Stone Cali-Belgique - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Cali-BelgiqueStone Cali-Belgique

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Belgian IPA |  6.90% ABV

(Beer added by: gpogo on 07-23-2008)
4.83/5  rDev +21.1%

I had been waiting to try this one since I saw that they were making it. To me it was the best of both worlds...belgian style yeast and a california IPA. It did not disapoint one bit.
It poured a very nice Dark amber color, the aromas were very much like the name suggests very true to a belgian spciy and citrusy,floral with hints of honey, then you get the aroma of the hops which added to the citrus gave it an almost blood orange scent. Taste was just outstanding typical belgian triple flavors spicy and slightly yeasty but with a nice blast of hops which gave it a nice grapefruit/ citrus like finish.In my opinion the best beer I have had in a long time... This is a perfect food beer. I had it with sauteed red snapper with a lemon butter sauce and it went perfect!! I can't wait to get some more!!

BeerBobWFM, Mar 15, 2009
4.83/5  rDev +21.1%

I just wish I would have bought more than one and I hope when I got back tomorrow that they still have a couple in stock.

This is a bloody good brew. From the smell to the taste to the aftertaste, great all the way through.

I am not all that strong in my Belgian beers, but from what I have been told, most of the aspects of this brew make this a great Belgian.

To be honest, there is not a lot I can say about this brew that you cannot get from your first taste. I am not a fan of a perfect brew, but this is bloody good...

Highly recommend this brew. And, best of all, it's not all that pricey for a bomber (5.99 where I live).

Shibbykaiyai, Jan 25, 2012
4.83/5  rDev +21.1%

Pours golden and cloudy with a finger's thick head.

Smell is citrus, reduced sugar, hops.

Taste is grapefruit, pineapple, and hops with medium body, medium carbonation and minimal lacing.

Overall this is a great and very well balanced crossover IPA with Belgian Yeast from the folks at Stone.

rstone57, Nov 13, 2011
4.83/5  rDev +21.1%

A: Pours a hazy, cloudy, goldenrod. Small off-white head fades quickly.

S: Strong, thick, esters and wheat hit my nose before I could even get close to the glass, wow... When I came in to smell it I got the hops: pineapple, a little bit of pine, and a little booze, just a little.

T: Wow... acidic, tons of pineapple, but balanced by a nice estery, yeasty-ness. No booze in the taste, it's all balanced out. It finishes with a nice chewy malt that is really pleasant.

M: Medium carbonation. Thick and resinous. The acidity really leaves you salivating.

O: An excellent brew, complex and interesting, but very well balanced, especially for a Stone brew.

natedog820, Aug 03, 2011

Dchandler422, Aug 05, 2012

DarrellK, Jun 16, 2014

sanitysessions, Apr 27, 2012
4.75/5  rDev +19%

In my opinion, this is a near perfect beer that pairs with all kinds of food and drinks well on its own.

The name says it all: Belgian-style IPA. Stone does so many beers so well, especially West Coast IPAs. Match that with Belgian yeast and you've got a whole new take on it.

One of my favorite beers of all-time that also happens to be readily available, and relatively affordable. Can't beat that.

M_King, Sep 17, 2014

DougRFlowers, Nov 15, 2012

olafphysics, Sep 01, 2014

steenface, Jun 27, 2013

TrojanWheels, Apr 23, 2014
Stone Cali-Belgique from Stone Brewing Co.