Stone RuinTen IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone RuinTen IPAStone RuinTen IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Availability: Summer

Beer added by: ehammond1 on 06-14-2012

We first released this decidedly indelicate beer in 2012, as Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our belovedly bitter Stone Ruination IPA. Stone RuinTen IPA uses the same recklessly hoppy recipe as the 2012 release; only the name has changed, as we plan to unleash this belligerently delicious hop monster upon the public annually from now on. We packed a whopping five pounds of hops into each barrel, and cranked up the ABV to stand up to the hop onslaught. The results are glorious, and we know you'll rejoice in tasting this audacious gem of hoppy splendor once again. You're welcome.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone RuinTen IPA Alström Bros
Reviews: 833 | Hads: 5,508
3.83/5  rDev -11.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

A: Pours a golden, caramel copper in color with a half inch of thick, frothy foam atop. Lots of lacing as you drink. Carbonation levels look to be on the lower side. As with most Stone brews, this is one beautiful, inviting beer to look at.

S: An assault of sweet, caramel malts and intense piney citrus hops singe the nostrils. Lots of floral, soapy notes in there, but a definite underlying malt presence to balance it out a bit.

T: Tame up front with sweet caramel and toffee malts this one quickly turns bitter with an all out hop assult on the taste buds which intensify and linger long into the aftertaste with a little bit of heat from the alcohol. I imagine this is what it tastes like to chew on a hop flower. Pine, citrus, tropical fruits and spice... hop resin everywhere.

M: Full bodied with light carbonation, tons of hop resin which makes this one quite sticky, almost syrupy. Fairly drinkable for it's heaviness, but the acidity gets to your stomach after awhile.

O: This is exactly what I would expect as a Double IPA from Stone. That said, I get it, it's hoppy, but at some point there must be some restraint; or perhaps I'm just getting tired of the West coast hop-bomb. Too much of a good thing, as they say, but sure to please those with less sensitive taste buds. (1,288 characters)

4.31/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Pours out a crisp clear amber with a pillowy cream coloured head that sticks around, making its presence known.

This smells amazamaballs. There's a creamy malt backdrop that allows the tropical fruits and a little bit of floral hops show their wares in wonderful fashion.

Taste leads in with the creamy sweetness of the malt, but gives way almost immediately to the real star of the show. Guess what it tastes like? Hops! Go figure. Good tropical/citrus notes. I find a touch of pine threading its way through the background, but that could just as easily be psychosomatic.

Resinous throughout and fairly thick these are the things I really like. The crushing bitterness of grapefruit pith is somewhat cloying, to the point that it detracts from the overall experience a little bit for me. Some may enjoy this, however.

If this beer were 150%-200% what it retails for, I'd say it's solid, but only worth the investment if you're really really looking for it. Considering the price point, it is an absolute monster. This is one thing that Stone has consistently been very very good about. Controlling for the inflation inherent in bombers, they manage to make consistently good to great beers at relatively reasonable prices. If you like any of the descriptors I used in this review, go get this beer today. If you're not as big on hoppy citrus bombs, it's still worth trying unless you really really don't like the bitter side of brewing (because this is definitely the bitter side of things). (1,499 characters)

4.24/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Consumed 7-13-12, poured into my DFH IPA Glass.

A- Pours a crystal clear amber/copper color with a sticky beige 2 finger head that lasts throughout the entire glass. Unimpressive, but alright lacing, carbonation is average based on appearance.

S- Pine and resinous hops followed by a blast of grapefruit, mango, and pineapple. Sweet malt and caramel aroma balances the hops. A touch of alcohol is present to remind you how big this beer is...

T- Extremely bitter, this thing is just packed full of hops. Pineapple, grapefruit, pine resin, tons of other tropical fruit, followed by a subtle malt sweetness and a strong alcohol presence. The hops seemed a bit more dull than the last time I drank this. Insanely long bitter finish.

M- Medium body, there is just enough to back up the hops, fairly dry, this seems to contribute to the never-ending bitterness. Carbonation is spot-on.

O- I liked this a whole lot more last week when I had it, but I didn't have the time to review it. It seems like the hops are dropping off very fast, or maybe my palate is just off tonight. This is still an incredibly well made beer, and based on my previous experience I am ranking it a bit higher overall than I would based solely on this review. (1,237 characters)

3.84/5  rDev -10.9%

Best before 9/5/13. 22oz bottle poured into a tulip. Pours a hazy burnt orange; small white head that fades quickly and leaves nice lacing and retention. The aromas are full of grapefruit, orange, melon. There are subtle garlic notes. It smells really good, but doesn't blast your senses. The taste has a pretty solid balance between hop bitterness and sweet caramel malts. This has a good amount of sweetness to it, but it's far from cloying. There's some pine resin in the mix. Very oily. There's a little bit of heat, but barely. Alcohol is barely noticeable. The mouthfeel is full-bodied and very slick. There's moderate carbonation. It's pretty easy to drink.

This is a good DIPA, but I was expecting much more. I feel underwhelmed. I just can't put it in that top-tier category for the style. Nonetheless, it's really solid stuff. (837 characters)

3.86/5  rDev -10.4%

22oz bottle. Enjoy by 8/18/13

A-Clear copper body. Pinky's width white head. Minimal lacing left on glass.

S-A very piney nose with citrus notes coming through. Get sweet malt aroma in the background of this hopped up imperial IPA.

T-Obviously a very hop forward beer that leaves the yeast and malt bill minimal chance to shine. Like the nose it brings a huge amount of citrus and pine to the palate. Other than the hops that is every where on your palate you get a sweet bittering finish that has some heat to it.

M-Medium bodied, nicely carbed, sweet and bittering finish.

O-A good imperial IPA that is hyped up due to its limited availability. Ruination gives it a run for its money for being a better put together Imperial IPA. This beer is good dont get me wrong but I believe it is hyped up. Its worth seeking out so get one anyways and try it out for yourself. (872 characters)

3.84/5  rDev -10.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

bomber into pint glass. drink by 08/18/13.

a: clear copper hue. head is bright white. decent retention, minimal lacing.

s: super piney. hop resins. a warming citrus and tropical fruit note. while being varied, big and hot were the main aroma.

t: similar to the nose, lots of resin. tastes sticky. the pine and citrus notes are muddied masking with the alcohol heat.

m: average carb on a full body.

d: good not great. Too much going on on the hop side of things, not enough balance or focus. take a step back and tweak stone. (533 characters)

4.46/5  rDev +3.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Let me stat off by saying that this beer is not balanced and doesn't really fit the typical double IPA mold. That being said if you love resinous, oily, funky hop flavor you will love this beer.

A- Not alot in the way of head but retains it well, copper in color, viscous and sticky lacing.

S- Crazy, overwhelming dank fresh hop smell, after sipping for a while you can begin to smell other hop character, citrus rinds, herbal, tangerine, spice.

T- First few sips explode with a mish mash of resinous oily hops, malt only plays a small role of sweetness, alcohol warms the palate but not as much as expected for high ABV. As you continue to drink and the beer warms more of the hop flavor become distinguishable, grapefruit, citrus, piney, peppery, melon.

M- Big, sticky, juicy. Light carbonation.

0- I loved this one. Over the top hop bomb, a must try for IPA lovers. (874 characters)

4.7/5  rDev +9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Poured in Pint Mug

Appearance: light red, amber with a thick heavy off-white head. Looks highly carbonated.

Aroma: I smell a huge hop presence in this one very piney and lemony.

Taste: This is truly a hop explosion to my palate. I can definitely taste the citrusy piney hop presence from the Citra Hops and the Centennial Hops and it is bittersweet. Piney and citrusy, a hint of lemon, It's pretty well balanced. Citrusy and piney towards the front of the palate, sweet in the middle from the malt presence, leaving it bitter and dry towards the end. I can't taste the alcohol at all. The hop presence is overpowering. I love it.

Mouthfeel: Full-bodied with moderate carbonated with a dry finish and sweetness.

Overall: This beer lives up to its expectation. This is my favorite Double IPA. I need to buy a case of this and a shirt! I wish this was offered regularly all year long enough said. (900 characters)

3.77/5  rDev -12.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

bottle into tulip

appearance: golden orange with a subtle amber/ruby hue, 1 finger white head, some lacing

smell: pine heavy, citrus, some grapefruit, sweet malts, sugar, alcohol presence

taste: Very pine dominant, also with an earthy west coast sweet malt backbone, but it easily takes the back seat to the piney hop overload. I guess comparing it to normal Ruination, the alcohol obviously is a lot more pronounced. In my opinion, this is way too sweet, definitely on the sweeter side of the DIPA spectrum. The bitterness lingers and is very sharp and sweet. A little medicinal in the aftertaste. A little off balance, but that's the very obvious intention behind this hop bomb.

mouthfeel: average carbonation, thick syrupy body, more so than a Ruination

overall: Wow this beer got a lot of hype. Glad I picked up two of them, a very great beer for what it is, an extreme, huge hop bomb. Stone went all out on this, and it's pretty hard to rate this to style, it's sort of it's own unique thing. I think i may prefer Ruination to this, and by prefer I mean I could drink it more easily on a regular basis. This is something every hop head should seek out and try, but far from Stone's best beer. Glad I tried it, but I thought it could have been a little better. I would have liked more tropical, fruity, floral notes instead of straight pine and it seemed a little too sweet for my liking. However, it does do it's job, completely destroys your palate. I will drink my other one in a few days and possibly re edit my review. (1,532 characters)

4.4/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Very excited about this beer. I've heard nothing but great things! Here we go:

A: a breath-taking copper color with a thick foamy head; steady stream of carbonation emitting from the bottom of the glass

S: strong, resiny smell; almost like sweat

T: light feel, yet full-bodied taste, like I'm chewing hops; slight carbonation; aftertaste comes out of no where starting at the back of the throat and heading out the mouth; almost on the verge of too much dry hop character

M: super crisp; resiny; over-powering on the tastebuds

O: Delicious! Absolutely delicious! This is by far my favorite IPA (sorry Sixpoint Resin). This is a perfect example of the style: ridiculously full of hop character (you can taste every bit of the 5 lbs), strong alcoholic profile. There is only one thing I find wrong with this beer: I can't drink anything else after it; my taste buds are bombed. Too bad, I was going to rate another beer. TOTALLY WORTH IT!!! (943 characters)

3.51/5  rDev -18.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

22 ounce bomber poured into a snifter

a: clear amber/orange color, lots of lacing, some carbonation

s: sweet citrus notes, tangerine

t: starts off same as the smell, some spicy hops in there, and has a sweet and boozy finish

m: you can sense the booze in there and its on the cloying side

This one was underwhelming to me. There isn't enough kick in the smell and this is on the sweeter side of DIPAs (405 characters)

3.83/5  rDev -11.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

22 oz. bomber, arrived in town today.

A: Clear body with a light amber color. 1 finger head, nice retention.

S: Dank resinous hops. A hoppy armpit, kind of earthy. Really intense. Some alcohol.

T: Huge hop bitterness. Nicely balanced with, I'm sure, loads of malt to match the loads of hops. Alcohol really tears through, unfortunately.

M: Some creaminess to it. Some heat from the high alcohol content.

O: A really BIG beer from Stone. A little too big for my tastes, but a solid offering. (497 characters)

3.92/5  rDev -9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Seriously this beer looks amazing! Golden orange-yellow color with a thin white head that smells of sweet malt, a touch of caramel, good sweet citrus and a great hop-forward presence. Taste is just a bit much for me; Ruination decided to RAGE! I love the increased malt character, but the additional hops is just too dominant. I do like how the hops dance on my tongue, and the slight bite from the hops. The linger of the hops in the middle of my tongue is quite nice. FT my other RuinTen... (492 characters)

4.32/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

In my snifter: Stone RuinTen Imperial IPA from Stone Brewing. Twenty-two ounce bomber poured into a New Belgium snifter. Vitals: 10.8%abv and 100+ IBU. Bottle says best by 9-15-13.

A- Pours a dark, clear copper with a heavy off-white head that retreats rapidly and leaves slight lacing. Not much of a carb volcano from the bottom of the glass... In fact, there are no bubbles down there at all.

S- Strong smell of pine and hops. No citrus, no malt, just hops, hops and more hops. So far, the reputation of this beast is accurate. Now for the taste....

T- Hop-heads rejoice... As advertised, this one packs a hop punch like nothing most have ever tasted. Overwhelmingly bitter on the initial taste, but just enough malt to give it a nice, even finish. I taste piney hops and the slightest bit of biscuit. No citrus anywhere. After the finish, a deep draw of breath reveals a slight flavor of white grape must.

M- The mouthfeel is standard for a high-quality double IPA... It has nice carbonation as it leaves the glass, but before it reaches the throat it is as flat as a glass of milk. Slick and oily with just the slightest hint of alcohol burn in the nose. Not a brew you would want to pound a few of on a Friday night... This is the Chuck Norris version of beer...

O- Overall I think this offering from Stone deserves high marks. As the bottle says, it is "a stage dive into a mosh pit of hops". I could never drink two of these in a session, in fact it may be hard to finish all 22 ounces of this beast. Highly recommend to my hop-loving pals, but American lager drinkers would hate this one! (1,602 characters)

4.73/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A - beautiful copper with good-sized head and excellent lacing

S - great bouquet of floral and fruity hops, a little dank

T - similar to nose but with fruity (tropical) hops dominating; a good bit of malt sweetness and alcohol presence

M - medium body with good carbonation

O - I enjoyed this much more than I expected. Especially after the salesman at the liquor store gave me his opinion. Definitely worth the money, especially if you're looking to feel the alcohol (471 characters)

4.27/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Clear as a bell amber,2 finger soapy white head,carbonation appears slight,lacing respectable.

Aroma is hop forward, but the dank oily type, not so much in the way of tropical nose.

Taste starts out sharply bitter, with the flavors of the grassy hops coating the palate in waves before subsiding. Slight grapefruit pith but mostly resinous acidic hops playing out here with some heat brining up the rear as the booziness becomes apparent in the throat.

Mouthfeel is surprisingly heavy for the appearance: this reminds me of F&W Double Jack which also has a solid "bite" to it with the aggressive hops and alcohol presence.

Overall, a strong-like-bull Imperial, but the highly acidic characteristics are a bit much here. Stone Enjoy By is a much more palatable IPA for those searching for tropical qualities, and a less acidic hop wallop. (841 characters)

4.37/5  rDev +1.4%

A - Poured into a snifer from a 22oz bottle. Orange amber color and a small head and nice lacing.
S - Loaded with hops. Grapefruit , Citrus, Pine
T - Like the smell this is all hops. The taste is strong of grapefruit, Tropical fruit, Citrus, a little pine. Spicy. Good malt profile on the backbone to balance. A bitter biter for sure.
M - Medium body, a little creamy It takes over the palette. the ABV is defiantly noted.
O - This is one hop attack of an IPA and really enjoyable. (483 characters)

3.95/5  rDev -8.4%

22 oz. bottle, with best by date of 08/26/2013 printed on the side. Just got this beer in my area, and I'm excited to try it, since I missed out on it last year.

Poured into a Firestone Walker pint glass for lack of a snifter.

A - Lightly aggressive pour yields two fingers of thick fluffy off-white head on top of a mostly clear coppery dark orange colored body. Thick rings of lacing on the way down.

S - Immediately upon uncapping this monster, the intense aroma of citrus grapefruit hops hit me in the face. Grapefruit, blood orange, citric acid. Smells pretty damn intense.

T - The taste is big and massive. Huge, crushing hops destroy the palate in just one sip. Grapefruit, blood orange, cracked pepper, pine. This thing is like the Hiroshima bomb confined to a bottle. Very intense spicy hop profile, peppery, & with plenty alcohol heat, but extremely high drinkability considering this beers high abv. Bit of soapiness in the finish.

M - Feel is of extremely bitter hops lingering on the palate, dry with some lingering alcohol warmth & spice.

Overall, I'm glad I managed to catch this beast this time around. Stone never fails to deliver a crushing hop annihilation, and this beer is definitely not the exception to that. Big aroma, big flavor, big bottle, big 10.80% abv. This beer is destined to doom me & my palate. A wonderfully tasty assault on the senses. A must have beer for all IPA lovers.

Stone RuinTen IPA ---4/5. (1,441 characters)

4.14/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

22 oz. bottle poured into a DFH signature glass. Drink by 9/5/13.

A - Pours a crystal clear, bright amber with just a half finger of pearl colored head. Good retention and the laser etching on the glass makes a nice oval pattern that sits on top the entire time. Lace paints the walls of the glass as I drink.

S - It has that familiar dank aroma that I have come to love in Stone's IPAs. Juicy citrus with a mellow caramel backbone. Reaks of juicy hops and tropical fruits. Smells like a hoppier, more assertive Ruination.

T - Immediately pungent and hoppy. Sweeter midpalate than I expected. The sweetness is shortlived as huge bitter hops hit on the back of the tongue. Persevering pine lingers on the first few sips, but the finish gets cleaner and cleaner as my palate acclimates to the hop assault. Tropical fruits and ripe grapefruit flavors strengthen as the beer warms.

M - A little bit spritzy off the bat, but smooths out with time. The alcohol doesn't go totally unnoticed, but not bad for a 10.8% bomb.

O - I missed out on the original 10th Anniversary, so I have been looking forward to this one since I heard it was returning. Stone is not bashful with the hops in their IPAs, and this is probably the hoppiest of the bunch. Pine and citrus exchange blows, but I think pine is the primary flavor I get. Sweet malts are not prominent, but they do make themselves known. This is a very good IPA, but I don't think it lived up to my expectations. If given the choice, I would take Enjoy By over this. This is probably one of the hoppiest beers I have ever tasted. I will probably seek this one out every year, but can't put it among my favorite few IPAs as I had hoped. (1,689 characters)

3.93/5  rDev -8.8%

Poured from a 22 oz bomber into a tulip/snifter. Purchased in Attleboro, MA.

A- Pours a completely clear golden amber body with a 2 finger white head that reduces fairly slowly to some chunky foam. Leaves heavy lacing.

S- Pretty potent, the aroma hit me the second I cracked it open. Immediately I get big grapefruit-citrus and grassy, earthy aromas combined with pine and definitely caramel and toffee.

T- Wow, slightly different than I was expecting. I was expecting a hop-heavy, juicy, tropical blast, instead it's more on the piney, resinous, citrusy side. After the initial hop blast, I get big malt notes that are almost creamy, like vanilla cake frosting (weird, I know, but I'm definitely getting this). The finish is piney, bitter and astringent, and sticks on the tongue for a while. The hops seem to be all over the place in this one.

M- Medium carbonation with a pretty heavy body. Leaves a bitter taste for a while.

I wasn't exactly blown away by this beer given it's hype, but it was still a good drink. I could name many other DIPAs I'd rather be drinking, including "enjoy by" and the original ruination. The balance was a little off on this one, the hops kind of just punched you in the face instead of working together. Do try it though. (1,263 characters)

3.7/5  rDev -14.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Transparent golden, orange color with a thick, rich, egg-shell white head. Exceptional retention and forms mountains of lacing on the glass.

Sweet, tropical and spicy aroma. Mango and apricot mix with pine needles, garlic and white pepper. Somewhat unusual blend of aromas but they work fairly well together.

Dense malt character of rye bread. Aggressive honey sweetness. Hops attempt to balance with a spicy, herbal, garlic flavor. Hint of detergent in the finish. Flavors just don't harmonize that well together.

Full bodied feel, bordering on syrupy. Descent carbonation. Coarse texture turns sticky middle to end. Dry in the finish.

A good DIPA just not up to the standards that Stone usually delivers. Simply put, it lacks balance. (740 characters)

4.2/5  rDev -2.6%

Pours a nice amber color with a two-finger head (with an aggressive pour) with only slight lacing as you drink it down. Immediate hop aroma and flavor. Very citrusy, piny, with a very nice balanced malt backbone. Very hop-centric though. The hop bitterness lasts as you swallow, but it isn't at all too much. Enjoyable beer. (324 characters)

4.45/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

22oz. bomber poured into a Burley Oak tulip

A: It is a cloudy/hazy amber brown that pours with a two finger head that diminishes fairly rapidly but has ok lacing.

S: Hops, hops, hops! This is a citrus bomb if ever there was one, but specifically grapefruit. It is like a tropical island in a glass, with just a hint of mowed lawn in there.

T: It is not what I expected at all, but I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting. From the get go it is just all hops, but it has a nice malt backbone to hold up and complement the complex hops here. There is actually quite a lot of malt, as if Stone somehow passed a hop threshold here and got back to sweet malt, unlike Mikkeller's 1000 IBU which passed the same threshold, but then the malt threshold and got a second hop wind. The hop profile here is very blended, it is a whirlwind of citrus and pine. The aftertaste is a smooth transition and thoroughly coats your mouth and leaves it with quite the sweet citrus taste.

M: The carbonation here is even throughout and has a nice level of coarseness.

O: Let me just say that Stone got me into beer with Ruination (especially IPAs) and I just missed this since I really got into beer in December 2012, but whole hog not until late February 2013, so I was disappointed that I missed this. I am glad I got to try it, but it seems that I prefer both Ruination and Enjoy By over this. I'm surprised out how good Stone is at brewing so many distinct IPAs. It really tastes like a combination of Enjoy By and Ruination. (1,513 characters)

4.24/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Appearance: Pours with about a finger of head which dissipated but was present along the edges of the glass. There is a beautifully clean burnt orange color to this brew. Active carbonation bubbled in the glass. Very light lacing. Has all the looks that a massive hop bomb should.

Smell: Bam! So much pine and bright citrus attack right away. The hops do not cease, have a slightly darker body in the aroma. Saturated tangerines, grapefruit, pine, mandarin oranges, and some leafy accents are found. Wow so very very bright. Not much else going on but the hops, but they are done outstandingly well.

Taste: The front is a surprisingly tame hop presence. A smooth, rich tropical fruit flavor jumps on the palette. The body is a strong pine and grapefruit presence which finishes very bitter, yet delicious. The finish again is very bitter and dry, with a lot of hop brightness. Gets a little boozy on the finish, but add more then it distracts.

Mouthfeel: Takes the palette on a journey. Fruity and some boozy dryness.

Overall: Is it another massive hop bomb? Yes, but it is done with the mastery that Stone continues to show in their IPAs. Scary drinkable, scary amount of hops, just the way I like to be scared. Got get yourself a bottle. (1,247 characters)

4.49/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured dark golden, slightly hazy with a good three finger thick head after a pretty aggressive pour. The foam subsided slowly and left a good thick quarter-inch layer that provided a beautiful lace to the end. The aroma was flower, citrusy, and pretty sweet, with some fresh-baked bread notes. Mild tropical fruit, pineapple and resiny pine also came forward. The taste is just like the aroma, with big citrus and tropical fruits, pine and some sweet bready malt. What an excellently balanced brew! Overall, RuinTen is one of my favorite Stone brews. Although this beer is already a couple of months old, the hops seemed to hold up really well. Can't wait until next year's version is released. (696 characters)

Stone RuinTen IPA from Stone Brewing Co.