Lukcy Basartd Ale - Stone Brewing Co.

Lukcy Basartd AleLukcy Basartd Ale

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

American Strong Ale |  8.50% ABV

Anniversary blend of Arrogant Bastard to celebrate the 13 Year Anniversary of Arrogant Bastard.

Blend of Arrogant Bastard Ale, Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale and Double Bastard Ale.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-15-2010)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lukcy Basartd Ale Alström Bros

3.75/5  rDev -9.9%

3.5/5  rDev -15.9%

3.98/5  rDev -4.3%

Beautiful beer poured into a perfect pint. Has a great hue, soapy head with awesome retention. The smell is hoppy and it had me concerned. I love the idea of this being a blend of 'arrogant' 'oaked arrogant' and 'double' but...i'm fairly certain they are lying to us. My hopes died in the nose. The taste while it is quite delicious does not match the style nor the recipe. I get a very hoppy, citrus forward: pineapple and grapefruit DIPA. I call sorcery.

Delicious IPA in a strong ale's clothing.

3.9/5  rDev -6.3%

10/31/14. Cascading bubbles on the pour, almost like a stout it is very dense for this type of beer. Two fingers of cream colored, mottled, thick head, mahogany-colored and clear. Piney and woody aromas, with some grass and herbal notes. Toasted malt and caramel. The sweet malt hits the palate first, followed by a long, bitter finish (yes that's a good thing). Full-bodied and well-carbonated. This is a big beer!

3.75/5  rDev -9.9%

4.5/5  rDev +8.2%

Stone makes my favorite beers. I waver between regular 'Arrogant Bastard' and Ruination, but either of those are just about the perfect beer for me. So when they did this limited release I had to track it down. It says to drink NOW. Well I waited until lunch but I that's soon enough.

Overall, I was a tiny bit disappointed. I think regular Arrogant Bastard is a tiny bit better. Which still leaves this beer in the upper echelon of beers. Just to confirm my review, I also found it on tap ($6 for 10 oz, jeez!), and still prefer Arrogant, if just by a little bit. It's great, but in my opinion Arrogant still is a bit more balanced. Am I sad I bought it? Hell no, and everybody who likes hoppy, rich beers should give it a try!

4.1/5  rDev -1.4%

4.04/5  rDev -2.9%

4.2/5  rDev +1%

3.25/5  rDev -21.9%

Kind of smells like pineapple juice. Finishes really dry. Big sweet malt character balanced pretty well with the dry hop flavor.

Lukcy Basartd Ale from Stone Brewing Co.