Sawyer's Triple - Stone Brewing Co.

Sawyer's TripleSawyer's Triple

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Tripel |  7.60% ABV

Beer added by: xlperro on 10-04-2003

4.63/5  rDev +15.5%

I drove from my house in Mission Viejo down to Stone in San Marcos today to buy beer. And I've never been so depressed buying a beer. You can all look at Stone's website and read for yourself about the tragedy involving Sawyer Sherwood and his loss in his battle against ALD. Since all the proceeds from the sale of Stone Sawyer are going to be used in helping fight ALD, hopefully the money being raised will save some other child from this horrible fate.
As far as the beer, it pours a beautiful clear golden color with a quickly diminishing white head. The effervesence is continual. I poured this into a Chimay goblet and it looks great sitting there.
The aroma is wonderfully spicey with yeastiness to it. There's a sweet aspect to the nose. too.
The flavor is slightly sweet on the tongue. You can put this up against any comparable Belgian Trippel and Stone would win in many people's views.
The texture and mouthfeel are great. It has a medium feel and it is so easy to drink.
It's another world class beer from Stone. It's ashame that the circumstances are so tragic.

4.97/5  rDev +23.9%

Just had this at the Stone Anniversary Ale tasting event at Sun Devil Liquors. Stone's brewmaster, Steve Wagner, bought a case himself and brought it for the tasting. Thanks a lot, Steve. We Stone fans in Arizona really appreciate it, and I'm sure the Sherwood family does too. We all send our heartfelt condolences to the family of Sawyer Sherwood, who this beer was brewed for, and who we learned passed away this past Tuesday.

This was a cloudy orange brew with a good-sized white head. Very well presented. Aroma of coconut and fruity esters with spicy Belgian yeast. As for the flavor, the first thing I noticed was the peppery character, from what seemed to be the alligator pepper that was used in brewing the 03.03.03 Vertical Epic, which I loved in that beer, and which I now like even better in this beer. The sweet malt and spicy yeasty flavors really come through after that. They blend quite well and balance perfectly with the hops. To me, that makes the best tripel. A wonderful beer brewed for a wonderful cause. I only wish I could have contributed myself and bought bottles of this at the brewery.

Sawyer's Triple from Stone Brewing Co.