Smoked Porter - Chipotle - Stone Brewing Co.

Smoked Porter - ChipotleSmoked Porter - Chipotle

good

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

American Porter |  5.90% ABV

(Beer added by: Westsidethreat on 05-07-2007)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Smoked Porter - Chipotle Alström Bros

Woo-Woo-Dogs, Aug 24, 2014

Brutus627, Jun 24, 2014

AdmiralOzone, Jun 28, 2014

Kyleschultz, Aug 25, 2014
1.15/5  rDev -69.6%

A - dark coffee with a white, slightly tanned, two finger head that stuck around.

S - sour, off-hay like.

T - the taste began with a water nose. I tasted nothing else but water. This was followed by a burning sensation in the my throat. No spice, just burn. The burn was something similar to swallowing pepper spray. The finish was dirty and pestered my palate for quite some time. As Ralph from The Simpsons said, "It tastes like burning".

M - far too watery for an acceptable Porter .

D - I think I've made my point.

chainsawhutch, Nov 05, 2009

1.5/5  rDev -60.3%

djaeon, Jan 22, 2012
1.65/5  rDev -56.3%

Pint at Naja's Place

One of the worst beers I have had this summer

The whole spicy and dark beer thing just does not work

Got to really be in the mood or just have an odd taste preference to like this one

It tastes normal, then all of sudden there is a sour acidic taste like a jalapeno or something

Blah

Even the bartender said it was bad, but I tried it anyways

Stay away by all means

Rekrule, May 18, 2014

Damian74Shensky, Dec 08, 2012

leinie13, Jun 30, 2012
2.25/5  rDev -40.5%

Color- Chestnut brown. Full head.

Aroma- very smokey.

Taste- far too smokey with a tiny hint of pepper on the back end. The smoke overwhelms this brew. I'd rename this one in German (since Rauch or smoke beers generally originate from Germany) "Rauchbeir mit ein bischen Chilipfeffer" instead of Stone's label. Surprisingly subpar for Stone, especially considering the standard Smoked Porter is less smokey and better balanced than this variant. I'm a Stone fan and even toured the Stone brewery last time I was in San Diego. So my rating does not reflect a bias against Stone. I'm just disappointed in this specific brew.

Poured from 650 ml bomber into a Liefmans Goudenband glass (my preferred all purpose beer tasting glass). Tasted on 5/31/2014.

utfiero, Jun 01, 2014

patrick802, May 12, 2014

DThome, Jun 13, 2014
2.3/5  rDev -39.2%

I love Stone beers. I have loved the Smoked Porter from the first time I tasted it.
I love hot peppers, so putting things together, I was hoping for a great taste.

Sorry to say, but the chipotle flavor in my mind took away from this porter. I still believe the porter would be better without this pepper flavor. In fact, I found that the pepper almost diluted d the impact of the porter. The original porter was a good mouthful, this left a lot to be desired..

I think I would have enjoyed this more, if they used a hotter pepper, perhaps a harbenero

rdilauro, May 19, 2014
2.38/5  rDev -37%

Had on tap at the Stone Total Tap Takeover

A-pours a dark cola brown looking color with some red edges and a dark tan colored head.

S-the nose is a blend of spicy pepper and roasted malts. there are hints of coffee rind and a touch of dry bakers chocolate.

T-chipotle and chocolate do not make a good mix in my mind. each flavor is assertive and stands alone. poor integration of these two flavors then give way to a very roasty malt finish.

M-thinner body with a creamy teture. the spice burns the back of the throat to make it hard to enjoy with a slightly dry finish.

D-this has an interesting array of flavors that to me don't taste good togther. they stand alone and lack integration. the finish is rather harsh and makes it hard to drink.

cpetrone84, Jan 21, 2011
Smoked Porter - Chipotle from Stone Brewing Co.