Arbor Brasserie Blonde Belgian - Arbor Brewing Company

Arbor Brasserie Blonde BelgianArbor Brasserie Blonde Belgian

Arbor Brewing Company visit their website

Herbed / Spiced Beer |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: oberon on 09-09-2007)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Reviews by Shibbykaiyai:
4.2/5  rDev +23.9%

Surprised to see all of the negative reviews of this beer. I usually get this when I head over to Corner Brewery in Ypsi. A good, mild beer, not a lot of punch and it goes down smoothly. I must admit that I have not had a lot of Belgian Pales, usually sticking to India or American, but this is a good local beer. Would I compare it to the giants of the industry, no. But a damn good local beer.

3.63/5  rDev +7.1%

Poured from the tap into a standard pint glass a deep burnt orange with a well defined 1/2 finger head,aromas a bit medicinal and leafy with some tropical fruit mixed in as well.Flavors are slightly spicey and phenolic with some citrus tones some herbal hop in the finish.Pretty basic Belgian table beer somewhat like the Brooklyn Antwerpan ale,not bad pretty basic.

3.2/5  rDev -5.6%

On tap at Ashley's. hazy grapefruit colour with some white head and some white lace. Yeasty funky, fruity in taste. Sourish wheat yet malted down, corriander, some citrus peels. So its what it advertised, just not well integrated. Average mouthfeel.

2.53/5  rDev -25.4%

On-tap at the brewpub, served in an imperial pint glass.

Appears an amber-red, not so blond, with a short off-white head that quickly disappears. The flavor is a bit odd, this beer is very fruity, but tasted like Fruit Loops with a bit of clove. The mouthfeel is flat and dry. Frankly this beer isn't much fun to drink. Move along.

Originally reviewed August 17 2007. On tap at the brewpub. Aroma a skanky clouded spice mangle, with frothy soap and tangy barn. It doesn’t really have a sense of infection, just bad ingredients, bad spicing and bad brewing. Pours a deep amber (blond?) with no carb and no head. Flavor is a scary acidic body, with flagrant cold cool weird malt. Heavily goaty, barnyardy, and curdled spice. Why am I rating this so high? It can’t possibly even be in the style realm. So maybe it is infected. Whatever it’s terrible as it carries a reeking aftertaste of clammy fire and old dill spice. Unique in many horrible ways.

3.43/5  rDev +1.2%

A: Very dark orange, but it was also dark in the bar at the time.

S: Citrus smell, with a little bit of honey almost.

T: Not a strong taste, its not water as stated bellow, but its not strong by any means

M: Nothing really to it. Nothing stuck out to much

D: since there is no strong tastes to it, it would go pretty good with anything, and goes down easy... not strong in ABV.

2.13/5  rDev -37.2%

I picked up a six pack of this last week at Meijers for $8.99. I was looking for a good beer on the lighter side and I have not had this one so I figured I would give it a shot. No dating on the bottle. Poured from a 12oz brown bottle into a pint glass.

A- Good looking label on this beer, the bright yellow color and the pin up girl help it stick out, I also like the matching colored cap. It poured a nice burnt orange color with a rather disappointing, thin, one fingers worth of white head that died down to nothing, not too impressive.

S- Not much going on. I get some sweet malts, some yeasty bread, and a slight amount of citrus.

T- Pretty plain. I pick up a good amount of malty sweetness just like the aroma. Just like the aroma it is also pretty bready. I don't pick up any hops. It tastes watered down. I also pick up a very off plastic like taste that I have only picked up in an old bottle of Atwater Dunkle, so this bottle may be out of date but with no way to confirm that since the brewery did not date this bottle, I will still review it.

M- Light bodied, some how this beer had a super fizzy mouthfeel but had a very poor head, I don't know whats going on with the carbonation.

D- Because this beer is light and plain it goes down pretty easily, but with the lack of flavors and some off flavors I wouldn't drink more then one.

Overall I was not impressed with this beer. There was nothing about this beer that impressed me and the fact that the brewery calls this a Belgian made it worse, this is pretty far away from a traditional Belgian Pale Ale. I will not be buying this beer again.

4.25/5  rDev +25.4%

3.33/5  rDev -1.8%

Poured out of a 12oz bottle into a pint glass.

A--golden body, cloudy, whisp of a white head

S--toffee, caramel smell

T--very sweet and fizzy, the bite here isn't hop like its more apple like acid

M--fizzy and light

D--overall nothing to shout about but a decent beer nonetheless.

3.78/5  rDev +11.5%

Reviewed from notes.

Pours an apricot orange with an off white head and decent lacing. Smells brings forward a bit of hops, some citrus, and generic sweetness. Fairly mild, but not bad at all. Taste is a bit too sweet. Feel is a bit thicker than I would normally expect but it works with the flavors. Drinks fairly well and was a nice starter.

3.75/5  rDev +10.6%

1.58/5  rDev -53.4%

A: Very little head which lasted next to no time. Very pale coloring, almost as light as Michelob Ultra.

S: Not much smell, just a hint of citrus and pine.

T: What taste, it was like water.

M: Next to no presence in the mouth. Even my wife, who is a lite beer fan, commented that there was nothing to this beer (not a compliment).

D: They go down quick, as there is no substance to them. I wouldn't recommend drinking a lot of them as they are not worth the price you pay for them. Really, you could get a better beer for half the price.

3.73/5  rDev +10%

Had on tap at Grill One Eleven.

Appearance was a very nice golden color with a white head. A little cloudier than I would expect but no to its downfall.

Smell was way more than I was expecting. Seemed almost like a wheaty smell with some earthy tones and some hoppy tones.

Taste was nice. It seems like some of the wheat character transfered to the taste and it was definitely a lot more hoppy than I was expecting.

Mouthfeel was way bigger than I would expect from a blonde especially with a lower abv.

2.78/5  rDev -18%

I was pretty disappointed in this one, as it wasn't anything like bottle promised. I was hoping for a crisp, fizzy, slightly fruity brew I could enjoy around the barbecue. Not quite what I got.

A - Murky orangish brown, with lots of stuff floating around.

S - Smelled like old fruit. My first sign that this wasn't what I was expecting.

T - Thankfully much better than the smell. Mashed fruits and caramel. Strawberry comes to mind.

F - Thick and syrupy, the opposite of what I expected. It just felt flat, leaving a heavy aftertaste.

D - Now that I know what I'm getting, it's not too bad, but I'll only have one at a time, then it's on to something else.

3.45/5  rDev +1.8%

Gets a nice head when poured down the middle of the glass, some retention. Nice yeast ring in the bottom of the bottle. Not really a blonde in color, more like light ruddy amber. Typical unfiltered cloudiness, especially after adding a swirl of beer with the yeast left in the bottle. Yeasty nose with hops evident. Good flavor, a little caramel with flowery notes and a slight sweetness mixed with the yeast/hop aftertaste. Would make a nice accompaniment to popcorn, cracker jacks and a girl movie.

2.9/5  rDev -14.5%

Poured a medium yellow in color with a medium head which dispersed quickly.

Smelled nothing out of the ordinary.

Its taste followed the smell and was a pretty ordinary blonde.

This beer was average all around. It was quite drinkable, but taste-wise it doesn't quite take you to flavor-country.

3.75/5  rDev +10.6%