Arbor Brewing Buzzsaw Ale - Arbor Brewing Company

Arbor Brewing Buzzsaw AleArbor Brewing Buzzsaw Ale

Arbor Brewing Company visit their website

(Beer added by: GRPunk on 09-23-2012)
3.24/5  rDev -15%

3.5/5  rDev -8.1%

3.8/5  rDev -0.3%

3.88/5  rDev +1.8%

3.5/5  rDev -8.1%

3.75/5  rDev -1.6%

I picked this up on a trip to Michigan. I'm living in Ohio, and sought to pick up and bring back some craft beers I could not purchase back in Ohio. This is one of the ones I picked up. I love IPAs, so thought I had to give this a go.

A - This pours as a very nice golden color, slightly hazy.
It laces the glass some as you drink it, retained a small amount of head throughout.
It was a nice looking IPA. In my opinion, Looks really good.

S - Has a smidgen of sweet pine and a citrus smell of sorts to it.
It's leaning towards the more tropical citrus side, but I think not fully....
Followed by a bready malt.

T - I would say a bit of piney hops, but mostly overtaken by a more sweet yet tart citrsus-y hop flavor. If that makes sense.. Maybe a bit grapefruit, but aftertaste really left a orange and/or lemon taste, to me. I lean towards the lemon. Bit of a biscuity or cereal malt taste, also. I find this easy to drink, pretty tasty. It is more west coast style, and maybe even leans towards a DIPA/Imperial IPA with the sweetness in the taste overall even. Just a lighter feel, thus still in normal IPA territory. The sweetness is probably coming from the malt. Maybe alcohol a bit, even?

M - I would say it has a medium body. It does not feel like a light beer, it has body and flavor. It's not an overly heavy one either, being an IPA. But it has substance to it. Coupled with the taste, it's pretty solid. I would probably say the carbonation is about medium feel, as well.

O - Not the BEST I have had that leans towards or IS west coast style IPA, BUT it is pretty damn good. I did rather enjoy this and it was easy to drink! I liked it better than their Sacred Cow IPA...Next in line I have their Mr. Delicious, I will have to see which one stands out the most. But I did find this to be very enjoyable, I would definitely drink again and was happy with my purchase. I thought it to be a good beer, did not feel disappointed. It's worth trying.

3.92/5  rDev +2.9%