Arbor Brasserie Blonde Belgian - Arbor Brewing Company

Arbor Brasserie Blonde BelgianArbor Brasserie Blonde Belgian

Arbor Brewing Company visit their website

Herbed / Spiced Beer |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: oberon on 09-09-2007)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

4.25/5  rDev +25.4%

3.23/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

A - Pours a orange / amber with a decent whip of head that disappears for good in minutes.
S - Banana peels, fruity, nutmeg, wheat, bread dough.
T - Strong on the wheat bread, dough flavor, banana, coriander, spiced tea. Low to medium body - easily drinkable.

O - Meh - his one falls flat for me. Easy to drink, but it doesn't really come together enough for me to want to drink any more.

4.2/5  rDev +23.9%

Surprised to see all of the negative reviews of this beer. I usually get this when I head over to Corner Brewery in Ypsi. A good, mild beer, not a lot of punch and it goes down smoothly. I must admit that I have not had a lot of Belgian Pales, usually sticking to India or American, but this is a good local beer. Would I compare it to the giants of the industry, no. But a damn good local beer.

3.73/5  rDev +10%

Had on tap at Grill One Eleven.

Appearance was a very nice golden color with a white head. A little cloudier than I would expect but no to its downfall.

Smell was way more than I was expecting. Seemed almost like a wheaty smell with some earthy tones and some hoppy tones.

Taste was nice. It seems like some of the wheat character transfered to the taste and it was definitely a lot more hoppy than I was expecting.

Mouthfeel was way bigger than I would expect from a blonde especially with a lower abv.

2.13/5  rDev -37.2%

I picked up a six pack of this last week at Meijers for $8.99. I was looking for a good beer on the lighter side and I have not had this one so I figured I would give it a shot. No dating on the bottle. Poured from a 12oz brown bottle into a pint glass.

A- Good looking label on this beer, the bright yellow color and the pin up girl help it stick out, I also like the matching colored cap. It poured a nice burnt orange color with a rather disappointing, thin, one fingers worth of white head that died down to nothing, not too impressive.

S- Not much going on. I get some sweet malts, some yeasty bread, and a slight amount of citrus.

T- Pretty plain. I pick up a good amount of malty sweetness just like the aroma. Just like the aroma it is also pretty bready. I don't pick up any hops. It tastes watered down. I also pick up a very off plastic like taste that I have only picked up in an old bottle of Atwater Dunkle, so this bottle may be out of date but with no way to confirm that since the brewery did not date this bottle, I will still review it.

M- Light bodied, some how this beer had a super fizzy mouthfeel but had a very poor head, I don't know whats going on with the carbonation.

D- Because this beer is light and plain it goes down pretty easily, but with the lack of flavors and some off flavors I wouldn't drink more then one.

Overall I was not impressed with this beer. There was nothing about this beer that impressed me and the fact that the brewery calls this a Belgian made it worse, this is pretty far away from a traditional Belgian Pale Ale. I will not be buying this beer again.

4.47/5  rDev +31.9%

Burnt orange appearance kind-of cloudy/milky a very sticky filmy head with a nice lace.
Smell has some hops and sweetness that come through but there is not a ton that really sticks out....
The taste though is fantastic, it is simple, crisp, fresh and smooth the hops are a well balanced flavor that adds to it the hops are bitter but there is a citrus sweetness and bread like fullness that really balance it will...
The feel is really on point with what I would expect based on the flavor, it is light and crisp not to thick and not to thin the carbonation though was a little much which made it slightly more filling than I would like it to be.

Over all it was a delicious beer to go with my buffalo chicken sandy, it cooled the heat nicely and is a beer that I could see my self taking out for a hot day of fishing.

3.78/5  rDev +11.5%

Reviewed from notes.

Pours an apricot orange with an off white head and decent lacing. Smells brings forward a bit of hops, some citrus, and generic sweetness. Fairly mild, but not bad at all. Taste is a bit too sweet. Feel is a bit thicker than I would normally expect but it works with the flavors. Drinks fairly well and was a nice starter.

2.8/5  rDev -17.4%

I had this as part of a sampler. This beer slightly beat our the mild as the worst beer in a nine beer sampler. It is a super sweet pale ale, weirdy candy sugar throughtout, no hops, very light feel, not easy to drink. This is basically a train wreck, nothing at all belgian pale ale about it.

3.55/5  rDev +4.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

A: Pours a nice orange hue with an above average off white head. Little retention and no lace.

S: Aromas of caramel, butterscotch, and fresh sweet rolls.

T: Malty sweetness much like the aroma. Caramel and bready for sure. Light sweet fruits. No real hop presence at all.

M: On the lighter side of medium in body, smooth, ample carbonation.

D: Not bad. Simple and drinkable. I think they probably hit what they were going after with this one.

3.45/5  rDev +1.8%

Gets a nice head when poured down the middle of the glass, some retention. Nice yeast ring in the bottom of the bottle. Not really a blonde in color, more like light ruddy amber. Typical unfiltered cloudiness, especially after adding a swirl of beer with the yeast left in the bottle. Yeasty nose with hops evident. Good flavor, a little caramel with flowery notes and a slight sweetness mixed with the yeast/hop aftertaste. Would make a nice accompaniment to popcorn, cracker jacks and a girl movie.

3.43/5  rDev +1.2%

A: Very dark orange, but it was also dark in the bar at the time.

S: Citrus smell, with a little bit of honey almost.

T: Not a strong taste, its not water as stated bellow, but its not strong by any means

M: Nothing really to it. Nothing stuck out to much

D: since there is no strong tastes to it, it would go pretty good with anything, and goes down easy... not strong in ABV.

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »