Follow our progress ...

Sawyer's Triple | Stone Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |

Sawyer's TripleSawyer's Triple

Stone Brewing Co.
California, United States | website

Style: Tripel

Added by xlperro on 10-04-2003

Reviews: 112 | Ratings: 139
4.02/5  rDev +0.2%

A: More of an orange, copper color than others of this style. Fair head retention, transparent body. I'm interested.

S: Yeast, citrus, also see the Chiclet type gum smell. Hints of coriander, ginger. Hard for me to stop smelling this and actually write something because it smells really good.

T: Something is going on here where I feel like I am being brought fast up some flavor roller coaster, and then as I'm about to make the 200ft drop, the ride breaks. Not that the taste of this one is bad, far from it, I just feel like it is stealing it away from me. This is probably just me. That said, the upfront citrus and lingering yeast taste is really nice, very smooth, spices complement well.

M: Good body, light on the palate, large citrus profile, one of those where you let out a big sigh after a sip. Perfect after a long Sunday at work (I know).

D: The difference here is drinkability. Would easily drink this all day, would love it in one of those Adirondack chairs out in the Stone gardens on a good sunny, fall San Diego day.

Fairly different than other Tripels, glad this one was brought back. And to justify drinking this beer as charity, can't be beat.

4.47/5  rDev +11.5%

Looking back on my rating notes from a while back: A friend and I split a case of this to help the cause. Truly sad circumstances that made this beer come about. Excellent spice and fruit scent. Tastes of banana, apple, citrus, alcohol, hops and something else which I can't put my finger on. When Stone does a Belgian, they do a great job.

Sawyer's Triple from Stone Brewing Co.