1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Arbor Brewing Strawberry Blonde - Arbor Brewing Company

Arbor Brewing Strawberry BlondeArbor Brewing Strawberry Blonde

good

good

Arbor Brewing Company visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  7.75% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: jeremyd365 on 09-15-2009)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Arbor Brewing Strawberry Blonde Alström Bros
3.84/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.5/5  rDev -2.2%

A good dose of strawberry on the nose, light malt.
Hazy amber with a tint of brownish red reminiscent of the color of other strawberry flavored beverages I have had. 1" bone white foam cap.
Palate: strawberry and bread to biscuit with a nice balance between the two, a touch of pepper on the end, some Belgian yeast - peach or apricot - flavors behind the strawberry.
Medium to full body. Medium to even medium low carbonation

3.75/5  rDev +4.7%

This is the worst smelling beer I have ever had. I had my door open after a long rain, with an exhaust fan pulling the cool night air into the house, so I assumed the horrid smell finding its way to my nose came from the wet grasslands and perhaps the neighbor dog outside...nope. It was the beer. I have never had the experience of smelling wet dog from a beer, Ive known skunk, this was simply wet dog/wet gym sock. Fail. Age listing was 3 months old, normal for this high of ABV. It has made me want to vomit it is so bad. Taste before I quaffed? 7/10; after? 1/10. Huge disappointment as I am from MI. I will be calling you in the morning. This was the worst ever beer I have EVER drank. I just hope I got a rank batch. This was 2 beers in, and I am feeling sick. .

3.28/5  rDev -8.4%

4.25/5  rDev +18.7%

Poured without much head but a nice looking copper color. The smell all strawberry and sweet. The taste was tart and lots of strawberry a bit dry and and finish that is dry. A fresh and a bit raw taste that is really enjoyable.

2.75/5  rDev -23.2%

3.25/5  rDev -9.2%

4.33/5  rDev +20.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Big fan of fruit brews and this one is right up my alley. A beautiful light ale with the smell and taste of strawberry. Easily quaffed, and a great cap to a hot summer day. Bottled poured into Tulip glass for this session. Close enough to A2 to make the drive someday to the brewery, putting this one on the list to try on the tap.

4.25/5  rDev +18.7%