Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros
Ratings: 9,424 | Reviews: 1,437

11.12.13

Let me start by saying I absolutely LOVED this beer. I had it on tap at Falling Rock in Denver, CO. The keg ran out as he was pouring it, so he tapped a new one, so I got the first pour out of a keg.

It was a dark copper, but was completely transparent, not murky like a lot of IPAs. This also was so hoppy and bitter. My girlfriend had a pint of Russian RIver Blind Pig, and when comparing the 2, Enjoy By blows BP out of the water.

I would recommend this beer to anyone who enjoys solid IPAs or DIPAs.

Very citrusy taste, extra hoppy. That's why I loved it.

By far one of the best beers I've ever had. Amazing.

If my wife ordered this as a perfume, I would bang her clothes 2/14/15 appropriate

Absolutely amazing. Hop forward is an understatement. Amazing mouthfeel. Like a little citrus fairy couple dancing on my tongue!

Smoothest double IPA

So far the best beer I have ever had

Batch #5 04.01.13

Appearance- Perfectly clear golden color. Two fingers of off-white, peanut color head.

Smell- Floral citrus explosion. Smells like a wet cellar (Good is this case). Grapefruit, lots of pine needles.

Taste- Punch of hops in the front and back of the tongue almost at the same time. Big grapefruit and pine in the middle. Finishes super dry with an underlying sweetness.

Mouthfeel- It hits you hard with hops and finishes dry like an IPA should, but with an underlying citrusy sweetness.

Overall- Very well balanced. The freshness is so apparent. All the flavors are so vibrant and pronounced. It feels like the flavors are wrestling in your mouth for your attention. Your mouth tingles with hoppy bitterness after. Dare I say my favorite IPA. . . so far.

Poured into a dogfish head IPA glass. Bottled 1/9/14 (enjoy by 2/14/14 edition).

Appearance is transparent amber, with lots of bubbles rising quickly, and a thick nearly-white head that leaves tons of sticky lace.

Smell is crazy. Mind-blowing citrus, weed, onions, resin. So many hop aromas it's staggering.

Taste is much the same - lots of candied orange, freshly-mowed onion grass (if that makes sense), flowers, and weed popping around in your mouth with equal intensity. Finish is tongue-sappingly bitter (in a good way). Aftertaste is dank, earthy, and resiny. There are so many hop flavors going on in here that I just can't even believe it. Also, after a while it gives you the most glorious hop-burps!

Mouthfeel is relatively thin, with lots of prickly bubbles - absolutely perfect for the flavor!

Overall, this is just an incredible beer. Probably my favorite-ever IPA. So happy it made it to Georgia again, and I already can't wait until next time it comes here!

Amazingly beautiful gold color with a solid grapefruit nose. Obviously dry hopped with motueka, one of my favorite hops. It was more resinous out of a bottle but on tap it was silky. You don't get the bitter until 3 seconds after your sip. What a solid beer. Wish this was on tap all the time.

My first "Enjoy By" was the 04-01-13 brew out of a bomber. It was immediant love at first sip! Hop madness straight out the bottle! Poured a golden yellow imto a standard British pint glass. The bitterness of the hops was easily disguished by an amaziing smoothness and overall drinkability not found in average IPA's.

My second, the 08-02-13 edition, was enjoyed really fresh (brewed 06-28-13'- consumed 07-01/02-13) via a growler straight from the brewery! If you ever get a chance to visit, this is a mandatory stop...but I digress. The 08-02 poured same as the 04-01 and each glass was consistent throughout. This has to be one of Stone's best!!

Third: 09-13-13 edition, 22oz bomber, not as tasty as the "straight from the brewery" taste I enjoyed in August, but still an the best IPA I've had!

Exceptional. One of my favorite DIPA's. Better than a much harder to find beer here in NorCal, you know which one ;). Just my opinion. This beer is perfect to me. Will buy every release.

Great fresh ipa! Stone is the bomb!

4.20.14 bomber poured into a tulip.

A - Clear golden color with two fingers of off-white foamy head. Retention is about 3-4 minutes. Lots of lacing down the glass.

S - I can't describe it as anything other than hop heaven. Floral and citrusy with a hint of malty sweetness.

T - Bright hop flavor up front, some malt sweetness, then a bitter, earthy, hop finish.

M - Bright and bubbly. Finishes cleanly. Not too light and not too heavy.

O - I haven't had an Enjoy By in a while, but damn this is good.

By 9/20/2014 - wonderful aroma, rich assortment of flavor, smooth and lingering goodness.

My all time favorite IPA or DIPA (so far). Huge mouthwatering aroma of citrus and tropical fruits with some pine. The taste will blow you away. I got strong guava flavors which is unique along other tropical flavors like pineapple and mango with fantastic bitter grapefruit citrus flavors to compliment. Nicely balanced with the malt but definitely hop heavy (which is my preference) I just don't want to stop drinking this beer. Better than Pliney in my opinion in smell taste and mouthfeel. If you see this beer, get it, and drink it fresh!

I've been slacking on the previous releases of Enjoy By, and haven't had a chance to Enjoy since October 2013. Just got a hold of (4) 4.20.2014 and damn was it good! More than I expected from the last time I had it. I'd say my pallet is more accustom to IPA's now and this is why I rate this beer so high.

How is this beer ranked BELOW their regular IPA? These rankings are insane. Anyone with a palate for good beer would agree that the Enjoy By totally blows away the regular Stone IPA.

Hell yes to this beer, lightning strikes six times! Have been back for more on 2 other occasions to my local beer store. Really did not think this would still be around, but it is. Taking advantage of the general public in my area not knowing about this. Enjoy your case of Bud Light.. See review of the first one:

I spotted an open case of these at my beer grocer. They were so new that they couldn't even find the price on them. Bottled a little more than 1 week ago from enjoying!!!

I pounced on the opportunity.

A grapefruit BOMB pervades the nostrils in a pleasant way.

Grapefruit and bitter finish, and clean.

One caveat is this: As I have enjoyed the 6 bottles over the past 2.5 weeks, yes, there is a marked difference between drinking this a week ago and now. It will never be as good as when you can drink less then a week after it was bottled.

This and the Ballast Point Sculpin IPA are the two best IPA's I have ever had. I guess the conundrum with this is once you have had these Enjoy By's, it ruins your palate for other IPA's, which is unfair. Once you have had this, it is hard to accept anything less.

Such a treat, and on a select few of perfect IPA's.

Ok people.. I'm not a huge IPA guy... I keep saying that.. but more and more I'm starting to enjoy IPA's...

Anyway... I tend to like double IPAs more than singles.

This one is GREAT!!!

The smell is pure citrus awesomeness... and it is one of the clearest beers I have ever seen.. pretty amazing.

WOW!!!!

The hops bitterness is there at the end, but it is smooth bitterness if that makes sense.. and so much lovely grapefruit.. man I love this beer. I'm going to go buy another one tomorrow... period.

This is just a great beer and anytime it hits Texas from now on, I am all in.... drinking it fresh and drinking it often when I can.

Had this one on thanksgiving. Awesome awesome beer. Can't wait to pop open my second one soon. For $7 a bomber, wish I had more.

What can I say? Perfect Pilsner-like color* For those who would argue that it should be more appropriately copper colored... *The first officially designated American craft brewed IPA was Grant’s, and it contained Pilsener malts of this golden hue. The nose is an exquisite melange of grapefruit, Mandarin orange, tangerine, pinapple, mango, kiwi, and lemon/lime. The flavors follow suit, and the body is medium to full with just the right amount of malt backbone which is more of a textural thing, in this case, than a flavor enhancer. The hops are given free reign to truly shine here. The balance is nearly flawless, right through the long, dry finish which is crisp, and remarkably refreshing. Wow!

Poured from a 1PT 6FL OZ bottle into a pint glass. Enjoy By 09.20.14 IPA (bottled on: 08.16.14 per website - this is indeed "devastatingly fresh" at just over three weeks old!)

Appearance: Pours a clear bright pale body with a nice white head. Significant lacing.

Smell: Bright citrusy wonderful. Even the bottle cap had a fantastic aroma.

Taste: One of the better, if not best tasting IPAs I have ever tasted. If indeed this recipe hasn't changed over time, then I think all of the major players (and favorites) are there: Amarillo, Citra, Simcoe, Nelson Sauvin, Galaxy? Stone has hit all of the high notes for me. This is fantastic!!

Mouthfeel: Nice and smooth, no complaints.

Overall: I hate giving a beer a perfect 5, and don't think I have ever done so thus far, but this could possibly be the best tasting beer I have ever tasted. This is my first time trying this beer and I always thought of it as kind of gimmicky or more of a sarcastic marketing response to the beer nerd community. More than anything though, this is a fantastically crafted, amazingly tasting Double IPA. It has a huge burst of tropical hop flavor and is not overly bitter. I could drink this all day!

Enjoyed this in a side by side taste test with a Pliny. First time I have had either of these beers.

Poured a lovely dark golden hue with a thick creamy pale head in a Spigelau IPA glass. Aroma was very citrus hop forward and sweet in nature. A little alcohol in the nose. Very aggressive nose.

First sip was bitter with a huge hop hit. Citrus, pine, spice, almost spicy hotness with the hop hit. Followed by a large dose of alcohol with a slight malt backbone. Crisp finish though most likely due to the alcohol. Felt like I was hit with a hop hammer, but I liked it!

Ultimately, I love a beer that challenges my senses and this one does. For my tastes a bit more in my wheelhouse than Pliny. Both great beers, but if I had to choose one forever it would be Enjoy By!

Enjoyed multiple versions, and always buy any one that I can find. Enjoy By 4-20-2014 was the best batch.

A - Orange hue, slightly off-white head that hangs around like a well hung bull.
S - Fantasticly fresh, everybit of a grapefruit, citrusy, lemony aroma that lingers like a bad hangover. Except every bit of this smell was well taken.
T - Impressive malt backbone from a brewery that seems to skimp out on that aspect with IPA's and favor the over-usage (but welcomed) of hops. Great balance.
M - Creamy, almost as if they used oats within the grain bill but the brew is exceptionally clear, so that didnt happen. Perfectly carbonated.
O - Among the other festivities that usually take place on 4/20 this was by far the most memorable... I think. Can stand up to the very best in the IIPA world.

My top 5 beer choice. The gods have graced us with this beer pick.

refers to Enjoy By 4-20-15

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.