Stone RuinTen IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone RuinTen IPAStone RuinTen IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Availability: Summer

We first released this decidedly indelicate beer in 2012, as Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our belovedly bitter Stone Ruination IPA. Stone RuinTen IPA uses the same recklessly hoppy recipe as the 2012 release; only the name has changed, as we plan to unleash this belligerently delicious hop monster upon the public annually from now on. We packed a whopping five pounds of hops into each barrel, and cranked up the ABV to stand up to the hop onslaught. The results are glorious, and we know you'll rejoice in tasting this audacious gem of hoppy splendor once again. You're welcome.

(Beer added by: ehammond1 on 06-14-2012)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone RuinTen IPA Alström Bros

RayOhioFelton, Jun 29, 2013

Buck6196, Jun 29, 2013

Orlando, Jun 29, 2013

mjweth2, Jun 29, 2013
4.71/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Poured in Pint Mug

Appearance: light red, amber with a thick heavy off-white head. Looks highly carbonated.

Aroma: I smell a huge hop presence in this one very piney and lemony.

Taste: This is truly a hop explosion to my palate. I can definitely taste the citrusy piney hop presence from the Citra Hops and the Centennial Hops and it is bittersweet. Piney and citrusy, a hint of lemon, It's pretty well balanced. Citrusy and piney towards the front of the palate, sweet in the middle from the malt presence, leaving it bitter and dry towards the end. I can't taste the alcohol at all. The hop presence is overpowering. I love it.

Mouthfeel: Full-bodied with moderate carbonated with a dry finish and sweetness.

Overall: This beer lives up to its expectation. This is my favorite Double IPA. I need to buy a case of this and a shirt! I wish this was offered regularly all year long enough said.

Tonmeister, Jun 29, 2013
3.76/5  rDev -12.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

bottle into tulip

appearance: golden orange with a subtle amber/ruby hue, 1 finger white head, some lacing

smell: pine heavy, citrus, some grapefruit, sweet malts, sugar, alcohol presence

taste: Very pine dominant, also with an earthy west coast sweet malt backbone, but it easily takes the back seat to the piney hop overload. I guess comparing it to normal Ruination, the alcohol obviously is a lot more pronounced. In my opinion, this is way too sweet, definitely on the sweeter side of the DIPA spectrum. The bitterness lingers and is very sharp and sweet. A little medicinal in the aftertaste. A little off balance, but that's the very obvious intention behind this hop bomb.

mouthfeel: average carbonation, thick syrupy body, more so than a Ruination

overall: Wow this beer got a lot of hype. Glad I picked up two of them, a very great beer for what it is, an extreme, huge hop bomb. Stone went all out on this, and it's pretty hard to rate this to style, it's sort of it's own unique thing. I think i may prefer Ruination to this, and by prefer I mean I could drink it more easily on a regular basis. This is something every hop head should seek out and try, but far from Stone's best beer. Glad I tried it, but I thought it could have been a little better. I would have liked more tropical, fruity, floral notes instead of straight pine and it seemed a little too sweet for my liking. However, it does do it's job, completely destroys your palate. I will drink my other one in a few days and possibly re edit my review.

Roman5150, Jun 29, 2013

2dogbrew, Jun 29, 2013

Quafftastic, Jun 29, 2013
4.41/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Very excited about this beer. I've heard nothing but great things! Here we go:

A: a breath-taking copper color with a thick foamy head; steady stream of carbonation emitting from the bottom of the glass

S: strong, resiny smell; almost like sweat

T: light feel, yet full-bodied taste, like I'm chewing hops; slight carbonation; aftertaste comes out of no where starting at the back of the throat and heading out the mouth; almost on the verge of too much dry hop character

M: super crisp; resiny; over-powering on the tastebuds

O: Delicious! Absolutely delicious! This is by far my favorite IPA (sorry Sixpoint Resin). This is a perfect example of the style: ridiculously full of hop character (you can taste every bit of the 5 lbs), strong alcoholic profile. There is only one thing I find wrong with this beer: I can't drink anything else after it; my taste buds are bombed. Too bad, I was going to rate another beer. TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

timmylange, Jun 29, 2013

Shnanign, Jun 29, 2013

tabascosigned, Jun 29, 2013
3.5/5  rDev -18.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

22 ounce bomber poured into a snifter

a: clear amber/orange color, lots of lacing, some carbonation

s: sweet citrus notes, tangerine

t: starts off same as the smell, some spicy hops in there, and has a sweet and boozy finish

m: you can sense the booze in there and its on the cloying side

This one was underwhelming to me. There isn't enough kick in the smell and this is on the sweeter side of DIPAs

Shumania, Jun 29, 2013

fatmcb1, Jun 29, 2013

roger617, Jun 29, 2013

Remdog, Jun 29, 2013
3.79/5  rDev -12.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

22 oz. bomber, arrived in town today.

A: Clear body with a light amber color. 1 finger head, nice retention.

S: Dank resinous hops. A hoppy armpit, kind of earthy. Really intense. Some alcohol.

T: Huge hop bitterness. Nicely balanced with, I'm sure, loads of malt to match the loads of hops. Alcohol really tears through, unfortunately.

M: Some creaminess to it. Some heat from the high alcohol content.

O: A really BIG beer from Stone. A little too big for my tastes, but a solid offering.

hoppytobehere, Jun 29, 2013

Jsher, Jun 29, 2013

ryser2k, Jun 29, 2013

GaToWyo, Jun 29, 2013
3.75/5  rDev -13%

wiltznucs, Jun 29, 2013

stanowsf, Jun 29, 2013
Stone RuinTen IPA from Stone Brewing Co.