.2%

A solid double IPA worth a drink

3.83/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Bottle into tulip

Appearance - Copper, orange, slight amber, 1 finger white head.

Smell - Orange and pineapple, malt, not a lot of alcohol.

Taste - Pineapple, orange, tangerine, some oily resin at first, moves on to character from the malt backing, roasty, biscuity, and then finally I get some more resin, pine, bitter flavors and then it settles.

Mouthfeel - Medium body, medium carbonation, refreshing

Overall - Good beer. Definitely not dissipointed and having said that this is also not one that will be breaking into the favorite category. Enjoyable, might buy again next year.

3.45/5  rDev -7.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.73/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

You would think that Raul would only be into California beach bunnies, but let me tell you: no way, no how! The main man loves all the girlies from all the regions of the world. And that's where Mr. Delicious comes in; this isn't a SoCal, West Coast IPA that Raul is used to. Uh huh. No way! This thang is dark and almost copper in color. It's a bit syrupy, a bit creamy, and a bit good!

Yeah buddy! Not the best, but Raul likes it quite well.

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.25/5  rDev +13.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.85/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.84/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I picked up a bottle of Arbor Brewing Company's Mr. Delicious Double IPA a few days ago for $2.79 at The Lager Mill. I think Arbor is pretty solid, but I don't think I've had a double IPA from them and i'm interested to see what they can do with this style, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date, but it just showed up so it's fairly fresh. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into a snifter.

A- The label isn't the greatest, it looks pretty cheesy, but I think that's why they were going for. It poured a cloudy dark orange color that took on more of a darker golden orange color with two and a half fingers worth of off white head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left some nice patchy rings of lacing behind. This is a very nice looking DIPA, i have no complaints.

S- The aroma starts off with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness followed by loads of hops that impart a grassy, spicy, and slightly floral hop aroma with citrus and tropical fruit aromas seeming to stick out the most and they make for a pretty nice hop profile that's a little complex. Up next comes a grainy, slightly bready and caramel malt like aroma that are on the lighter side and are overpowered by the hops. This beer had a pretty good aroma, it was heavy on the fruity hops and I thought that worked well in this beer.

T- The taste seems to be fairly similar to the aroma and it starts off with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness that borders on being highly sweet and it was followed by loads of hops being the first to show up and they impart all those aspects that I got in the aroma with the fruity hop aromas still sticking out the most, but not as much as they did in the aroma since the hops profile seem to be a little more balanced in the taste. Up next comes the malts which impart a sweet malt, slightly grainy, slightly bready, and caramel malt like flavors, On the finish there's a lower amount of high bitterness with a fruity hop aftertaste. This was a pretty nice tasting DIPA, but I wish the fruity hops stuck out as much as they did in the aroma.

M- Fairly smooth, the bitterness doesn't linger, oily, pretty sticky, on the full side of being medium bodied and it's on the border of being full bodied with a medium amount of carbonation. This beer had a pretty good mouthfeel, but it was a little too sticky.'

Overall I thought this was a pretty nice beer and a good example of a DIPA, it had most of the things that I look for in the style and it satisfied my craving for a hoppy DIPA. This beer had ok drinkability, it was smooth, clean, the alcohol was hidden well, it was a little filling, but the taste did a nice job at holding my attention, I think I could drink two of these in a row, but it might start to wear on me after that, so I think two would be my limit. What I liked the most about this beer was the aroma and appearance, I thought they were both pretty good and they worked well with this beer. What I liked the least about this beer was the sticky mouthfeel, it was a little sticker than I would like a DIPA to be. I might buy this beer again, it's not the kind of DIPA that I have to rush to the store and buy more of but i wouldn't mind drinking it if none of my favorite DIPA's were around. I would recommend this to any DIPA fan. All in all I thought this was a pretty solid DIPA, It's not my favorite DIPA, but there really ins't anything wrong with it. Good job guys, I enjoyed this one, keep up the good work.

3.5/5  rDev -6.4%