Stone 10th Anniversary IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone 10th Anniversary IPAStone 10th Anniversary IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

(Beer added by: Todd on 08-19-2006)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone 10th Anniversary IPA Alström Bros
« first ‹ prev | 401-425 | 426-450 | 451-475  | next › last »

This is my first rating of a 5

A: Deep amber. Darker than I would usually think for an American Double IPA. A wonderful cross between honey and molasses.

S: APRICOTS and PEACHES and lots of them. There is as much fruit here as there is pine and citrus in Dreadnaught. The smell is fantastic and really hits the nose strong

T: Nice big double IPA flavor. The fruit in the hops makes way for some sweetness from the malt. Finishes with a mild alcoholic burn, but you would be hard pressed to think it's 10% abv -- it's just THAT balanced

M: Smooth as silk. Nice oily coating that stays on the roof of the mouth and the tongue

D: Absolutely amazing IMO. I would put this right up there with Dreadnaught, although maybe just SLIGHTLY not as good. Hard to say. Delicious!

mdnowak, Sep 11, 2006

Where to start with this one. I originally had this for the first time at the Stone's 10th Anni. and it was on cask and double dry hopped and it was terrific. Yesterday I opened my first bottle and needless to say I was impressed. The appearance was a amber orange color with a thick slighty yellow head. The head lasted the whole beer and the was a better than average amount of lacing. The smell was great, one of the most aromatic beers I've had. There was a strong scent of hops, with a nice floral scent. Then there was a nice part of citrus and maybe even a slight scent of pine, also there was a very slight sweetish smell as well.

The taste was amazing, a big dose of hops right of the bat and all the way through. The were hints of citrus, and a nice sweetness that may have come from some carmel??? The after taste was great, with a big hop flavor. The mouthfeel was really good as well, CO2 was perfect and the thickness was great. Also there was not a huge notice of alcohol considering that it is over 10 percent.

All in all my favorite beer to date. The only flaw is the availabilty. This beer at the minimum should be a yearly offering and in my opinon should be offered year round. I would tell you to get some and try, but you will be lucky if you find any.

BradBLR, Oct 02, 2006

Received in trade today from a hometown brother BA. Thanks Nate. It's my 15th Anniversary today and I'm happy to share it with Stone's 10th.

A- Beautiful copper color in my Duvel tulip. What little head there was doesn't last long. At 10% ABV, I'm not surprised.

S- WOW! The pine jumped out of the bottle and slapped me. My 13 year old son claimed the cap before I opened it. Upon tossing it to him, he said: "Wow Dad, it smells alot like pine" 'nuff said.

T- Far and away the best (and most anticipated) part of this beer. A full bore hops assault, followed by a melange of spices, then a blast of alcohol. I say a blast, but the transition is so smooth, you hardly notice it. This is everything I look for in a DIPA, and then some.

M- Superb. Spreads across the tongue and then dances around every nook and cranny.

D- I may be the exception, but one reason I drink DIPA's like this one is for their strength. I'm a fairly big guy, so I could handle a couple. Beyond that, I'd have to go to water, with a fond memory of just how great this beer is.

All in all, I have a new favorite. This is my first "5". To me, this beer blends the characteristic's of my three personal top DIPA/IIPA's: Unearthly, Dreadnaught and Maharaja into one tasty package. I copped a case in trade....now I need to find a few more.

OUTSTANDING - get you some

dhchatfield, Sep 07, 2006

TasteTester, Dec 17, 2011

Jstark5150, Nov 19, 2011

nmann08, Nov 24, 2011

This beer was served in a Imperial Pint Glass. I approaced this beer with a mixture of anticipation and dread. I feared after drinking the 9th Anniversary Stones had lost their way. This company made its way with ballsy hoppy beers. I am glad to see the 10th Anniversary IPA indeed has a pair of Stones. Thanks Stones for a great beer! The sad thing is its a one time offering. I am tempted to try and cellar some; however, I think cellaring would destroy the lovely character of this beer.

Appearance: The beer pours a coppery orange coloration. The beer has a thick two+ finger biege head. The head has near perfect staying power. Thick rings of lacing remain behind on my glass.

Smell: The beers aroma is a fantastic combination of resinous pine needles, citrus zest, oranges, tangerines, lemons, grapefruit, pineapple sweetness, grassy floral hops. This is a hop lovers delight.

Taste: The beer delivers the taste of the smell. This is a great blend of the above flavors paired well with some sweet caramel maltyness. The alcohol gives the beer complementing spicyness.

Mouthfeel/ Drinkability: The beer has a medium plus body. The beer has a fantastic combination of crisp hoppyness and sticky resinous hops. The taste really seems to last a long time. The beer was a joy from the begining to the end of the bottle. This beer has a very sticky mouthfeel. The beer is big and you may not be able to inhale it fast. That is not necessarily a bad thing as this is a beer to savior.

nlmartin, Aug 26, 2006

pjeagles, Jan 05, 2012

Thank you stone for being the pallet assassin!

I love big bold beers, unless I want to get something done.

A.: clouding copper

S: big fruity hints and grapefruit.

T: MMM Hops alcohol and butterscotch.

F: good annihilate all other flavors in your mouth feeling. Like you could chew raw garlic and teach a virgin how to kiss after drinking this. The Stone experience is what other tastes can we knock out of your fead.

Yes, Love it, by it and be at home, with not were to go and hit this beer. It is so aggressive, You must take a preemptive strikeQ@

xmorgan, Jul 29, 2012

Burt, Nov 14, 2011

So, after an extended absence, this reviewer is back with another sublime beer to report on. Much anticipated release from the folks in San diego does not fail to dissappoint. An amazing beer with much to write home about.
Poured from the bottle into an oversized wine glass; the color of the beer is one of the more beautiful that I have seen in a long time, deep royal ruby red amber, nice silky glass lacing and head retention indicates freshness. Smells of herbs and hops a sophisitcated sweet smell that promises much and delivers. I would say that this is a like a beautiful belgian with a distinct character and bitterness of an IPA. The 10% alchohol makes its presence felt but it is not overpowering. the beer is super silky smooth and was a joy to drink on the back deck with an old friend(who drank Rolling rock- one of the last latrobe brewed bottles), OK. I love tis beer! It is SOPHISTICATED! with a capitol "S"! The profile of the beer changed as the bomber was killed over the afternoon, but unlike other reviewers the alcholol did not become edgey in my palate's estimation. Drinkability is slow relfective as it should for this sublime experience. A special occassion beer- say for an anniversary? I can't wait to age some of the case that I've luckily been able to get my hands on. Look for updates to this review in 2011 and 2016. Happy 10th Stone for a job continuously and righteously, need I say outrageously welldone! cheers! Thanks for the beer memories...

3 bottles into the case and my review hits 5s across the board. As my palate gets more finicky but also demands to have its a-- kicked this beer does it for me in spades. SIMPLY AMAZING!
Update 12-31/12:
Drank one of my last two bottles for the 10th new years married and now 10th new years in my house anticipation mounts as I wait to see how this aged. The verdict-
DELICiOUS! Now drinks like a barley wine amazing flavors of almond brandies Cherry and of course oak caramel and even peat wonderful way to ring in 2013 wonder what the abc now is...

sublimesipping, Jan 03, 2013

Brew33, Nov 17, 2011

Served in my arrogant bastard pub glass.

Pours a coppery-orange color with large beige head that last throughout the drinking. Super lacing.

Smells slightly piney, earth and floral hops. Strong citrus and tropical (pineapple mainly) smells along with a caramel malty sweetness. Very complexly aromatic.

Taste. Simply perfect. Very juicy in the taste while being well balanced with the maltiness. I can taste a raw cane sugar. Perfect balance of earthy and piney hops and caramel malt. Very fruity, pineapple and grapefruit are most pronounced, but there are other flavors that I can't quite tell what they are that balance it all out.

Medium plus body, slight oiliness without being filmy. Finished with a nice grapefruity dryness. The alcohol is well presented. I just can't stop drinking this!

Easy to drink, tastes so good. I must stop geekin' and get back to drinkin'!

laintringulis, Sep 17, 2006

jaybrough, Oct 12, 2013

I received a 3L growler of this treasure and what a gift it was! It pours a deep rich coppery amber. Nice head retention thinning to a nice crown. The aromas that are clear are citrus and good hops. The taste is fantastic, very hoppy but not too bitter. The mouthfeel is perfection and it drinks well, and isn't hard, even with the high ABV

zuggy9, Jan 16, 2007

Cheezus, Jul 27, 2012

Rochefort10nh, Dec 08, 2011

rab53, Dec 09, 2011
« first ‹ prev | 401-425 | 426-450 | 451-475  | next › last »
Stone 10th Anniversary IPA from Stone Brewing Co.