Stone Ruination IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Ruination IPAStone Ruination IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 06-12-2002)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Ruination IPA Alström Bros

1.12/5  rDev -74%

1.24/5  rDev -71.2%

1.25/5  rDev -70.9%

I was very disappointed in this beer, I paid $10. For a bomber , I didn't get any citrusy notes from the hops, I am a fan of hoppy craft beer, this beer shouldn't even be considered craft, sorry stone, maybe I got a bad bottle? I am blown away by the high scores it got, I don't think I will try it again at $10. A bomber for swill.

1.28/5  rDev -70.2%

1.5/5  rDev -65.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

I have to start out saying this is probably my least favorite style of beer so hop lovers can likely disregard my ratings. I am one of those people that is really sensitive to bitter tastes so it is not a surprise that I wouldn't be a big fan of this style.

A-Clear with orange amber appearance, weak head

S-Oh shit, this one is going to stick with me. Welcome to hopland!

T-Yep hop bomb, 10 minutes later it's still there, bitter, grapefruit, astringent mouthdrying NW US hops. There might be some alcohol in there too-but it doesn't matter I'd have to choke down another drink.

M-Pine sap? Gross

D-I'd rather drink yak piss.

Tastes like other double IPAs I've tried except it's exceptionally lingering so I guess it's average for the style. If you like in your face hops-give this one a try. If you're not a hop bomb fan-I guess stay away like I normally do.

1.5/5  rDev -65.1%

1.72/5  rDev -60%

1.83/5  rDev -57.4%

Pours out a a golden orange color with a nice white head a finger high. Dissipates slowly and ok lacing to the beer.

Smells of piney hops. Then you get the cirtusy smells and a slight finish of hops.

I feel like I am drinking Pine-sol and bitters. All i can get is a strong pine flavor followed by a disgusting bitter flavor. Then grapefruit on my tongue that I just can't get rid of. This is one of the few times I poured the last of my beer down the drain. It is vile to me, unfortunately i just cant go from pine to bitter to grapefruit. This just isn't my type of brew.

Has an oil and water feel in my mouth. The bitterness that follows takes away any thought after that.

I would never buy this. I probably will never try a fourth time. I have tried to drink this beer a few times as my palate has progressed and each time is as bad to me as it was before. This beer is just not for me.

1.89/5  rDev -56%

I'm an up and coming fan of IPA's. That being said, I was really disappointed with this beer. Far too bitter, and no hint of citrus whatsoever. That's just me though.

Stone Ruination IPA from Stone Brewing Co.