Stone RuinTen IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone RuinTen IPAStone RuinTen IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Availability: Summer

We first released this decidedly indelicate beer in 2012, as Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our belovedly bitter Stone Ruination IPA. Stone RuinTen IPA uses the same recklessly hoppy recipe as the 2012 release; only the name has changed, as we plan to unleash this belligerently delicious hop monster upon the public annually from now on. We packed a whopping five pounds of hops into each barrel, and cranked up the ABV to stand up to the hop onslaught. The results are glorious, and we know you'll rejoice in tasting this audacious gem of hoppy splendor once again. You're welcome.

(Beer added by: ehammond1 on 06-14-2012)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone RuinTen IPA Alström Bros

ja09, Aug 11, 2014

billnet, Aug 11, 2014

stolee, Aug 11, 2014

pjbfromkc, Aug 11, 2014

Jimi-goodbrew, Aug 11, 2014

VBWharfRat, Aug 11, 2014
4.34/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Went over to a friends house one night.There where four of us and we went to costco and much to my pleasant surprise was a four pack of stone brews.The regular ipa,ruination,arrogant bastard and the ruin 10.They let me have the Ruin 10 because it was the only one i had not tried.What a great brew.I have to say I like Ruination alittle better but this is no slouch.With a ABV of 10.80 in a 22oz Bomber it got the job done.Very nice Hoppy flavor with a nice smell.If you are lucky enough to find those four packs grab 2 before they run out.You just can`t go wrong with Stone and this is no exception.Keep on Rockin the better beers.Motley Drunk out.

Motleydrunk56, Aug 11, 2014

PhilDaBrewer, Aug 11, 2014
3.61/5  rDev -16.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

22oz bottle. 2014 release.

Orange gold in color, significantly hazed, with slow head formation. Looks unsurprisingly syrupy. Super citrusy and sweet aroma, like candied orange peel. Flavor matches it, with a lot of citrus up front, developing into a little bit of an unmalted grain bitterness as it moves towards the back of the tongue. Orange rolls, grapefruit pith. Ethanol burn (some).

I remember the first time I tried (the original) Ruination, I thought it was an unbalanced mess of hops and not at all enjoyable. (though based on the BA reviews there are a lot of people who think otherwise) The flavors here are very clear and concise. The result is a pretty impressive brew, though to call it more balanced might be a joke.

hreb, Aug 11, 2014

BraveMountie, Aug 10, 2014

jpd7374, Aug 09, 2014

Anstuart5, Aug 09, 2014
4.05/5  rDev -6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

A- Hazy amber color when cold; crystal clear when warm. Awesome lacing.

S- Hops. I wasn't expecting that... ~wink. Grapefruit, orange, dank, pine, floral, and cracker-like breadiness.

T- Quick burst of sweet citrus and malts up front that is almost immediately assaulted by bitterness. Grapefruit, pine, resin, citrus rind, and other bitter hop characteristics take the lead, but tropical flavors like mango and pineapple float underneath. There's almost a tartness in there as well. Finish is dry with a spicy aftertaste.

M- Thick, smooth, and resinous. Oily on the tongue and drying. Spiciness lingers.

O- First of all, Ruination is one of my favorite beers on Earth. I know Ruin Ten came out exactly as the people at Stone intended. I know they're more man than me and that I am not worthy. I loved the look, smell, and feel, but the overall flavor was just too bitter for me. Each flavor was huge and the quality was evident, but the balance was tilted far too heavily in favor of the bitterness for my poor palate. And again, I'm sure that was the point.

tmm313, Aug 09, 2014

zbuchanan, Aug 09, 2014

Rich1818, Aug 09, 2014
Stone RuinTen IPA from Stone Brewing Co.