BK (Saico Wine Barrel Aged) - Birrificio L'Olmaia

BK (Saico Wine Barrel Aged)
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
Birrificio L'Olmaia visit their website

English Stout |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: thagr81us on 12-31-2012

3.5/5  rDev n/a

Shared this one during one of our random Sunday tastings! Served from bottle into Sweetwater 15th Anniversary snifter. Poured a massively dark brown with a minimal light tan head. Maintained excellent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, earth, funk, wood, and acetic acid. The flavor was of sweet malt, earth, funk, and wood. It had a light feel on the palate with high carbonation. Overall this was a decent brew. Upon first inspection of the nose I was expecting this one to be a sour. However, the flavor was completely different with a nice funky earthiness going on. I really didn’t know what to make of this one if I am completely honest. What I found wasn’t bad by any means, but was definitely interesting. Worth your time for the curious, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to do so. Tick.

BK (Saico Wine Barrel Aged) from Birrificio L'Olmaia
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.