Stone 11.11.11 Vertical Epic Ale - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone 11.11.11 Vertical Epic AleStone 11.11.11 Vertical Epic Ale

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Chile Beer |  9.40% ABV

As with any good epic, herein lies the promise of larger-than-life experiences, heroics and twists & turns as the adventure unfolds. These bottle-conditioned ales are specifically designed to be aged until sometime after December 12th, 2012. Provided you can wait that long. At that time, enjoy them in a "vertical" tasting. Each one unique to it's year of release. Each with its own "twist & turn" in the plotline. Each one released one year, one month and one day from the previous year's edition. To remind you, the remaining dates are: 12.12.12

(Beer added by: JAramini on 11-10-2011)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone 11.11.11 Vertical Epic Ale Alström Bros
4.15/5  rDev +10.4%

Rich amber colored with a quickly reducing off-white head. Anaheim chilies dominate the nose on this one, as well as the initial taste. The back end is where the cinnamon comes through, followed by a warm, pleasant finish fueled by the high ABV. Unique flavor profile, but really enjoyable for something so off the beaten path -- which speaks to the quality and complexity of the beer. The Belgian-inspired malt profile is an elegant platform for the Anaheim chilies and cinnamon. Not something I'd want every day, but a great change of pace and pretty much perfect for a cold, grey November afternoon.

RockyTopHeel, Nov 17, 2012
3.75/5  rDev -0.3%

BrittQ, Nov 16, 2012
4.5/5  rDev +19.7%

inspektor, Nov 15, 2012

sveil, Nov 15, 2012
4.3/5  rDev +14.4%

Opened on 11/13/12 shared with a friend and poured into a tulip glass.

Only bought 2 when they came out and didnt drink them so this is my first taste.

Appearance: pours almost a light brownish and cloudy, small amount of light getting though. 1 finger off white head dissapated quickly, some lacing

Aroma: bready, malty, belgiany, sweet smell. not getting much chili or cinnamon in the nose.

Taste: very mild belgian taste, maybe the year of age mellowed it out. Get a hint of spice and clove, Really nice sweetness but not too sweet then folowed by the chili in the back of the mouth and slightly boozy as it warms your chest up a little.

Overall: Great tasting beer, Definitely worth the wait. Lots of complex flavors, almost too rich for my palate to dicipher.

Chadillac, Nov 14, 2012

yoitsarch, Nov 13, 2012
2.25/5  rDev -40.2%

InstaBeer, Nov 13, 2012
4.5/5  rDev +19.7%

The appearance is mahogany with a long lasting head. The smell is malty and sweet.unlike many other chili beers that I have had before, the roasted flavors of the chili is what comes out, and (thankfully) not the heat. The Cinnamon is present and adds a nice dimension to this beer. I need to pick up a few more before they disappear - some for now, and some for next year.

EDIT 11/12/2012

served chilled in a snifter, after storing for a year in my fridge

A: a deep amber/mahogany with a slight yellow head

S: Very fragrant - floral and sweet smelling

T: I taste a lot of the fruitiness of the Anaheim chili, and strong cinnamon notes. The finish is bitter and dry.

M: this is well-carbonated, which helps the finish to dissipate quickly.

O: I enjoyed this beer fresh a year ago, and I like it now, however I wouldn't want to drink more than one in an evening. It's nice for something different, but I wouldn't want a ton of it. I find myself pleasantly surprised a the absence of chili heat, which has ruined other chili beers for me in the past. I am happy that I stored a few bottle s of this one, and I still recommend it.

smerrell, Nov 12, 2012

nollie77, Nov 12, 2012
3.98/5  rDev +5.9%

Stone Epic Vertical 11.11.11

A- clear ruby in color with a two finger head. Very pretty.

S- smells like hot Tabasco and slight chile fruit. The aroma is dominated by the Anaheim chiles.

T- lots going on here. Slight hint of cinnamon, caramel, burnt sugar, ground coffee, even a bit of cacao some fresh green chile fruit. Bitter finish with a slight cheese aftertaste. Very complex.

M- medium bodied with a decent amount of carbonation. Chile warmth in the back of the throat after a few sips.

O- like I said, there is a lot going on with this beer. At first my palate was bombarded with a bunch of different flavors, but after a while I was able to pick them out. So yeah, still tastes pretty good after a year. Happy Veterans Day!

starkmarvelo, Nov 12, 2012

boot11222, Nov 10, 2012
3.88/5  rDev +3.2%

I wish I got another 40 or something because I didnt want to crack this until 11 11 12, just to have it on the 1 year anniversary. But I need a beer and im pretty sure there are two more of these to where I can get at least 1 more. So lets get to it!

A: This epic pours a hazy, light amber/dark orange and has a thin, creamy head with lots of tiny bubbles.

S: I the the initial sense of vanilla or cream, followed by banana, some clove and finishing with some spice.

T: Intense creamy banana and clove at first. I get some of the cinnamon, not as much of the chillies but it does have a little bit of that mild spice. I do get the flavor of some hops in this beer as well.

M: Not a lot of noticeable carbonation, the texture is rich, creamy and slightly bitter. Definitely as sipper of a beer.

O: This is my first epic so I dont know how it compares with previous releases, but overall enjoyed this beer and feel thankful I was able to find it long after its release.

SouljaSaia17, Nov 07, 2012

AleApostle, Oct 24, 2012
2.5/5  rDev -33.5%

DMacQ, Oct 22, 2012

dvmin98, Oct 18, 2012
Stone 11.11.11 Vertical Epic Ale from Stone Brewing Co.