Crime - Stone Brewing Co.

CrimeCrime

poor

good

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Chile Beer |  9.60% ABV

"What do you call it when Greg takes his entire harvest
bounty of chili pepper varieties from his own personal garden, take half of them and add to...and thus ruin...an otherwise beautiful oak barrel of Double Dry Hopped Lukcy Basartd Ale?"

A: "A Crime!"

---

Q: "What do you call it when you take a sip of oak barrel aged Double Bastard Ale that's had the other half of the bounty of chili peppers from Greg's home garden ceremoniously added in, resulting in a punishingly intense level of hot pepper heat to an already overly intense beer whose elevated alcohol level caused a significant transference of pain-inducing
capsicum?"

A: "Punishment."

(Beer added by: womencantsail on 02-06-2011)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Crime Alström Bros

The pour is hazy with minimal bubbles. A swirl provides some nice bubbles but the pour is so awful boring and blah.

It starts to have some sugar and nice aromas I think but it turns to cigaret ash tray like aromas. I want to give this a negative score.

At first you get some kinda sweet imperial ale flavors but then....instantly it turns to fire. I do'nt get ANY bourbon. I get well fire and crap.

Undrinkable.

This is the worst beer I've ever had. Budlight has more going for it. Honestly the smell of this beer is so bad that if you think smell is 1% of a beer, this is a 0 out of 100 because it's a negative 99 in smell.

Honestly, I want my damn money back. I feel this was total robbery from stone and I not kidding, I want a refund, this was too expensive to be this freaking awful. The beer should say "SUPER HOT SPICED" on the bottle. This was false advertising imo

Do not just NOT BUY THIS but I'm in favor of a petition to demand money back for anyone that didn't know HOW hot this total SHIT beer is. Sadly beer advocate won't let me score this correctly as it's a negative 1,000

Ok the final statement. This beer smells like a guy had some hot sauce and then took a massive crap and bottled it. The pour looks like fecal matter was mixed in. The beer itself was worst tasting than a McDonald. It is the worst tasting item ever made. Stone honestly at this point....I'm not sure I will ever buy another beer from them as this was honestly robbery. I'm not the kind to do such things but if I were a lesser man, I'd pop Greg the next time he's around.

I'm not going to lie I'm pretty sure had I finished a 4 oz pour i'd be vomiting right now. I can't imagine what someone would do after a full bottle, thankfully I drain poured the shit that this beer is.

2.5/5  rDev -10.7%

3.73/5  rDev +33.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

was excited and nervous to try this. next time ill get the punishment. this beer looks good- a nice brown, little haze. the smell is hot peppers all the way. reminds me of stron hot sauce- like daves insanity. and the taste is right up there. there is a slow burn that cotes the mouth- and washes over the throat. ultimately this was an interesting experiment- but ultimately i think this beer would be better for cooking- might be great in some chili.

1.5/5  rDev -46.4%

3.75/5  rDev +33.9%

2.75/5  rDev -1.8%

2.75/5  rDev -1.8%

2.5/5  rDev -10.7%

1.4/5  rDev -50%

Absolutely the second worst beer I have ever had (the worst beer is it's companion Punishment). I loved Habanero Sculpin, but this was terrible. There is no balance or complexity to speak of. Disgusting stuff. The price was horrible too for a 16.9 oz. bottle. I will be haunted by the terrible taste of this beer. How could Stone release this beer at this price? God awful.

3.45/5  rDev +23.2%

Split a bottle with a friend- thanks to Robert for this

Pours a very dark red, a finger of foam died down pretty quick to a frothy ring. Small sediment make it a bit cloudy, very low carbonation. A really nice looking beer

Smell is abundant peppers and chilies, as expected. Buried very deep is oak, bourbon, caramel, toffee, and alcohol. Spicy, sweet, not bad

Peppers peppers peppers. Overwhelming peppers. Abundant peppers. After the initial shock passes, spicy caramel, oak, bourbon, and a bit of alcohol

Feel gets a perfect for delivering exactly what it promises- THE spiciest beer ever made. Really glad I split this one, had a bit of trouble just finishing my half

Overall spicy as fuck, pairs well with the chips and salsa I brought. I have a bottle in my cellar, I'll see how it is in a few years

3.5/5  rDev +25%

Crime from Stone Brewing Co.