1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

The Bruery / Elysian / Stone La Citrueille Celeste De Citracado - Stone Brewing Co.

The Bruery / Elysian / Stone La Citrueille Celeste De CitracadoThe Bruery / Elysian / Stone La Citrueille Celeste De Citracado

good

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Pumpkin Ale |  5.00% ABV

Brewed with Honey malt, Brown malt, and Rye malt, yams, pumpkin, toasted fenugreek, lemon verbena, and birch bark. Warrior hops, and New Zealand Motueka hops. "Citrouille", French for pumpkin, intentionally misspelled in honor of Patrick Rue.

(Beer added by: BdubleEdubleRUN on 10-18-2011)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of The Bruery / Elysian / Stone La Citrueille Celeste De Citracado Alström Bros
Ratings: 602 | Reviews: 246 | Show All Ratings:
JosiahS

4.85/5  rDev +35.1%

glass: Tulip

Upon poring, it's much darker than i expected. More of a mahogany color with a white, clean ring atop. This beer has a really unique aroma. At first i got the caramel, sort of buttery notes but once swirled, it opens up beautifully into an intense and peppery tree bark-like aroma with undertones of yams and pumpkin.

The taste brings back memories of when i first started my craft beer drinking, it's new, exciting and incredibly flavorful. The Birch bark and lemon verbena lends an odd yet intriguing contrast to the underlying pumpkin. It's chocolatey, not overly sweet, citric, peppery and bitter throughout.

The body is light-medium with medium carbonation. I think any thicker and it might grow tiring. It's quaff-able yet unique so i resist quaffing. Labeled a "pumpkin ale" but may stand taller in the "winter ale" category. What a refreshing and re-energizing change to the mundane winter seasonals.

10-21-2011 22:26:25 | More by JosiahS
tpaz1913

District of Columbia

4.55/5  rDev +26.7%

This beer is essence of autumn. It pours dark, head retention isn't outstanding, nose is a very full pumpkin spice, with a bit of citrus on top. The flavor is just absolutely outstanding. My description isn't going to sound positive, but think yams that have been bathed in pine sol, except delicious... You really get a spicy autumn flavor that is outstanding. A very well done fall brew. Full, malty, and spicy.

11-29-2011 05:17:17 | More by tpaz1913
PintOHops

4.5/5  rDev +25.3%

Glass - Tulip

A - A surprisingly dark mohagany brew. It produced a 2-finger slightly off white head that held okay. I can see through the beer decently, it's not too hazy. A few spots where left on my glass.

S - Wow, the first thing I get is this deep woody aroma. Charcoal, brown sugar, lots of roasted coffee. There's a nice grassy/citrus hop characteristic that smells fresh and inviting. As it warmed I got toffee and mild pumpkin and yam.

T - The first thing I notice is is deep roasted coffee with brown sugar and woodiness. I also get this soft sweetness that reminds me of yams big time. It finishes with herbal qualities, brown sugar, toffee, woody flavors, citrus/pine like hop flavors and moderate bitterness that lingers just a bit. I gotta say this is balanced very very well.

M - Soft crispness, smooth and creamy with a medium body. The feel is great to me.

O - Wow, this brew makes for a great Winter Warmer I think. I love the freshness of the flavor profile, the balance, and the fact that it's not overly sweet, even with the yams and pumpkin. The aroma is just amazing to me as well. If you can get your hands on this one, do it! A great beer I'd love to buy again. Cheers!

10-21-2011 22:25:19 | More by PintOHops
WVbeergeek

4.5/5  rDev +25.3%

Alright I know I should have found this back in the Fall, but I didn't. This pours a deep mahogany chestnut ruby brown color with a thicket of tan head almost overflowing the rim of the pint glass. Aroma citric notes with some vegetable/earthiness layers going on, a hints of sweet brown roasted malt notes. The birch bark really comes out in the nose as it warms adding a velvet smooth incense like experience to the beer. What a beautiful well orchestrated beer with flavors coming in multiple levels, as it warms the nose keeps bringing out new ingredients. Flavors bring on complex spice additions, citrus notes with vegetal roasted yam sugars, dark roasted malts bring on another layer of complexity. Hops add enough bitterness to balance it all out, this is excellent stuff unlike any other beer I've ever tasted. The pumpkin never comes out as the pumpkin pie notes, but as the earthy gourd that we all love that fleshy flavor of the pumpkin is melded with herbal spice and other starchy vegetables. Some perfume like bitter notes in the finish that almost seem like cinnamon spices, but it's well blended and forms a nice flavorful new beer experience. Definitely not boring or too over the top. Mouthfeel is dry in the finish between hops, herbs, spice with nice dark roasted malts in the base beer. Carbonation is perfect mellow smooth brings all the flavor out. Keep making this beer it will find an audience.

02-26-2012 20:09:27 | More by WVbeergeek
woodychandler

4.45/5  rDev +24%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

A recent score at Pinocchio's in Media that cries out to be opened and reviewed.

From the bottle: "Ale brewed with pumpkin, yams, toasted fenugreek, lemon verbena & birch bark"; "I've made pumpkin ales called Kurbis this and Calabeza that, but never with the nominal French touch of this one, conceived and brewed with my musketeer brothers, Mitch and Patrick. One for all and all for one! Or are we revolutionaries, the Danton, Marat and Robespierre of the bloody pumpkin? Liberte? Are you kidding? There's birch bark in this brew, and yams, fenugreek, rye and lemon verbena. Egalite? Absolutely. This was a joint project, for sure. Fraternite? If brewing pumpkin ale were a cabal we probably wouldn't talk about it. You can, however, and we hope you enjoy it. [undersigned] Dick Cantwell, Head Brewer & founder, Elysian Brewing Co., Sept 2011.

My pour created a good two fingers of thick, light-tan head with great retention. Color was a deep-copper, closer to a brown than a previous brown ale this evening and with NE-quality clarity. Nose was redolent with lemon zest and spices, probably the rye and birch bark doing their thing(s). Mouthfeel was medium with an initial medicinal quality, undoubtedly the birch bark, followed by a pleasant lemon citrusiness, underlain with a rye bite. Hoo ha and Oh my! Wow, this was one spicy pumpkin, blood notwithstanding. Finish was very dry, giving the lie to those who say that pumpkin beers are too sweet for their liking. Bone dry, in fact, to the point of almost being gasping. Oh my.

06-05-2012 06:56:01 | More by woodychandler
BJA

4.4/5  rDev +22.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

12 oz bottle poured into perfect pint glass

A: One inch creamy light tan head. When held up to sunlight a deep amber color bordering on brown. Crisp and clear. Small bubbles slowly rise to the top. Head dissipated over 2 minutes and left a good amount of lacing behind. The depth of color and clearness is great.

S: A scent of caramelized something, pumpkin, resinous birch and hops, and an herb I’m not familiar with on a solid underlying malt scent. I’ve never smelled anything like this in a beer before. This was hard for me to describe. I had to get out a scent wheel, which I just got a few weeks ago. Yes, I’m a dork. A lemon herb scent comes out as the beer warms and I drink it down.

T: It reminds me of a mix of an amber and brown ale that went to awesomeness camp. A lot of the taste is the same as the scent, but I get more of a toasted malt base and a bit of lemon on the immediate aftertaste/exhale. That lemon verbena comes out in the taste as the beer warms.

M: Drinks lighter at first and then moves near a medium mouthfeel.

O: I’ve never had a beer like this before. That is awesome. It is awesome. I wish it was cheaper. I’m glad this will be available as a growler fill on Halloween day. I’m interested to see if I am as excited about it after I drink several (not necessarily at the same time). The only downside I can think of is the toasted malt character dominates in the aftertaste after the first half of the beer.

10-28-2011 23:11:55 | More by BJA
drpimento

Wisconsin

4.4/5  rDev +22.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Wow, way better than I anticipated! I let it warm a bit out of the fridge. Poured with a nice sized, foamy, frothy, thick, tan head that soon settles to a thin cover and some lace. Color is a clear deep dark, brown red with lots of tiny bubble trails. Aroma is malt, roast, spice, toffee, caramel. Flavor is like nose but all those characteristics stand out more plus a perfect amount of carbonic tang. Don't pick up any pumpkin though. Body and carbonation are excellent. Finish is like flavor, of average duration, and leaving me with the desire for another sip. Very good drinking beer; maybe the best vegetable/spice beer I've ever had.

11-06-2011 19:47:07 | More by drpimento
Chaney

District of Columbia

4.33/5  rDev +20.6%

Okay, I get Elysian and their pumpkin fetish, and The Bruery with their yam contribution (ala Autumn Maple), but Stone? This should be interesting.

I poured this into a snifter.

A: Extremely dark.... like extremely burnt pumpkin, black moldy even. The head was spider webby and clingy, and tan.

S: I definitely got some gourd in there, along with tons of spices and very little sweetness. I sort of smelled like healthy breakfast cereal with squash infused milk.

T: This is NOT a pumpkin pie beer, and once you know that, and know that that wasn't the brewers' intention, you should enjoy it that way. I'll work backwards: The lemon hint on the end was friggin amazing, the fenugreek (which I've had a couple of times) was evident in terms of the fresh peculiar spiciness that it added. The yams... Great choice! The pumpkin was just a sidebar item and totally got buried under all the complexity from the whacky spice combos going on here!

M: The marketing speak is right: This is not a candy sugar (pumpkin pie) beer and I hope people do a bit of research before embarking on this journey. The lacing was used car wash stuff, and I had a good bit of divine root vegetable lingering left on my palate afterwards.

O: I'm sure I'll take a lot of heat for ranking this one so high after so many have not. However, I'm pretty sure I understand what the breweries were shooting for with this one, and on that note, I though this was highly creative and a totaly different breed of pumpkin brew than the usual trend. It ALMOST tasted healthy... lol.

12-21-2011 01:14:48 | More by Chaney
tsauce2

Indiana

4.3/5  rDev +19.8%

P: 12 fl oz bottle in to a 6 oz fluted taster.

A: SRM is dark brown with amber/copper tones. Clear and semi translucent. Head is off white, 1 in, dissipates to rim of glass. Medium carbonation. Medium lacing.

S: Many different flavors. Pumpkin and yam come through the least. Lemon verbena and birch bark are the prominent scents, with the toasted fenugreek lending their maple syrupesque scent. Sweet notes come off on the nose.

T: The flavors all blend harmoniously, with certain individual ingredients coming out at different times. The earthiness of the pumpkin and yam is noticable, but very restrained. Birch lends a bit of bite at times. Lemon verbena comes through gently. Toasted fenugreek adds a bit of the maple syrup flavor for which it is known. Aftertaste is light malts and light sweetness.

M: Medium body. Some viscosity coating the palate, carbonation lightens up the beer. All the different ingredients manifesting at different times really stimulate the nose and palate, the two senses being tied together.

O: Quite excellent. I would label this beer as a "Spiced Ale" rather than "Pumpkin Ale" as pumpkin is not the predominant flavor. Looking at this beer, it does not sound nearly as good as it was. Stone is known for doing some wild things that usually work out, but sometimes don't. This one hit the mark. I wish I bought more.

12-17-2011 06:27:27 | More by tsauce2
brew3crew

4.25/5  rDev +18.4%

A-orange body with a little bit of head that sticks around for awhile.

S-nice pumpkin smell that invites me in and reminds me of a crisp fall day

T-dlight pumkin, cinnamin and nutmeg are all very prevalent. Very good

M-medium body and oh so smooth

O-very nice pumking beer. Quite a treat

11-04-2011 23:26:17 | More by brew3crew
brewcrew76

Wisconsin

4.2/5  rDev +17%

A - Dark brown with ruby hues, thin tan head and a few streaks of lace.

S - Nice aroma. Pumpkin, brown sugar, toasty malt, light ginger, hint of lemon, pine and a few herbs I can't place (maybe the fenugreek and birch bark?).

T - Lightly toasted malt, pumpkin, brown sugar and a complex mix of spices with floral and citrus notes. After looking up fenugreek I am guessing that is the other predominant flavor. Nicely complex.

M - Medium body with moderate carbonation. Very easy drinking.

D - I really liked this take on a pumpkin beer. Complex, uncommon flavors that are hard to pin down. Gets better with each sip. Very well done.

11-23-2011 03:06:21 | More by brewcrew76
SPThirtyThree

Colorado

4.18/5  rDev +16.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

12 oz. bottle, 45°F. It's not as fresh as it should be, but that's my fault.

A: Deep ruby brown with 1-finger tan head. The head collapses to a big splotch of scummy cream with some lacing.

S: The nose is a surprising blast of rosemary and lemon. I had no idea what to expect, but I never would have guessed these would be the main flavors in the smell. Maple, ginger, and pine. The toasted fenugreek comes through, but the pumpkin and yams are lost in the spice.

It's a pleasant nose, but it walks a fine line between delicious and odd - the birch and lemon verbena aren't the most mellow flavors and it's hard to say if they meld with the malt.

T: Sweet, forest-y. It reminds me of autumn, and I would prefer this to any other pumpkin beer any day of the week, but then again, I wouldn't really consider this a beer of that same class.

The spice lingers through the full drink, earthy and slightly citric. The malts are soft and sweet with some nice toasty notes. It's like a honey-soaked buttermilk buscuit, and the fenugreek lends a maple-syrup flavor reiterating the breakfast theme. The flavor is very unique, but surprisingly delicious. There's a nice rye spiciness, but the aftertaste has an aspartame-like, bitter flavor.

M: Medium-full body, medium carbonation, and little else, but any astringency or effervescence would have ruined the flavor.

Overall, it's an odd but drinkable beer. If you want a maple syrup/rye sandwich, it's a perfect beer, but la citrueille certainly doesn't seem to cater to the masses.

03-16-2013 23:44:23 | More by SPThirtyThree
Gmann

4.15/5  rDev +15.6%

Pours a dark brown color with some ruby hightlights. The head is short and dense and settles into a light ring with some small lacing.

The aroma is hoppy and spicy. A nice juicy grapefruit hop aroma kicks things off which is quickly offset with an earthy spice note. I want to say it is nutmeg or allspice but it seems to be those and something else. Perhaps it is the birch bark that gives the beer the earthy spice aroma. The beer also does have a pumpkin vegetal aroma. I dig the aroma, smells like a harvest garden.

Man, there is a lot going on with this one. First there is a pleasant grapefruit hop. Then there is a sage/rosemary herb presence, quite strong. There is an undercurrent of pumpkin and yam which gives the brew a squashy vegetal flavor. Some juniper barky bitter spice. I imagine there is some nutmeg/allspice/cinnamon spice blend as well. Very interesting, good turkey day brew, all of the flavors work well.

The feel is moderate with fizzy carbonation. Some sweetness, but the earthy herby bitterness dominates.

An enjoyable earthy herbal brew. Probably not for everybody but I enjoy these types of beers.

11-24-2011 02:20:29 | More by Gmann
rangerred

Tennessee

4.15/5  rDev +15.6%

12oz bottle poured into a pint glass.

Appearance is a clear dark brown with a small head. Good lacing however clinging to the sides of the glass.

Aroma has a definite herb character but it's good. Some lemon in there along with a hop aroma reminiscent of Stone. Some roasted malt is detectable as well.

Really a lot going on here in terms of taste. The spicy/herb dominates but along with that is pumpkin and roasted malt that is almost coffee-like. The lemon shows itself towards the finish. Good assertive bitterness as well. Mouthfeel is just a little thin, I feel.

I was sort of worried about this beer but now I wish I would have gotten another one. A pretty excellent beer and perfect for fall.

01-09-2012 22:25:39 | More by rangerred
hreb

Washington

4.15/5  rDev +15.6%

Cold 12oz single served in pint glass. Beer is way dark in color, like a good brown ale. Lighter head, thin. Aroma is mostly hoppy. No clue of the bizarre ingredients that lie beneath.

Flavor is unmistakably pumpkin ale. Good pumpkin ale, that is, not the kind overloaded with spices. The only other flavor altering ingredient readily present is the lemon verbena, which is subtle and strangely compatible with the brew. Think lemon like lemongrass beer, not lemon like zest in a witbier. Then again I'm not sure I'd know what toasted fenugreek would taste like if it bit me on the tongue. Still not sure what birch bark is supposed to be doing in here.

Carbonation is pleasantly strong. Any lighter and the beer flavors might seem too heavy. Oh, and there's an earthy bitterness throughout this beer that balances out all the non-beer flavors.

Overall this is simply a really good pumpkin ale. The extra twists, and unexpected color, make it an especially interesting pumpkin ale, but don't redefine the brew. And there's a hell of a lot of flavor backed into the low ABV.

04-23-2012 02:59:30 | More by hreb
socon67

4.13/5  rDev +15%

A - Copper color with a white foam that settles high. Some lacing and visible carbonation.

S - Very earthy smell. Scents of lemon oil, brown sugar, oak barrels, and sweetpotatoes. Very pleasant.

T - Flavors of an oak aged pumpkin beer come to mind. Actually aged well and the falvors of vanilla, lemon, and pumpkin blend well with the oak notes. Finish has an earthy vibe.

M - Great balance on this guy. Leaves you wanting more. wish I had another bottle.

O - I'd like to see this appear again. This is a very interesting seasonal. I think it is one of my favorite of the Stone collaborations.

11-15-2012 02:57:58 | More by socon67
Lledd

4.13/5  rDev +15%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Served in a Sam Adams ale glass.

A: Deep mahogany brown. Medium carbonation movement. Very little head fading quickly. Honestly, it looks kind of sexy for a beer.<4.25>

S: Lemon is upfront but not overpowering. The yams come through on a sweet note with the malts. There is a very faint aroma of hops, just bitter. <3.75>

T: There's an earthy malt flavor with just enough bitter hops for balance. On the finish there is a brown sugar kind of sweetness. The root vegetables add a depth of sweetness, it's nice actually. The aftertaste is slightly bitter and has a touch of maple syrup to it. This is almost like a "candied beer", but it's not child's candy sweet, it's a deep sweet, probably from the yams. The lemon blends in really well helping out the hops and cutting the sweet flavors. This is surprisingly good. <4.25>

M: Lots of non-aggresive, small-medium bubbled carbonation. The body is a little thin for the flavor profile. But then again that might be a good thing. I could see this beer bogging my palate down if it had the body of a stout or porter. <4>

O: Surprisingly good for all the strange ingredients. Very balanced, a unique depth of sweetness and just enough hops and lemon to make it very drinkable. I will buy this again next time I see it. <4.25>

05-04-2013 21:42:38 | More by Lledd
notchucknorris

4.1/5  rDev +14.2%

A: Dark brown color with a very thin light brown head that shows good retention.

S: Really spicy with a lot of roasted yam, rye bread and something that smells a bit like curry that I'm guessing to be the fenugreek.

T: A really interesting beer and a totally different take on the pumpkin beer style. I definitely get the yam and fenugreek, but I'm not sure about the pumpkin. Some floral and lemon hints on the finish. This may be my favorite of the Stone Collaborations so far.

10-24-2011 22:27:40 | More by notchucknorris
cbutova

4.1/5  rDev +14.2%

On-tap in the Stone Bistro. Notes from San Diego trip.

A- Dark brown body into a tulip with a small, off-white head. Fine bubbly texture and a ring leaves spotty lace.

S- Earthy, vegetal harvest bomb. Notes of pumpkin, vegetables, spice (woody herbal/cinnamon, unique). Some roast brown sugar and vanilla type hints as well.

T- A harvest/Autumn explosion. A high spice level but just right for the other flavors. Vegetal pumpkin, woody, root flavors, cinnamon, raisin and slight roast nutty malt.

MF- Silky moderately thick body with a somewhat creamy feel. Just a little bitterness.

A new take on fall beers to me. Unique spice flavors and just an earthy harvest bomb.

10-30-2011 23:42:27 | More by cbutova
codsmith

4.1/5  rDev +14.2%

A: Very dark with highlights of dark orange. Rather clear in appearance and has a very slight off white head foam head that just barely covers the top.

S: He a nice mellow lemon zest mixed with a low key earthy-woody aroma. A very unique smell that I haven't found in other beers.

T: Fairly low key and mild grain bill that seems to take the backseat. The majority of the taste comes from the healthy amount of bitterness and spice at the end. There is an odd aftertaste that taste like you just chewed on leaves and dirt. It would have been great except for the aftertaste that lingers

M: Medium body with a tad too much carbonation. Sits a little heavy for a low ABV, but still very easy to drink.

O: The aroma and the taste are great and very unique, but the aftertaste and mouthfeel really drops this one down a notch. However, I will still recommend it.

11-24-2011 03:25:19 | More by codsmith
GRG1313

4.08/5  rDev +13.6%

Basically, tastes like a lemon/citric coffee/malty light stout/porter. Would never guess blind that it's a "pumpkin beer."

Pours dark brown with a thick, firm and lovely light khaki head.

Nose is cooked stone fruit esters with winter spices. Hints of cinnamon, sweet wood, and sweet smoke. Hints of sweet mapled venison (in a good way). Nose is very malty and appealing. Complex with lots of lemon undertones. Basic nose may be simply chocolatey coffee/roasted grain.

Mouthfeel is rich, thick and creamy; appealing and inviting with nice carbonation.

Flavors are simply complex and layered. Big roasted grain, wood, malt, coffee, creamed bitter chocolate with bright lemon undertones that is all very well balanced. There is a "flash" of pumpkin in the front palate that quickly gives way to the other flavors and characteristics. Complex flavors that marry well with many food profiles.

Finish is creamed bitter coffee, hints of wood and light light bitter espresso. This one has a lot going for it.

I don't know who came up with the recipe, but it "reeks" of Patrick, Tyler and the Bruery for the quality of this crazy blend, more indicative of the Bruery than Stone or Elysian. Either way, nice.

10-27-2011 06:17:47 | More by GRG1313
Rhynes2

4.08/5  rDev +13.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours out a nice creamy head. Notches at every sip down the side of the glass. It has a nice ruby red clear color to it. Really a beautiful beer. The taste is very well balanced. Dry with pumpkin spice notes and ending with more emphasis on clove. The flavor is also not very overpowering and I gotta say that its a great brew all together. Nice collaboration

11-28-2011 02:56:53 | More by Rhynes2
Brad007

Vermont

4.08/5  rDev +13.6%

Interesting collaboration between Stone, Elysian and The Bruery. The ingredients list is unorthodox.

Pours a nice burgundy hue with a thin head into my glass. I'm not really sure if it's a pumpkin ale.

Pumpkin, yams, candi sugar and a bit of birch stand out immediately in the nose. I've never had fenugreek so can't comment.

Interesting flavors upfront. How to describe it? Bitter and "rooty" upfront with a good dose of burnt sugar, birch and maybe a touch of the lemon verbena. Unorthodox. Not a pumpkin ale. I like the addition of birch bark.

The birch bark is all that lingers at the back of my throat. Not much else is there.

I'm torn between disdain and praise for this ale. On one hand, it's an excellent attempt at using non-traditional ingredients. On the other hand, it's so "different" that I can see many pouring it down the drain. I love it enough that I'm going to finish it.

01-11-2012 02:50:47 | More by Brad007
TaySuth

4.08/5  rDev +13.6%

Appearance: Very dark amber to medium brown in color. Half finger head recedes slowly into a ring with decent lacing.

Smell: Very inviting. Citrus aroma is dominant. Smells fresh.

Taste: The flavor is great. Pumpkin followed by citrus. Very clean finish.

Mouthfeel: Light to medium carbonation. Light body. Not bad but could be a little more bold.

Overall: A very enjoyable beer with great taste that I would be happy to buy again.

02-02-2012 06:45:24 | More by TaySuth
scottfrie

4.05/5  rDev +12.8%

12oz bottle into snifter.

A: Pours a very dark mahogany red with a thick but short lived light tan head that faded into a thick and bubbly film. Great lace.
S: The yams and lemon come through in a very earthy and herbal way. I have no clue what the heck fenugreek is (despite Googling it), but I do get a bit of the birch.
T: I’m not a huge fan of pumpkin beers although they can be good every now and again (which is why I bought this one), but I must say the yams in this compliment the normally sweet pumpkin. The lemon verbena gives a fantastic herbal lemon flavor, and the birch and pumpkin add just a touch of sweetness to the finish. There is a great spice quality as well. Delicious and crisp all around.
M: Medium body with crisp carbonation and a dry mouthfeel. Very refreshing.
O: Thankfully not overly sweet. The yams and earthy lemon add much needed complexity to a normal pumpkin beer. Well done.

12-05-2011 02:31:06 | More by scottfrie
The Bruery / Elysian / Stone La Citrueille Celeste De Citracado from Stone Brewing Co.