Stone Go To IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Go To IPAStone Go To IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: dwagner003 on 02-03-2014

It's no secret we helped create and popularize West Coast style IPAs (since 1997), Double IPAs (since 2000) & Triple IPAs (since 2006). In fact, IPAs of every ilk imaginable are our bread and (hop) butter at Stone Brewing Co., but we'll be the first to admit that a night of subsisting solely on big IPAs can be a short one. Enter Stone Go To IPA, our session IPA, boasting all the gloriously bitter, citrusy, piney flavor of our bigger / industrial-strength IPAs, but with a significantly lower alcohol-by-volume (4.5%) allowing IPA fans like us to enjoy more of this amazingly, hoppy beer over a longer session, without giving up any of that gloriously crave-able botanically-driven dankness. Well, OK, when you compare to our bigger IPAs you find that you give up some, as that's what happens when you dramatically lower the abv. And while we work hard to bend the time/space/abv intensity continuum, we've admittedly not yet learned to break it. This comes damn close though.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Go To IPA Alström Bros

4.47/5  rDev +12.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

From now on, maybe forever, Stone GoTo IPA will be my drink of summer.
Rather than follow th pack of IPA brews attempting to get a noticed with high alcohol content, GoTo is here to be judged on flavor, smoothness, and refreshment. Yes, it can be nice to sit in your winter cave with a rich, heavy, fortified IPA , but summer requires hydration with many beers and a lighter product..

I had my first Stone GoTo IPA freshly served to my table at their Liberty Station brewpub. So, so good...

3.25/5  rDev -17.9%

4.25/5  rDev +7.3%

3.74/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours a hazed pineapple hue with a two finger head and clingy lacing,the smell is just like tropical punch with strong pineapple and citrus along with some sherbet very vibrant smelling,the feel is light to medium bodied with soft carbonation and has tastes of pineapple,tangerine,mangoes and finished with a lemon sherbet bitterness and overall would be great to session on in the summer and definately worth a bottle or two cheers.

4.25/5  rDev +7.3%

4.42/5  rDev +11.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

3.74/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

A - go to pours to reveal a transparent golden body with a mid size head

M - the feel for this one is light, smooth, and easy to drink

N- I got grapefruit and hoppy citrus notes from this nose all day

T - followed suit with the nose. Grapefruit up front. Malt was very subtle, almost undetectable and I know some people didn't appreciate that but I was not turned off by it, burst hopping was alright with me.

O - this was my first stone IPA. Had their RIS first and loved it. I think go to is a great session brew for hot summer days - BBQs, outdoor parties and the like. I'd "go to" this one again.

Stone Go To IPA from Stone Brewing Co.