2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Nutella Belgian Hazelnut Dubbel - Lazy Boy Brewing

Nutella Belgian Hazelnut Dubbel
No picture uploaded.

1 Rating

pDev: 0%

Lazy Boy Brewing visit their website
Washington, United States

Dubbel |  7.80% ABV

(Beer added by: flagmantho on 02-03-2013)
Ratings: 1 | Reviews: 1
Reviews by flagmantho:
flagmantho

Washington

3.98/5  rDev 0%

I had this beer on-tap at WABL Belgianfest 2013 in a snifter taster glass.

Appearance: extremely dark, dark brown hue with a little bit of ruby light let through. There's a tiny bit of haze to the body, and the head is a thin layer of white foam. I like the depth of color here.

Smell: extremely hazelnutty smelling. If you like hazelnuts, you will like this beer. I do tend to like hazelnuts in beer, so this is really working for me. There's not a lot of otherwise dubbel-like character here, but I still quite like it.

Taste: hazelnut, a little bit of chocolate, and thankfully, this beer lacks the bready, biscuity character that so often shows up in dubbels. The beer is a little bit on the sweet side, though, and it lacks a traditional dubbel character. But, as in the aroma, the hazelnut really works for me.

Mouthfeel: medium-light body with a decent carbonation and a decent creaminess. It's not quite the blast of texture I usually like to find in a dubbel, but it's not too bad.

Overall: this beer was quite satisfying for me. It's definitely sweet, so drinking a session of this would not really be doable for me, but a small glass of it really hit the spot for me -- a nice digestif, perhaps.

02-03-2013 20:33:07 | More by flagmantho
Nutella Belgian Hazelnut Dubbel from Lazy Boy Brewing
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.