Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

(Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros

teleforce, Jan 25, 2014

ambalam, Apr 07, 2013

moserine, Mar 23, 2013

KnowYourCraft, Jul 16, 2014

Perhaps my top 3 in IPAs. If this were the only beer left on this planet, I'd be fine.

Pours a orangy golden with one finger of head. Classic example of an IPA.

The moment I took the cap off the bottle, I could smell the aroma of this beauty. I got a LOT of papaya, maybe 80% papaya, 10% pineapple, 10% orange/grapefruit. Just spectacular, juicy, and tropical smelling.

The taste was the smell, plus malt, more sweetness, and more hoppiness. Very well balanced, and I got absolutely zero alcohol on the taste. VERY well made, and now I see what the hype is all about.

Overall, I base my opinion on whether or not I would buy the beer again, so I take into account the price, taste, and availability. A bomber for $10 that is hard to find, to me, is a steal for this type of beer. Phenomenal!

bball208, Feb 11, 2014

RedDon, Aug 27, 2014

alexknuckles, Mar 16, 2013

jgreenward, Mar 16, 2013

BeerNDoggerel, Dec 20, 2012

This is by far and away the best double IPA...or any IPA for that matter, I have ever had the pleasure of tasting. I won't go in to too much detail on this one because it was several weeks ago when I enjoyed this beer. Furthermore, how can one describe in words what they believe to be a perfect beer?

This brew struck the balance between a hefty, complex, flavor profile and an extremely refreshing and clean finishing experience. Both the aroma and flavor was, obviously, hoppy - citrus, floral, pine. It was all there. A very delicious beer. An adventure that I will seek to replicate for the rest of my life and most likely never will.

BigC88, Aug 13, 2014

420Rick, Nov 18, 2013

MaddDogg84, Apr 12, 2014

Mike099, Nov 02, 2013

mcphish22, May 02, 2013

AndyCowles75, Aug 02, 2014

SimonPuggle, Jul 03, 2014
4.99/5  rDev +12.6%

pours a crystal orange color nice head. Smells amazing hops citrus pine mmmm mmmm taste is of pine, orange, just enough bitterness on the tongue without killing the palate... abv is well hidden no booze no burn just a great balanced dipa... Will enjoy by any time I can get it...

alk3kenny, Jan 17, 2014
4.99/5  rDev +12.6%

Have had the 9/21/12, 11/09/2012, 12/21/2012, 4/1/2013 and 5/17/2013 iterations of this world-class DIPA, and they've all been near-flawless. While , from what I understand, the recipe has stayed mostly the same (though I'm sure some tweaks have been made with each batch), I would call out the 9/21, 12/21 and 5/17 as standouts.

Appearance: If "DIPA orange" had a dictionary entry; Enjoy By would accompany the photo.

Smell: A citrus, pine, grapefruit, mango, lemon, orange explosion.

Taste: The quintessential west-coast double IPA. While buying bombers is fun, if you see this on tap, order as many rounds as you can imbibe. Taste is a citrus assault with a perfect, west-coast dry finish. The malt backbone is there, but there's little sugar to be had here -- the 11(!) hop varietals are the star of the show.

Mouthfeel: Quite drinkable for a 9.4% DIPA, medium-body.

Overall: The “Enjoy By” conceit is not only a genius marketing plan — “this beer is brewed not to last!” as if it will turn into toxic sludge on its past-due date — it’s also a clarion call and challenge to brewers, distributors and retailers alike. To other brewers, the challenge is simple: let’s see you brew a beer this good, and also ensure that your enjoy by date is easy to find and not hidden behind a seemingly random code of letters and numbers or not present at all. To distributors and retailers it’s a little more difficult: do you have the stones (no pun intended) to do the right thing and remove a product from the shelves after its enjoy-by date and eat the loss? Given this beer’s extraordinary popularity, I can’t imagine there have been any bombers left come the sell-by date, although as Stone continues to perfect the logistics of this experiment it seems like a reasonable assumption that the beer will eventually become available more regularly and distributed in more locations, perhaps presenting a tough decision for shopkeepers in the near future. Either way, continuing to educate the consumer on the importance of beer freshness by bringing the issue front-and-center should only further enhance craft drinkers’ overall enjoyment

To wrap-up this already long-winded review, Stone is of course one of the world's foremost brewers of IPAs across the board in any style, and this beer fulfills the promise of the freshest, most enjoyable DIPA you could hope for and then some. A truly phenomenal, world-class beer.

LarryK, Sep 20, 2012
4.98/5  rDev +12.4%

Poured from a 22 oz bomber into a 16 oz pint glass
A: Nothing really special, poured a nice golden-pale color with around .25" of head and left behind some nice lacing.
S: Very aromatic, luscious tropical fruits and grapefruits, but with a strong hop bite. I love smelling this beer.
T: Initial strong hop flavor with the perfect amount of sweetness to balance it out. And then the tropical fruits come in. I got some juicy pineapple flavors and oodles of grapefruit.
M: Light carbonation with a medium body. Somehow i could not taste the 9.4 abv at all.
O: My favorite beer I have ever tried. I had high expectations going in and it exceeded those expectations. It was so perfectly balanced, I was in heaven

gatorlove, Nov 02, 2013
4.98/5  rDev +12.4%

This Northwest Ohioan was lucky enough to get his hands on a super-hard-to-get bomber of "Enjoy By 11/9/12" from my connec. Shared it with my best bud and both of our eyebrows shot up as we first smelled it and then tasted it.

I'm a hophead and prefer the DIPA style. This brew was so dank, earthy, and composty -- way beyond pine and grapefruit! I've never had anything like it. I desperately tried to get my hands on more of it, but no luck.

The hype is not hype. If you like hops, do yourself a big favor and try this one if you can find it. All I can do is hope that Stone is going to meet the market on this one and not just let the buzz flow.

Added on March 15, 2013: Found more or the 4.1.13 in both NW Ohio and at Green's in Greenville, SC. Wow! Lucky me. California: the Midwest gives up.

paultierney1, Nov 18, 2012
Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.